• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do enfps have a Te complex ?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyway, back on track: (hehe Te use bahahaha)

- When Te is working well, it helps us plan and implement the things we want to realize, so it's a palpable function that's easy to see or whatever. I'm probably talking out my ass. I don't know jack shit about functions.

- When I'm under stress, what I assume to be Te either kicks up in high gear and I get really productive or I slam on the breaks. Or both.

Example:

GOOD Te:

- This weekend I had a shitload of shit to do. I got it all done with time to spare. Were I not under that kind of pressure, I would not have been that efficient.

- I develop mechanisms for compensating for lack of Si using Te structures I create and (usually) maintain.

- When something has to be done, I can get things done.

BAD Te:

- I've taken on too many projects and stressing the fuck out. I cancel them point-blank.

- I'm stressed out in my relationship. First, I appeal using Ne, then Fi. That doesn't work? Then I strategize. If that doesn't work, out come the panzer divisions. And if I get pushed too far, I fucking explode like a spewing volcano. <-- That happened more as a kid/young adult, not as much now, thank god.

- I'm stressing out over a test. I ignore all people as unhelpful and design my own route to success, come hell or high water. I reject groups as fundamentally ineffective and rely solely on my own power (mental, physical). Unfortunately for my growth process, it usually works. :(

- I put my relationship on hold, my life on hold, everything on hold, and focus on work and become a massive work-a-holic akin to most stereotypes of XSTJ types. Funny thing is XSTJs probably don't act like that because they're effective. *I* do though because I'm not.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
no really...the only reason i began discussing it with you is because i wanted to understand more...i heard lil droplets of potentially interesting things...so i was looking closer...but still...nothing i can relate to and if you're not capable of expanding further than i'm afraid this particular enfp will be of no help.

Think I have made myself enough of a clown for now. Seeing what feculent abysms of the human soul are about to show themselves here any moment, I rather make my leave.

I've said what I wanted to say, I really dont know nothing about enfps. I have a few stereotypes but they are all negative and I dont want to go by them. I am wondering why the difference between an infp which is my gf and an enfp is apparently huge or if this is just a misperception. I am wondering if they perceive the world in causal possibilities as well and by that achieved a certain life experience they can use by now or if they have a problem to tell others about them at all.

Maybe I'll find out one day
*makes a histrionic leave*

I'll go bug the ISTJs now, they at least dont fight back :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not trying to fight with you...only meant to point out that further clarification was needed. i couldn't tell if you were just sorta sticking your tongue out at us...or asking a question in hopes of solving a particular conflict you were having or what....that was what i was trying to get at...what is it...what is the problem and what do you need to understand in order to resolve it.

also...enfps and entps aren't that different and neither are infps and enfps...there should be enough similarities i would think to get to a point of understanding if you really wanted to.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and...i thought entps liked to fight! haha

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fuck a duck man, you wanna fight? I'll give you a fight!!!!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
and...i thought entps liked to fight! haha

INTJs like to fight, ENTPs only like to win.

Fi genuinely cares for the process.
Ti only cares for the outcome winning.

Let's dance!

051105KB073rtpx141.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oooooh...i did not know that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
not trying to fight with you...only meant to point out that further clarification was needed. i couldn't tell if you were just sorta sticking your tongue out at us...or asking a question in hopes of solving a particular conflict you were having or what....that was what i was trying to get at...what is it...what is the problem and what do you need to understand in order to resolve it.

also...enfps and entps aren't that different and neither are infps and enfps...there should be enough similarities i would think to get to a point of understanding if you really wanted to.

I am never sticking my tongue out on people, I've grown to understand with age that there is always a reason why people are like they are and knowing that makes it easier to cope with strong emotions. it's not about controlling them, it's about "I have something better to do". That's almost a religious attitude but dont tell those guys, otherwise they'll come and try to make me one of their sect :D.

I wanted to start the thread with a small teaser, something to motivate people to reply and then have it go on about different topics developing on the fly. Goal was to get something to know about enfps, but not to insult them. One thing I have learnt, you definitly dont like to riddle over things like a Ti user would, you have more of this badass say what you mean or shutup attitude of NTJs. Next time I'll try to respect that. I thought maybe enfps would like a thread about themselves, cause I always like mthreads about me :) (ohoh entp honesty again, you may even learn a thing today Jim).

If you want to tell me something more about the ideas made earlier in the posts go on. I really need to stop procrastinating the learning for my exam tomorrow now :). So cu l8r

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All I know is I think ENFPs tend to be pretty happy about who and what they are, no matter how hard it is to be one.

Not to kick the hornet's nest or anything, but what's so hard about being an ENFP?

Hey dont kill the messenger, I am just reading the forums, Te this Te that.

This made me giggle.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Entropie, the curiosity and thread are much appreciated but you're right, we don't like to muck about..we like to get to the core of this kind of shit as we don't enjoy misunderstandings, especially not when it comes to our own behavior. So..what is it exactly you'd like to know? Why Te is important to us? Why we find ourselves tlaking about it so much? Why it shows up in us in the most unusual ways? What exactly are you curious about? Remember, we tend to be eager to please,especially if someone takes the effort, a genuine effort to want to understand us (not probe us and use our words against us, mind you), so chances are, if you ask a direct and honest question, you'll get a straight forward answer :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am never sticking my tongue out on people, I've grown to understand with age that there is always a reason why people are like they are and knowing that makes it easier to cope with strong emotions. it's not about controlling them, it's about "I have something better to do". That's almost a religious attitude but dont tell those guys, otherwise they'll come and try to make me one of their sect :D.

I wanted to start the thread with a small teaser, something to motivate people to reply and then have it go on about different topics developing on the fly. Goal was to get something to know about enfps, but not to insult them. One thing I have learnt, you definitly dont like to riddle over things like a Ti user would, you have more of this badass say what you mean or shutup attitude of NTJs. Next time I'll try to respect that. I thought maybe enfps would like a thread about themselves, cause I always like mthreads about me :) (ohoh entp honesty again, you may even learn a thing today Jim).

If you want to tell me something more about the ideas made earlier in the posts go on. I really need to stop procrastinating the learning for my exam tomorrow now :). So cu l8r

well okay...i think enfps sort of use their te to put into action or clarify the information they have brought in with ne and deemed worthy with fi...i think you guys use your fe to charm people to stimulate your ti and go nuts with it with ne...or something...that was on fly and most likely pointless...let me try another one...enfps send out ne probes and nibble at it with fi and spit it out if it tastes yuck or use their te to demand to know what it is so that they may decide if they give a shit haha

i've completely lost track of what we were talking about...let me think.

let's see...you want to understand what makes us so different...well fi/ti haha we want to know you at the core. we care mostly about how you feel about something....ehh...nevermind with this schpiel...i'm not saying anything that hasn't been said better before by someone else on this site.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Entropie, the curiosity and thread are much appreciated but you're right, we don't like to muck about..we like to get to the core of this kind of shit as we don't enjoy misunderstandings, especially not when it comes to our own behavior. So..what is it exactly you'd like to know? Why Te is important to us? Why we find ourselves tlaking about it so much? Why it shows up in us in the most unusual ways? What exactly are you curious about? Remember, we tend to be eager to please,especially if someone takes the effort, a genuine effort to want to understand us (not probe us and use our words against us, mind you), so chances are, if you ask a direct and honest question, you'll get a straight forward answer :)

Ditto.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
jibberish...i am fantastic at speaking jibberish!!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've said what I wanted to say, I really dont know nothing about enfps. I have a few stereotypes but they are all negative and I dont want to go by them. I am wondering why the difference between an infp which is my gf and an enfp is apparently huge or if this is just a misperception. I am wondering if they perceive the world in causal possibilities as well and by that achieved a certain life experience they can use by now or if they have a problem to tell others about them at all.

Maybe I'll find out one day
*makes a histrionic leave*

I'll go bug the ISTJs now, they at least dont fight back :)

:laugh:

to try to answer your actual wondering... i think it depends a lot on the individuals. but on the whole i think that the major difference is that ENFPs are more motivated by ideas than values/ethics. it's very similar to the ENTP/INTP difference, really (i have both ENTPs & INTPs in the family, so i'm saying this from firsthand observation). in general i think ENxPs care less than INxPs that things are ideal because by sacrificing some perfection we can gain a broader scope of ideas and more leeway to experiment. an ENFP will cut Fi corners for the sake of curiosity, whereas an INFP will reign Ne in for the sake of maintaining their values. so as a result ENFPs are more dynamic, more exploratory, less considerate, less idealistic.

I doubt this is true regarding T. ESFJs for example are called to be good hosts and that they like to be like that. Hosting requires them to be good managers and there is no emphasis on their T, since they dont feel stressed out when hosting.

but that's because hosting is completely a Fe thing - mobilization of people and maintenance of interaction. Fe can totally take care of that. T isn't really needed at all.

how can i explain... well, the way i conceptualize the Judging functions is as "prioritizing". all Judging functions place things in hierarchies of what is most important. the T functions rank things by logical sequence, while the F functions rank things by personal significance. then the I/E attitudes designate where the ranking is applied to. Te ranks external things by logical sequence, and Fe ranks external things by personal sequence. they're really quite similar, i think. an ENFJ friend of mine is an excellent delegator and group leader, for example. they both are good at manipulating external things, including tasks, objects, and people. the question is not what they manipulate, but how. Te can direct people very well by organizing them in logical groupings, and Fe can do the same by organizing them for interpersonally significant groupings.

so then we have their partners, Ti (ranks internal things by logic) and Fi (ranks internal things by personal significance) - with the caveat that "internal" really means "internal" to any system, not just internal to oneself. so an ENFP with Fi can get a sense of the internal wellbeing (or poor health) of a group, but we don't have any means of organizing that group without a Je function, so that's where Te comes in. essentially no one can organize their external environment without a Je function. which is why you and i are both Ps, and Pe-doms - we don't tend to actively organize our external environment, we tend to "flow" with it instead, and seek internal structure (Ti/Fi). but we still both need Je if we are to deal with situations like delegation, where we need to manipulate external things. and that's why ESFJs can easily host without summoning T at all - because Fe is already structuring their external environment for them. and ENTPs can rely on their internal sense of logic to organize things - it will just be based on an ideal inner system, instead of piecing together an external system like Te. but since Ti works logically, it can organize. whereas an ENFP trying to organize things via Fi... wow, i don't even know what would happen. i think nothing would happen. we probably just wouldn't care.

maybe that's what i've been getting at. Fi doesn't always care about the things that Ti gives you a sense of logical ordering for, and that's why we need T. but an ESFJ doesn't need T because they already have a means of organizing the external. and an INFP doesn't need it because INFP's main goal isn't to get things from the external world, it's to organize the inner world, and so they summon Si for support instead of an external function.

oh wow, that took me a long time to get here. i hope you haven't gotten tired of reading this rambling. my final conclusion is this:

so ENFPs seek, first and foremost, engagement with the external environment of concepts and ideas. Fi gives us a sense of what we care about, and how things "should" be, but it does not really help us actively reorganize our external environment, which we need to do sometimes to make engaging with the external environment easier for us. so that's why Te is so important. i was wrong... it's important both because it's T and because it's Je. it could be Fe, but then we would have a very hard time detaching from situations and we would get hurt even more easily than we already do. it could be Ti, but then we'd have conflict between Ti and Fi. so Te serves the double functions of (a) protecting us, because it is T and allows us to detach, and (b) arming us with a way to manipulate the environment, because it is Je and prioritizes the external.

I was basically not doubting the ability of an enfp to put things down with Te, but I was wondering why they talk about it so often. It appears that there is always a lot of disarray in an enfps life and that Te is the one way to get things structured.

mm, perhaps so. i don't really see the world as disarray much, but i am admittedly a more organized variety of ENFP. i think the problem is that if we are looking at a picture like this:

Tiger-Swallowtail-Butterfly.jpg

Ne + Fi thought is more like:

colorful_butterfly_painting_multi_postcard-p239706863672181336qibm_400.jpg

while Ne + Ti is more like:

butterfly-die-wing2.gif

and you are seeing the lack of logical organization. but it is not so uncomfortable, when you're inside our skin.

I was wondering if it wasnt a good idea to stabilize the disarray to such a great extent that Te management wouldnt even be necessary. the intresting question here is, why is their so much disarray, if there is ? Do you get what I mean ?

yeah. i don't think there is, really... i think it's just that we don't always care about logical things very much. like i was saying before about Fi... Fi doesn't always really care. and because Ne comes first, the drive to explore is most important... so we tend to run ahead exploring and making sure we are intrapersonally aware, and logic sort of lingers in the background. like, oh hey, maybe i should clean up, this clutter is kind of getting in the way. but if we were like you were suggesting... if we "stabilized"... aka were able to organize logically internally... well, we would be ENTPs, wouldn't we :)

are you asking us to become ENTPs? ;)

I am not good with remembering specific words as well, I was more thinking of the key morales. But since I had to train the concept of moralit myself I think I am in no position to ask this question.

ohh hm. i'm not totally sure i understand what you are referring to! haha sorry.

Yes, I was overall hoping for a richer controversial discussion but at least someone ( you ) said something :) Thank you

yeah! well i think your questions are interesting. :yes:

i have to agree with what lady x and LL have asked though... what is it exactly that you are asking? i think we are looking at 2 different pictures again... lol... you're asking something about the diagram picture and we're looking at the painting and not seeing...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think we are looking at 2 different pictures again... lol... you're asking something about the diagram picture and we're looking at the painting and not seeing...

ha that's awesome. i think you're right.