User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    And of course INTJs love our extreme moralist dialogues.

EricB has some superb summaries of the relief and trickster/PoLR effects.
    What is PoLR? Links to Eric's posts, by chance? (I have been hiding from the forum lately, but do enjoy his thoughts greatly)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    What is PoLR? Links to Eric's posts, by chance? (I have been hiding from the forum lately, but do enjoy his thoughts greatly)
    For PoLR, see trickster here : LINK and wikisocion.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post

You of all people I counted on !! Shame on you, I am gonna tell the city administration they shall raise the taxes for teachers .
    But....but....but....you *can* count on me. I think you rock!!! <3 But I think it would be bettaaaaa if you clarified what you wanted to know before we go all Ne-Te on your ass and tell you things you don't give a rat's ass about. Bahahahahaa. ;D
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    its an misconception about jungian typology, basically about not understanding these two concepts work:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon
    Abstraction
    A form of mental activity by which a conscious content is freed from its association with irrelevant elements, similar to the process of differentiation. (Compare empathy.)

"Abstraction is an activity pertaining to the psychological functions in general. There is an abstract thinking, just as there is abstract feeling, sensation, and intuition. Abstract thinking singles out the rational, logical qualities of a given content from its intellectually irrelevant components. Abstract feeling does the same with a content characterized by its feeling-values . . . . Abstract sensation would be aesthetic as opposed to sensuous sensation, and abstract intuition would be symbolic as opposed to fantastic intuition.["Definitions," CW 6, par. 678.]"

Jung related abstraction to introversion (analogous to empathy and extraversion).

"I visualize the process of abstraction as a withdrawal of libido from the object, as a backflow of value from the object into a subjective, abstract content. For me, therefore, abstraction amounts to an energic devaluation of the object. In other words, abstraction is an introverting movement of libido.[Ibid., par. 679.]"

To the extent that its purpose is to break the object’s hold on the subject, abstraction is an attempt to rise above the primitive state of participation mystique.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon
    Empathy
    An introjection of the object, based on the unconscious projection of subjective contents. (Compare identification.)

"Empathy presupposes a subjective attitude of confidence, or trustfulness towards the object. It is a readiness to meet the object halfway, a subjective assimilation that brings about a good understanding between subject and object, or at least simulates it. ["The Type Problem in Aesthetics," CW 6, par. 489.]"

In contrast to abstraction, associated with introversion, empathy corresponds to the attitude of extraversion.

"The man with the empathetic attitude finds himself . . . in a world that needs his subjective feeling to give it life and soul. He animates it with himself. [ Ibid., par. 492.]"
    i suggest learning about jung and forgetting these typological heathen theories
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    But....but....but....you *can* count on me. I think you rock!!! <3 But I think it would be bettaaaaa if you clarified what you wanted to know before we go all Ne-Te on your ass and tell you things you don't give a rat's ass about. Bahahahahaa. ;D
    agreed...i think you rock too haha i've always liked you...i don't always get your posts...like i've said now for years! haha but you seem like a genuinely cool person.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Yes, ENFPs have a complex made out of Tellurium and we aren't telling you the secret knock to get in so there.

This might or might not be the place where we transform into our secret identities, I'm not at liberty to say.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I love my Tertiary Te. It gives me the power to cut people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I love my Tertiary Te. It gives me the power to cut people.
    You inherently had that power all along...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You're right, maybe I've been an Se dom all along.

Argh! I have a sword, and I'm not afraid to use it. *straightens pirate hat and attempts to look convicing*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Let's not box each other in, unless we are excluding entropie from the Te complex....