User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    well sure, but ENTPs have Ti aux. it's not Te that's important, it's T at all. but we'd drown in introversion if we had both Ti and Fi.
    I doubt this is true regarding T. ESFJs for example are called to be good hosts and that they like to be like that. Hosting requires them to be good managers and there is no emphasis on their T, since they dont feel stressed out when hosting.

sure. but it's like an INTJ wielding Fi led by Te, or any other type leading their tert with their aux - it's dangerous because their tert isn't well developed, and their aux isn't even that well developed either. the blind leading the blind, if you will. think of an ENTP wielding messy Fe led by Ti - not pretty.

and sometimes we really have to use Te, or we'd be so bogged down in emotion that we'd never get anything done, and we'd never be able to move on from things. Fi is good, but sometimes it's a lot to handle - i often think of it like a wild horse, and it needs to be reined in sometimes. paying too much attention to Fi hurts us as much as not paying enough attention to Fi. Te helps organize all the crap Ne brings in, as well. Fi organizes internally but we need Te to give the world back something coherent. it's also rare that i think i've used very strong Te without attending to Fi. it's usually a last-ditch thing - like yelling at someone because they're hurting you so much emotionally you just can't take it anymore.

i think in general it's called our "relief" function for a reason, lol - it really does relieve us when the weight of the world gets too heavy. also, ENFPs tend to talk about themselves a lot in general, especially the things we find great and unusual about ourselves, so i'm not really surprised we talk about it

as for being pawns, lol - most ENFPs can tell you they can damn well hold their own - and one of the reasons we tend to like INTJs is because INTJs recognize that about us, even though they tease us. i seem to remember some study saying ENFPs are - aha - "Ranked 1st of all 16 types in using social and emotional coping resources and 2nd in using cognitive resources". we're pretty resilient, generally.
    I was basically not doubting the ability of an enfp to put things down with Te, but I was wondering why they talk about it so often. It appears that there is always a lot of disarray in an enfps life and that Te is the one way to get things structured. I was wondering if it wasnt a good idea to stabilize the disarray to such a great extent that Te management wouldnt even be necessary. the intresting question here is, why is their so much disarray, if there is ? Do you get what I mean ?

so THAT'S what this is about
    Not initially, but if it makes the intjs feel better, the beer is on me .

well that's not really the ENFP's problem, though, is it? that you have trouble answering their questions and don't like thinking about yourself? i mean, they probably think they're helping you. my INTP dad once said to me, "i don't really care that much about being 'happy'" - it was like to me. he cares about mental engagement, music, good food, etc, but he doesn't think of it in the same emotional terms i do. i was super concerned about figuring out how to help him be "happy" but he already was content. i didn't know others thought like that. if an ENFP asks what you felt, just say you're not great with emotions and tell them what you think. i mean, we're pretty easygoing, as far as wanting specifics - most ENFPs aren't going to care if you really answer a question exactly as it was worded. i'm sure they'll be interested to hear your thoughts about a situation.
    No it isnt the enfps problem it's mine. I think I can understand your Dad, as for the rest, I've read it and understood it.

ah. the rephrasing is probably because we understand things in big "concepts", instead of specific words. what you'll find, though, is the changing words will always be anchored around a coherent idea. if you don't know what they're trying to say, ask what's most important about what they're saying, and they'll give you the "essence" of what they're talking about. to me it's very frustrating when people want me to remember exact specific words... i have no memory for that... and each single word can have so many different meanings! so does it matter if i scramble the words a bit, as long as i have the central concept? i do not think it usually does...
    I am not good with remembering specific words as well, I was more thinking of the key morales. But since I had to train the concept of moralit myself I think I am in no position to ask this question.

i hope that helps give explanations to what you are thinking?
    Yes, I was overall hoping for a richer controversial discussion but at least someone ( you ) said something Thank you
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    long post
    see....you did very well elaborating on that.

i'm not quite sure i got it tho...i heard that you feel like if they were such badass te users you'd have an easier time with them both personally and professionally but since we use our ne to probe you emotionally an area in which you are very uncomfortable. you'd prefer we'd leave you alone? the bit at work i don't get fully either...their rephrasing makes you distrust their competence?? maybe realize that we ne brainstorm out loud? maybe try to understand that we very often hear several ways to interpret one thing so we may often rephrase things more than once so that you're not misinterpreting it??

so...that's what i hear....and i still don't understand what you want.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    see....you did very well elaborating on that.

i'm not quite sure i got it tho...i heard that you feel like if they were such badass te users you'd have an easier time with them both personally and professionally but since we use our ne to probe you emotionally an area in which you are very uncomfortable. you'd prefer we'd leave you alone? the bit at work i don't get fully either...their rephrasing makes you distrust their competence?? maybe realize that we ne brainstorm out loud? maybe try to understand that we very often hear several ways to interpret one thing so we may often rephrase things more than once so that you're not misinterpreting it??

so...that's what i hear....and i still don't understand what you want.
    You talk about having the quality to understand people emotionally or to brainstorm ideas, yet you are promoting the exact opposite behaviour.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

*Te/Si junkie*
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Banned

Well developed is such jibberish. I just laugh and laugh and laugh.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Well developed is such jibberish. I just laugh and laugh and laugh.
    Didn't say I was well developed. Just said I was a junkayyyyyyyy
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You talk about having the quality to understand people emotionally or to brainstorm ideas, yet you are promoting the exact opposite behaviour.
    excuse the fuck out of me...first there is a bit of a language issue...second...i do not believe i'm the only one who heard your words but did not hear the objective...i heard a question...why do we talk about our te use. well simple answer is that we're scientist of behavior. it's fucking fascinating to us...and we see patterns of behavior and we find them interesting and enjoy discussing it and adding more info to the mix.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's basically the same with entps. You ask them a factual question or tell them an observation you've made about themselves and they react as if you want to abduct their children. It's an intresting EP attitude and I dont know what to make of it. It's a hinderance in the long run and can make you lonely on the inside.

If its different for enfps, ok, then I leave you alone

MBTI
    xNFP

Huh? I'm confused? What just happened here?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

no really...the only reason i began discussing it with you is because i wanted to understand more...i heard lil droplets of potentially interesting things...so i was looking closer...but still...nothing i can relate to and if you're not capable of expanding further than i'm afraid this particular enfp will be of no help.
    -Jim Morrison