• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Am I truly ENFP?

BlueCountry

MBTI Type
ENFP
I typically test as ENFP, but a few times I have tested as ENTP. I feel very comfortable around women, which I understand is a very ENFP trait, but when in a discussion with them I'm quick to point out any logical inadequacies in their reasoning and decision making. I also love to argue, the spirit of debate is exhilarating which is a typical ENTP trait. I absolutely hate mathematics and the sciences with the exception of phycology and philosophy (which Ayn Rand stated was the science of existence), the idea of one definitive answer through a consistent method seems like nothing more then monkey work, once you waste the time to learn it all you're just going through the motions. I like philosophy mainly because a conclusion is reached by creating a hypothesis and then attacking it to find any logical pitfalls and if it withstands that attack from every approach then it can be regarded as true and I can integrate into my values. This sounds very ENFP but I refuse to accept something just because it feels right, it does have to feel right but it also has to be logical. I love the arts in almost all their forms, music, art, theater, and film, I believe that is the true way to express our humanity and primal instinct. It is very emotional, whenever I pick up my guitar to play I try to tap into some primeval source that humans have repressed in the name of "society", while at the same time integrating my formal music training as a means to melody not an end. I can be very sympathetic but I will give someone a good kick in the ass when they need it, or are just being melodramatic. The main question is, from this personal statement of mine would you say that I am ENFP or ENTP?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, you sure have the Ne-rambling down. Question, when dealing with people, do you prefer to study individuals or groups (and their behavior)?
Btw ENFPs don't necessarily get on with women and often ENTP women due to Fe do, I've found, so you can scratch that off your list.

If someone were to tell you something doesn't 'feel' right to them and therefore they refuse to use the 'logical' solution you gave them for the problem...what would you do?

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actually, I'm still trying to learn the difference of ENFPs and ENTPs.

*awaits fo Vala Faye's post* :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTPs value 'logical' ideas and work them out to great length. They also uphold 'social etiquette', known as Fe around here, and have often a distinct interest in statistics and observing group behavior. They tend to have to 'learn' to appreciate the value of exploring your own feelings and knowing when something 'feels right' as they consider it counterproductive (shuts off the logical side) and self-centered (their Fe compells them to think in 'we'-format). They tend to show interest in others by probing their mind and can get quite frustrated with you if what you're saying doesn't make sense to them (hence their frustration with the answer 'I dunno, it just doesn't *feel* right). They can be mentally quite invasive in their search for the Truth especially if they believe you hold an answer they aren't privy to.

ENFPs value 'moral' ideas and go through great lengths to deepen them out and see all he shades of grey inbetween (moral dilemmas ftw). When they mature, they enjoy getting things done, having things somewhat organized and inspiring others through leading by example. Think Joan of Arc meets head chearleader. ENFPs tend to rebel against social etiquette before learning how to value it (god, someone kill me already with all this small talk), talk in 'I'-mode, as they do not wanna talk for someone else. They're usually very much aware that every individual experiences things in different ways, at least if somewhat mature, as ENFPs often feel like the 'odd one out' in society and don't get why people don't understand them at first (something that many ENFPs actually crave -to be understood-) . They tend to have more of a blindspot when it comes to group behavior, hence the trouble with social etiquette and trouble with fitting in. They consider it rude to trample upon someone's personal freedom, unless that person is harming another and will therefore usually try not to guilttrip others into falling in line (except when Te takes over and wants things done *NOW*). They actually will go dig for who you are and sometimes underestimate how uncomfortable others are with their emotional probing, in their zeal to 'understand' the other and map out their personality (something that tends to be valued if another does that to them as it shows genuine interest to the ENFP).

/rant *hides from the incoming criticism*

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Well I definitely think you hit the ENFP description perfectly. Only helps confirm what I already believed. :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
if the sheer callousness of others makes you cringe most, you're probably ENFP.
if the sheer stupidity of others makes you cringe most, you're probably ENTP.

also:

when pissed, if you belittle and mock, you're probably ENTP.
when pissed, if you command and storm, you're probably ENFP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting...with most the differences are obvious but i still don't know if my ex was entp or enfp and idk i can belittle and mock when i'm pissed too but usually it's when i'm playing...hmm idk everything else seems pretty right on.

also...enfps seem to like exploratory conversation...an exchange of ideas...with very little concern with who is right..not thinking of it as a debate just a discussion and entps seem to be the opposite and approach almost every conversation as if it were a debate...choosing a side from the beginning and getting straight to work on proving that point and disproving yours.

BlueCountry

MBTI Type
ENFP
Based on those descriptions I believe I am more of an ENFP then ENTP, but I do tend to belittle and mock when very angry which is mainly because I personally really want to hurt the other person. Also I do tend to focus more on the individual.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on those descriptions I believe I am more of an ENFP then ENTP, but I do tend to belittle and mock when very angry which is mainly because I personally really want to hurt the other person. Also I do tend to focus more on the individual.

ha yes see...i don't even know i'm doing it at the time but i've been told that i do. i think it's a reaction to someone dismissing my fi rights...like oh my fucking right to think this or feel that isn't as important as your stupid fucking *insert belittling remark*

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ah. i should specify. non-defensive mockery for ENTP.

Tofu562

MBTI Type
ENFP
"heart over brain" I think is what separates ENFPs vs ENTPs.

sculpting

Te-bitchslap. LOL. ENFP.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Te-bitchslap. LOL. ENFP.

Agreed. I think most ENFPs suffer from this defensiveness.

I dont even realizing I'm doing it most of the time. I've had to learn to be extremely careful of what I say sometimes.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ yeah me too. i can be such a bitch when i'm tired, too.

i think Fi sort of fucks us over in that regard. we really know how to say what hurts... so... haha... let pissy Te run off with Fi's knowledge... and get a hurt other person
:doh:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tired= out of patience with everything, including people. Seriously, get the f**** out of my way. Now.

I'm basically too tired and too low on energy to keep raw emotions reigned in, till I can make em palatable for you so consider yourself warned if you decide to wander into my pathway.

And things had better start cooperating as well or prepare to get slammed! Te ftw!! :azdaja:

In short: bitch-mode.

The morning after: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

I so hate that mode :doh:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

god i know right :doh:

haha i had a little episode at work the other day... a client was being such a bastard, basically trying to get me in trouble and accusing me of all this stuff because he wanted to get money back... i knew i couldn't go all-out Te on him, it being a professional workplace and all, so i turned to the doorslam method... eventually i just snapped up, grabbed my papers, and walked away from him... he was left calling at me to come back... lmao...

i was pretty proud of myself for not making too much of a scene :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ah. i should specify. non-defensive mockery for ENTP.

oh yes...in that case. it's fitting haha although...i think enfps joke around with others by mocking and belittling...a bit...sometimes...just teasing style tho

A

Anew Leaf

Tired= out of patience with everything, including people. Seriously, get the f**** out of my way. Now.

I'm basically too tired and too low on energy to keep raw emotions reigned in, till I can make em palatable for you so consider yourself warned if you decide to wander into my pathway.

And things had better start cooperating as well or prepare to get slammed! Te ftw!! :azdaja:

In short: bitch-mode.

I can relate to this as well.

PMS/Period + Fatigue/Stress + Emotions Bouncing Everywhere = GO AWAY.