• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs having hypothetical conversations in our own heads

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is called an Active Inner Population. I don't know that it's specific to type.

But many introverts, who aren't as quick on the verbal comeback, will ponder for hours what they "should have said" (or done). This may involve recreating the conversation in imagination using events that are more pleasing to the individual introvert.

5s and 9s are supposedly the "what if?" kind of people, I'm sure other types do it too though (4s?). Wondering what they should have said is a "what if?" excercise, no?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
5s and 9s are supposedly the "what if?" kind of people, I'm sure other types do it too though (4s?). Wondering what they should have said is a "what if?" excercise, no?

What about Sixes? "What if he is lying? What if there's something sinister going on? What if we run out of produce? What if this is a ruse? What if she forgets to lock the doors?"

m2Vu9.gif

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have a tendency to imagine having entire conversations with people I know. For a long time I thought it was some strange phenomenon unique to me, but a few days ago, one of my other INFP friends admitted to something similar. Now I'm beginning to wonder if it's a common occurrence for INFPs (or perhaps other types) to do this. It does seem like a very INFP thing to do.

does anyone else do this, or have any insight on it?

I spend a lot of time doing this.