User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    I have a tendency to imagine having entire conversations with people I know. For a long time I thought it was some strange phenomenon unique to me, but a few days ago, one of my other INFP friends admitted to something similar. Now I'm beginning to wonder if it's a common occurrence for INFPs (or perhaps other types) to do this. It does seem like a very INFP thing to do.

does anyone else do this, or have any insight on it?
    I do these all the time

It is probably because I'm bad at actually talking

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I do it a lot too. I think it's quite common in introverts, maybe INxx types in particular.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

As much fun as this sounds, I don't do this. The most I do is playout a conversation from different angles so I have my bases covered. They don't start animating themselves in my head.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think most people do this. I've caught my ISFJ mom talking to herself (mouthing words, not outloud), and it seemed it was a hypothetical conversation.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

All the time. Sometimes I will sit there staring out the window conversing in my head for hours on end - I find it extremely entertaining. I had one that lasted about an hour this morning about the Christchurch earthquake(s) but wasn't imagining I talking to anyone in particular.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think most people do this. I've caught my ISFJ mom talking to herself (mouthing words, not outloud), and it seemed it was a hypothetical conversation.
    Yeah? My ISFJ mom seriously thought I needed to see the doctor about that. She went through a period in which she kept worriedly asking, "Are you with us?" whenever she caught me off imagining something. She doesn't seem to do it at all.

Judging by the reactions I've gotten throughout my life, most people either don't do it or don't do it nearly as often as I do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Yeah? My ISFJ mom seriously thought I needed to see the doctor about that. She went through a period in which she kept worriedly asking, "Are you with us?" whenever she caught me off imagining something. She doesn't seem to do it at all.

Judging by the reactions I've gotten throughout my life, most people either don't do it or don't do it nearly as often as I do.
    It's my impression that my ISFJ's mom's conversations are often revised past conversations; sort of what she wished she would have said. And some are likely conversations she'd like to have, but probably won't. Basically, hers are more grounded in realistic situations & usually involve real people. Nonetheless, they are imaginary conversations.

I admit that I have conversations with people who don't exist regarding matters that are not real, and this might be more typical of INxx types.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFP

I do this all the time. Like, ALL THE TIME. I don't think this is an INFP thing...I think it's more of an "N" thing (less focus on the real world/real people and moe focus on the Imaginationland in my head)

MBTI
    INtP

I am always doing this. Conversations are never over for me. Plus I never have to disagree wtih myself which keeps me on track, if i am ever really on track.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

This usually happens at work, when things are so quiet. (They often are since I work with extreme introverts)
    It only happens when I recall an embarrassing situation and I dwell on it and feel as I did at that time.

I mostly have conversations out loud, though when I'm alone. A scenario of how I should handle future confrontations.
    The mirror helps a lot and I'm usually standing there having a full on argument with whoever I imagine in the mirror,
    then I practice jabbing the mirror. I never do this around anyone, ever. I've never trusted anyone enough to do that.

The funny facial expressions also happen in front of the mirror thinking about making my friends laugh.

( i have huge eyes and a goofy face and I need to learn more, how to make my friends laugh when they're sad)

I think I might need a good example of the conversations in head, then I can possibly remember if this happens to me.
    I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.-
    Albert Einstein