• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Let's all say mean things about ENFJs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFJ's don't exist, they are all other types with an identity crisis.

uncommonentity

ENFJ's don't exist, they are all other types with an identity crisis.

I find that they can never make up their minds about people and are slightly paranoid to the extent they'll be your bff one month and then totally vaporize your existence the next. It leaves you never quite knowing where you stand with an ENFJ. Their relationships with INTJ's are a constantly resetting mechanism. Not to mention if you do build up the courage to ask them if they're pissed at you or not they'll either tell the truth, throw a pissy fit, or lie to you for the sake of saving face because they've got that whole 'I want to be perceived as being the nicest person on planet earth' complex when you just want them to be real with you. I really love getting ENFJ's mad or drunk. It's the only time I tend get the truth and it's usually all "I FUCKIN' LOVE YOU INTJ".

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It makes for a good show ;)

I kinda have an issue with Fe when it goes into mommy-mode. It kinda feels like being a 5-yaer old again:

ENFP: *presents ENFJ with something silly and fun, not meant in any serious way, inviting to come and play as well*
ENFJ: 'Aww, that's a very pretty [insert silly fun thing] *pats head*
ENFP: :wtf: :angry:

:doh:

I'm also wondering what is going throug the FJ's mind when they do the whole...I guess, placating thing? *curious*
I tend to do Mommy mode to my INFP, and sometimes others, but it's more playful and sarcastic. For me, it's because I may not be able to immediately react to the silliness in the same way, so I patronize(?) a little before I can jump in and swim around the crazy-pool.

As per.. placating.. assuming you mean how we're all "Harmony haaarmoooony". I think it's a matter of liking order, and then liking emotional/people order.
For me, it's both a matter of being selfless and selfish. I want harmony between people, their emotions, and the situation. It's mainly because I prefer people to be calm, especially when they are capable. The selfish part is due to how it may harsh my own mellow, and I find enfj may consider themselves such an extent of internal 'AHHHMOTHERLAND' that if we can keep it contained, so can others.

Interesting you mention it, because I literally posted two messages to two different people on facebooks in the past hour:
"You sir must find something to zen out with :nods: Have you tried to find healthy activities/outlets that can mellow you out? I'd say start there first before jumping to meds, but that's just personal opinion. Also, apologize to them if you haven't already ;). :hug:"
and
"All of you boys should take up yoga or something lol. Feel less roar and rage"

It's true. ENFJ's can get any man they fancy. However never the god they actually want.
:laugh: We talk about this all of the time, but you know it's typically because we don't know of the want consciously, or we can fail to believe in its potential.
As you've just said now- paranoid lol

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol...do you ever do it coz you don't know what else to say and don't wanna show them that you find their silliness just annoying/stupid? Coz that's how it feels. It feels like you're placating me in order to have your precious harmony, so I'll feel acknowledged and fall in line to be quiet and not have me be hurt over the fact that you a) didn't wanna play b) think it's a stupid game anyways.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I really love getting ENFJ's mad or drunk. It's the only time I tend get the truth and it's all "I FUCKIN' LOVE YOU INTJ".
This makes me wonder why I've never gotten shitfaced and talked with you. I wonder wth I'd say :rofl1:. This is definitely a future experiment, and must happen.
Lol...do you ever do it coz you don't know what else to say and don't wanna show them that you find their silliness just annoying/stupid? Coz that's how it feels. It feels like you're placating me in order to have your precious harmony, so I'll feel acknowledged and fall in line to be quiet and not have me be hurt over the fact that you a) didn't wanna play b) think it's a stupid game anyways.
Mm sometimes. In those cases, it's more so not knowing what to say and finding the silliness too extreme for the moment. In emoticons.. some people just handle ":dry:" better and others handle ":yes:" better lol. We just seem to be inherently ":yes:" whereas others would be more inherently ":dry:"
Have you ever asked the ENFJs/FJs who've done it to you their reasoning behind it? We're like rabbits sometimes.. if we sense certain emotional movement we'll be very "o.o :sniffs air: o.o" and do the harmony thing, but if there's a mellow approach, we may chill out and give a real answer.
Oddly enough, I've found that myself and my INFP are never on the same silly page at the same time. I think it has happened once, maybe. Once we were literally a minute apart in our silly-switch.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
slightly paranoid to the extent they'll be your bff one month and then totally vaporize your existence the next. It leaves you never quite knowing where you stand with an ENFJ. [...] Not to mention if you do build up the courage to ask them if they're pissed at you or not they'll either tell the truth, throw a pissy fit, or lie to you for the sake of saving face

well i was going to come in the thread and say something silly but actually this all here is basically true.

ENFJs hide within themselves too much, that's what i think. come out, come out, of your Ni holes and your Fe walls. come let me see you and like you :hug:

Talking to them for prolonged periods often makes me feel like this => :offtobed:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFJs always try to touch me in bad places :(

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJ's suck at not being completely awesome.

G

Glycerine

The last few posts made me think of this:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUqCv_1kGzM"]:)[/YOUTUBE]

uncommonentity

They get really mad if you defy their set of rules and sometimes their rules are hypocritical.
Too emotionally frail once they let you in and they're insecure in areas they really shouldn't be insecure in.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My sister has this irritating way of trying to get everyone to behave the way she wants, like she's gently nagging Kindergarteners. She's capable of getting on my nerves from 3,000 miles away with her ever-so-gentle persistent PC facebook status "suggestions" and guilt trips.

Also, my ISTJ works with a horribly invasive, chipper, pushy, "helpful" self-promoting ENFJ who he insists wants to throw him under a bus.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFJs have cruel tongues but great bums.

Status
Not open for further replies.