User Tag List

View Poll Results: Best type for INFJ? (INFJ only)

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTP

2 4.00%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

1 2.00%
  • ISTJ

1 2.00%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

1 2.00%
  • ENTJ

1 2.00%
  • ENTP

6 12.00%
  • INTJ

5 10.00%
  • INTP

6 12.00%
  • ENFJ

7 14.00%
  • ENFP

10 20.00%
  • INFJ

6 12.00%
  • INFP

4 8.00%
123 Last

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Question Best type for INFJs

Yes. I've seen many sites claiming either ENTP or INFP (or at times ENFP) as the most compatible type. Though I would like to hear from INJFs specifically.

Please choose only one type which you find as the most compatible and why.

Other types are more than welcome to join the discussion, except for voting.

Edit: Please state "voted" if you have done so! )
    Last edited by Crescent Fresh; 07-04-2011 at 06:40 AM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm with an INFP, so I'm going to hold my vote because I'm biased

I can totally imagine the NTP attraction, though. I think it also depends on what you need from a relationship. It's like a different color, if you will. Can't objectively say red is better than blue. It's a matter of preference
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i voted for entp. seems most achievable and likely to work well for me (tho i'm a male 5w4 sx/sp infj).

seems like less miscommunication, and potentially a more practically successful relationship, and more balanced between assertive and passive problem-solving and advancement than enfps for me. in other words, i think it just becomes clear much much quicker that there could be very strong chemistry, and the process at this point seems like it works much better (but that may also be because the expectations and communication align more easily so there's less confusion and wrong signals). with enfps i feel like it's more mysterious and almost random (difficult to predict) whereas entp-infj just has that immediate, feels like home, transparent sense. enfps replace this feeling of sense with emotional connection so the shared acceptance and emotional energy is great. enfps probably have been more archetypally idealized to me, and i think that has to do also, tho, with wanting emotional grounding and emotional connection/vulnerability in a relationship (because it's a difficult thing to find and share with someone and runs counter to most gender expectations). with that said, i LIKE them both equally, i think, on the whole, and conversations with the enps of both types i know are pretty much my favorite thing ever. tho i'm still not sure if 7s work out for me over time (and i think i also like 4w5 infps quite a bit too and would be very open to that).

Don't know the best type for INFJs. IME though, I tend to click with xNTPs like legos.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Btw I'm not trying to stereotype the types but to get a general consensus from TypeC INFJs members, that's all!

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Voted
    I'm married to an ENTP. I just recently found out my type and coaxed my husband to do a test too. I used to call him "My champion" funnily enough prior to knowing his "type"...
    I love his warmth, positivity and him taking action so readily. It's a relief to me that his interaction takes some of the social pressures off me but that he also takes time away from being social. He sometimes pushes me out of my comfort zone, but in a good way. He also supports me in my endeavors. And he's hot too. I love the fact he HAS VALUES. He has depth of feeling and is caring and just...good.
    The negatives are that we both are awful at taking care of the mundane day to day things like taxes and insurances and...I don't even know...sock ironing. And sometimes we both overextend for other people to the point it creates some strain between us. We can also mutually reinforce a negative view we sometimes have of people when either of use feels taken advantage of by someone.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

This is kind of a generic question, but I would say, generalizing broadly, probably ENFPs, INFPs, ENFJs, other INFJs (I guess that's all the NF types)...ENTPs...Maybe ESTP if you can get past the shallow shadow thing and make a relationship of it...I also really like ISFPs and ISFJs, I've found.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

NF's and NF's together = soul mates

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I won't vote, because I can't choose just one. However, I'm very drawn to ENTPs, INFJs, ENFJs, ENFPs, INTJs and ENTJs. Other types don't hold my interest.

Beyond those mentioned, I think it comes down to individuality for me.
    Last edited by lane777; 08-03-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I have read INTP's, INFJ's, ENTP's or ESTP's are the best.... (which is nice, as this increases the likelihood of my finding a soulmate)

So far, I have fallen in love with an INTP and an INFJ... but had a hard time realizing how much they meant to me, until they were gone. My relationships seem to go down in the whole Gone with the WInd sort of way... and I never realize how much I love my men until they are gone