• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Best type for INFJs

Best type for INFJ? (INFJ only)

• ESTP

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • ISTJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ENTJ

• ENTP

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • INTP

• ENFJ

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I find ENFJ's attractive and like soulmates and INFP's intoxicating. But for some reason, other INFJ's fall right in the "brother" category. Great friends, but feel just like a brother, with no physical chemistry at all.

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Well jeez, now I feel like voting just because NF's tend to be who I'm least drawn to, romantically. ;)

Yeah, I really like NF's because they are alot like me.... but NT's are opposite in all the right places :D It's good to have someone around to rationalize with me when I'm being overly emotional... and to make a joke in a very abstract (and meaningful to me) way that perfectly gets me back on track.

I have dated every kind of rational, except an ENTP... my favorite so far has been my INTP boyfriend

Good luck with your new relationship! :)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The lightning chemistry I experience is typically with ENTPs, whereas the slow, inevitable, magnetic train-wreck attraction is with INTPs.

I ref00se to ch00se.

lane777

nevermore
I didn't really answer the OP's question. I usually have more chemistry with my opposite (a.k.a. natural partner), the ENTP or ENFP, but their natural weaknesses offend me more than those in other types. For that reason, I know that kind of relationship would hurt more and not be as stable as other matches. I think my best match would probably be the ENFJ, INTJ, INFJ or ENTJ; the attraction is there despite how similar we are in a lot of ways. And those similarities would make the relationship work easier.

Opposites are the most fun, but more difficult to maintain long term unless both partners are mature and selfless.

Last edited:

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
My husband actually turned out to be ENFP upon closer examination. I have skewed the scientific result...
;D

Anaita

MBTI Type
INFJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
Like many others, I think there isn't likely a perfect type.

When I was younger I was very often attracted to ENFPs, and I still find this type attractive and enjoy spending time with them. Experience has taught me, however, that I'm unlikely to be able to sustain a long term healthy romantic relationship with an ENFP.

The best relationships I've had have been with NTs. I had a fun, though marginally doomed, romance with an INTJ. We'd both gotten out of horrible relationships prior to meeting and that definitely colored our ability to proceed healthily in ours.

I have many wonderful friendships with INTPs, and the person I'm dating at the moment is an INTP.

Probably the most titillating non-romantic friendships I have are with ENTPs.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I didn't vote because it's hard for me to choose just one type. From past experience, the best matches so far have been ENTP and ENTJ. Also, the shared understanding with ENFJs and INFJs is AMAZING. However, I'm not sure I could handle that much Fe in a long-term relationship. An ENFP guy was interested in me but he seemed a bit too flaky for my taste. An ESTP could work but I think it depends a lot on the individual ESTP. I felt an undeniable attraction to the ESTP I dated but found it hard to communicate with him at times.

pineapple_thorns

MBTI Type
INFJ
Voted.

I'm gonna be very biased and say INTJ. This is purely because I'm currently getting along with one incredibly well. He's my alter ego. :)

CyberPhunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh, I've always found myself drawn to ENTPs. That being said, my closest friend is an INTP, and my ex wife was an ESTJ. ;-)