User Tag List

View Poll Results: Best type for INFJ? (INFJ only)

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTP

2 4.00%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

1 2.00%
  • ISTJ

1 2.00%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

1 2.00%
  • ENTJ

1 2.00%
  • ENTP

6 12.00%
  • INTJ

5 10.00%
  • INTP

6 12.00%
  • ENFJ

7 14.00%
  • ENFP

10 20.00%
  • INFJ

6 12.00%
  • INFP

4 8.00%
First 1234 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I voted for ISFJ, to be controversial. Although, I'm really not sure. I do like ISFJs.

I don't actually think I've had the opportunity to become attracted to many N guys, though I think think there have been a couple of ENTPs - or, I'd say one definite ENTP and a probable INTP. I don't think I've ever dated or even crushed on an NF guy, but I think they're relatively few in number. Unless my ex was an INFP, but I think he was probably ISFP.

Unfortunately, I think I've run up against a lot of xSTJs who just did not get me. Though if they made the effort (and I did too, of course) I think ISTJ could work. Not so sure about ESTJ.

I feel like I have to qualify everything, but here's a stab at best types:

ISFJ - if they had a sense of fun and tolerance of my flights of fancy, love of poetry etc
    ISTJ - much the same as above and sufficiently emotionally aware
    ENTP - if they weren't arrogant and flighty, which I have to say I think is a problem for this type
    ENFP - if they weren't flirty and flighty, which I have to say I think is a problem for this type
    INTP - if sufficiently emotionally aware and not too oblivious
    ENTJ - if not too harsh or domineering
    ESTP - if extremely mature, but I don't know...it would be challenging...
    ENFJ - sounds pretty great actually but they're not supposed to be the best match for INFJ...argh!

I DON'T KNOW!!! Honestly, I would rather just meet someone who I'm attracted to, the feeling is mutual, and we seem good for each other, then figure out their type, and work with what we've got
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ

I voted ENFJ, because my best relationships not only romantically but friend wise have been with ENFJs.

I cant stand to be around ENTPs or ENTPs or INFPs for too long after a while they really grate my nerves.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Wow... interesting... if God said to me "I will make you a man in an personality type you desire... just so you can stop looking" or something... :P I would probably request a *ntp.... but he would have to make me samples of the extroverted rational perceiver and the introverted one.... just so I could make a final decision....

The INFJ I fell in love with was great, but, we were both feelers, and while when the emotions were good, they were GREAT, when they were bad, they were very painful.... :/

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It's hard to say about the whole T/F thing. To me that's almost the biggest sticking point - I have very strong Fe and any MBTI tests I take, my F is always consistently very very strong (E/I, S/N and J/P can waver a bit or are close splits).

It sometimes seems as though a lot of guys are overly emo Fs, or emotionally blind Ts!!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

All my relationships have been with NF's of some type, though I only knew about myers-briggs for the last one. Of all of them, ENFP was probably the most compatible. Now if only they weren't so damn flighty.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I have been in relationships with an ESTP, ENFP, ENFJ, and now INTJ .

I'm not going to vote, even though my relationship with the INTJ has been the most rewarding and without question, best one to date. I also can't objectively say an INTJ is the 'best type' for an INFJ.. because that's simply not true. I don't think there IS a 'best type' for a particular type; it falls on the two individuals' preferences. Although..I do think there are a handful of types that are much 'easier' for us for different reasons, and another handful that will be a lot more difficult with much less commonality to work with.

IF I weren't already involved with someone, the types I could see working well for me and what I'm wanting out of a relationship (for different reasons) are: INTJ, ENTP, ENFP, INTP, ENTJ. *Maybe* ENFJ... but a less feelery, balanced one where we didn't fall into the mutually-counseling-and-mostly-platonic-dynamic. Maybe ISTP.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Out of 16 votes so far, 11 votes goes to NF types.

Interesting.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    Out of 16 votes so far, 11 votes goes to NF types.

Interesting.
    Well jeez, now I feel like voting just because NF's tend to be who I'm least drawn to, romantically.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Well jeez, now I feel like voting just because NF's tend to be who I'm least drawn to, romantically.

Lately, I'm curious to learn about NT or SP types. Though I still couldn't tell ENFP adn ENTP apart, I think it's worth a try!

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    LOL. +1 I've had quite a few NF guy friends, and they tend to get friend-zoned almost immediately.

@ the op: while I think there is something to be said for the NTP/NFJ dynamic- or the Ni dom/Ne dom one- overall I'm not sure I can really see one type or another being best for most INFJs.
    Last edited by Z Buck McFate; 08-03-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari