User Tag List

First 12

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Internal restructuring. I do a lot of it. I kinda think when you are a bit down, you are kinda off line, adapting, creating new sub routines, and when you find one that works, that's it, you are back on line.
    I've been called extremely resilient. (I guess it's the truth). I usually over come obstacles. Some devastating things. Meh, it's just as well I appreciate the small things in life.
    I love when things get reframed! Clouds become sunshine, and rainbows appear.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i woke up one day. and it just made sense.
    and i got over it.

this happens often.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

So it seems like such extraordinary power is quite common among xNFPs. I wonder what ENFJs also share such mystical power?

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    I was thinking about this on a drive. I wonder if there's isn't a P vs J difference in resiliency. I have a hard time ever really feeling that I've hit bottom. I don't register that sort of thing absolutely, like there's some cardinal point 0,0 of being A-OK. Instead I feel more like a vector in some sort of space without finite boundaries with speed and direction going up or down. It's probably a lot easier to cope with difficult situations from that perspective.
    I do think that being Pe dominant (or even aux) vs. Pi dominant has a lot to do with it. There's a reason Pe doms tend to be enneatype 7 and Pi doms... aren't. Enthusiasm just comes more easily when your attention/perception is primarily directed towards noticing new external opportunities.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think P's have less of an urge to "interrogate" everything that happens to them, like "Why did it have to happen this way??" or "Why couldn't things be different?" They're more accepting that there'll be good times & bad times, so they don't feel as much need to "get to the bottom" of what bad stuff they go through in order to control the flow of life... Obviously that can be good or bad. The best P's are like wizards who learn to balance themselves so they never spin out of control & aren't constantly yoyo-ing between high & low, yet can still feel all the particular emotions brought up by the infinite magical situations of life.

Back to homework... 7th cup of coffee today
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

e4s i think run lower more generally, so they have less threshold to maintain faith.

to me it's just about acceptance. and balancing your assumptions so that they can promote smart emotional reasoning. otherwise you can end up with a constant let go debt that just piles up too fast to process.

i don't know if it's just nf types, one of my favorite books, the gay science by nietzsche is about this very same thing. the basic idea tho is to get back to acceptance. so many aspects of this all fit together, but the feeling of lightness, of ascending you get from just feeling it again, it's just awesome. i've been getting this feeling of acceptance more frequently and it's been preventing me from bottoming out or from my various mood swings and rhythms from preventing me from being who i want to be and doing what i want to do. each type i have the feeling of acceptance just catch my attention and wash over me and draw me back into myself, i can't help but feel like i am grateful for my opportunities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Internal restructuring. I do a lot of it. I kinda think when you are a bit down, you are kinda off line, adapting, creating new sub routines, and when you find one that works, that's it, you are back on line.
    I've been called extremely resilient. (I guess it's the truth). I usually over come obstacles. Some devastating things. Meh, it's just as well I appreciate the small things in life.
    I love when things get reframed! Clouds become sunshine, and rainbows appear.
    I like that phrasing. I think it highlights how NFs (or at least NFPs) do lift themselves up simply through thinking it out.

I think for a Fi+Ne type, there's a re-evaluative process accompanied by mentally puzzling out possible solutions to whatever the perceived problem is. Something can't bring you down so much when you decide it's not so important to your happiness and/or when you're working towards creative solutions. I think Ne thinking does well when backed into a corner. It's the kind of challenge it thrives on.

I imagine Ni types do a perspective shift of some kind. I imagine it might be harder to redefine what is important with Fe though, unless it's seeking out those with different values to form a new consensus. I think they do tend to look for more feedback on what is important, whereas a Ne type will seek feedback on different avenues they are exploring as possible solutions.

I'm pretty resilient also, and I think it's the ability to carve out some kind of hope in any situation; idealism is tough to kill. As a 4 though, the trap to avoid is romanticizing misery.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP

I usually need others to help cheer me up BUT sometimes just uplifting music can change my perspective and attitude--"YEAH I CAN DO THIS!"
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss