MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Default How to piss an idealist off

How to Piss AN Idealist Off. =P

As an idealist, I've got to say that one of the worst, hands-down WORST things that another type can do to me, is stomp on my dreams or passions

I don't see this happen all that much, beacuse I don't generally get too involved with people like this. And I'm not talking about a nice, heatlhy, reality slap that might be needed from time to time. I'm talking about passionless, debbie-downers that are never open to possibilites, that feel the need to point out every weak-link and bad thing that can go wrong, or how your idea is just "never going to work" no matter how much you try to inspire them. You know the type.. when they enter a room you can hear Trent Reznor or Radio Head playing in the back ground "every day is exactly the same" ... meh.

Maybe they think they are protecting me from myself.. from falling on my face.. to which I wan't to reply "Thankyou, but I've had 25 yrs dealing with ideas that don't pan out. I've developed more bounce than Shakira's backside, so save it."

Yep, this mentality must be the absolute worst for me to work with. It's probably and Ne thing too. Hurt my feelings? Bah- I can suck it up and bounce back.. but try to take my passions, hopes, and possibilites from me.. you are an evil, evil purple pie man.

Question: What is the worst thing another type can do to you? (You know, beyond human injustice, murder, abuse, etc.) I am curious what really hits a nerve with other ENFP's, and all NF's for that matter.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Wow, that is so funny.. just after posting this I saw the Trent Reznor thread on the index. And BTW, I love Reznor and Radio Head.. truly.. I just can't listen to them all the time without wanting to off myself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Hm... probably try to tell me what to do, or act like I don't know what I'm doing or talking about when I do. Especially when it's something I know I've done well, only in a way ungraspable to their mode of perception. Yet some people just assume they know better. That irks me. I usually can take half the blame though since I do everything partly unconsciously, often directionlessly, & I hate making a show of my knowledge / ability so the particular reason I did something a certain way is invisible to the outside observer.

gotta typo in your thread title BTW

Anew Leaf

Question: What is the worst thing another type can do to you? (You know, beyond human injustice, murder, abuse, etc.) I am curious what really hits a nerve with other ENFP's, and all NF's for that matter.
    Day to day things:
    1- Betray my trust.
    2- "The stomp on my passions" thing you mentioned.
    3- Not let me be me or accept me for who I am. (You don't have to like me.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    (You don't have to like me.)
    "But you will respect me!

wanna know why??

... Cuz I'm a bAWss!!"

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSgp-IIgr4I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSgp-IIgr4I[/YOUTUBE]

Banned

When they tell you what their dream is to 'make' bring them said item back from the stationary cupboard in the office.

Point out how much time they have now saved because someone has did it already.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Day to day things:
    1- Betray my trust.
    2- "The stomp on my passions" thing you mentioned.
    Oh ya, I'd say trust is probably next to the stomping on my dreams deal. Infact, I had a fellow ENFP friend betray my trust a few months ago. We went to Vegas.. and it was suppose to be a "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" thang.. sure enough.. he told just about all of our aquaintances within 2 weeks of being back. The next time I saw him.. we took a nice little ride where I informed him that he is no longer in my "circle of trust" and as a punishment, he hasn't been invited to the last few gatherings. I think he's learned to not exploit my crazy adventures to draw attention to himself again.

Hope you don't mind this challenge but I'd say as long as someone shows they "like" you and it's mutual, idealists will take a lot of grief.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Hope you don't mind this challenge but I'd say as long as someone shows they "like" you and it's mutual, idealists will take a lot of grief.
    I don't mind the challenge. I am just not sure I get what you mean exactly, could you please reframe?

I don't mind the challenge. I am just not sure I get what you mean exactly, could you please reframe?
    Say an idealist likes someone romantically. Do they morph towards their romantic interest?