User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 79

  1. #41
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    I usually feel upset (I think pissed is such a strong word) when people always making wrong quick judgements of me, without any serious attempt trying to get to know me first.

    I'm also not really good at making a great first impression as I'm quite reserved, shy, and also having a cold exterior certainly doesn't help either. I just didn't really hate it when people make a blatant judgement on some one just based on a few conversations here and there.

    Actually, I do judge a person based on what they say both in public and private, but I would keep collecting those cues inwardly without expressing them outwardly, especially if the judgement can be seen as somewhat negative.


    Oh, another thing which can really upset me is when people who you thought they are important to you are not there for you when needed. I think most INFJs really cherish people who they are very close to, as that immediately implied that a massive amount of trust and patience has been invested in the relationship. I'm not sure if it has to do with how INFJs set their pars too high for others, but once we started dropping the signs of seeking reassurance from people, we are really desperate. And it can be really upsetting when these people can be around you.

    I suppose being a counselor can be such a lone journey when there's no other counselors to assist us in return.
    Yeah #4- being taken for granted.
    #5- people who expect you to conform to their needs with zero desire to conform to yours.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Sa weet! They fixed my thread title without me asking. Must have been INCREDIBLY annoying.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  3. #43
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,472

    Default

    Being stonewalled. That makes me angry. Say "No!", say that you need to think, you need time, you need space, but say something. Silence makes me feel like you think of me as an object and not a person.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    I tend to run into ^--- "stonewalled" in my close relations with introverted thinkers. Not saying it's exclusive to them, but wow this is a hard one for me. First, I think that acknowledgment should just go without saying, being a respectful or decent reaction. Even if that is "I don't know what to say" like you mentioned. But it is sooo frusterating for me to understand "needing time to process" thoughts and feelings. It's just so foreign to the way I roll. All my thoughts & feelings are right at the forefront.. ask me whats on my mind or how I'm feeling and BAM- it's out my mouth. I sometimes bloviate outloud before I reach the key points.. but still. How can you not know how you think or what you feel? I wanted to start a thread topic on this alone.. in hopes someone might articulate what is going on in the mind with this.

    Ofcourse, this is with what I perceive as simple communiation. I completely understand needing time to process on big decisions. Otherwise, I just don't get it...
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  5. #45
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I tend to run into ^--- "stonewalled" in my close relations with introverted thinkers. Not saying it's exclusive to them, but wow this is a hard one for me. First, I think that acknowledgment should just go without saying, being a respectful or decent reaction. Even if that is "I don't know what to say" like you mentioned. But it is sooo frusterating for me to understand "needing time to process" thoughts and feelings. It's just so foreign to the way I roll. All my thoughts & feelings are right at the forefront.. ask me whats on my mind or how I'm feeling and BAM- it's out my mouth. I sometimes bloviate outloud before I reach the key points.. but still. How can you not know how you think or what you feel? I wanted to start a thread topic on this alone.. in hopes someone might articulate what is going on in the mind with this.

    Ofcourse, this is with what I perceive as simple communiation. I completely understand needing time to process on big decisions. Otherwise, I just don't get it...
    Exactly. This was a major factor in my past relationships ending. There was a lot that I had to learn about the situation with the ISxJ but she never managed to meet me halfway on this one, and any progress on her part felt like pulling teeth on my part.

  6. #46
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I tend to run into ^--- "stonewalled" in my close relations with introverted thinkers. Not saying it's exclusive to them, but wow this is a hard one for me. First, I think that acknowledgment should just go without saying, being a respectful or decent reaction. Even if that is "I don't know what to say" like you mentioned. But it is sooo frusterating for me to understand "needing time to process" thoughts and feelings. It's just so foreign to the way I roll. All my thoughts & feelings are right at the forefront.. ask me whats on my mind or how I'm feeling and BAM- it's out my mouth. I sometimes bloviate outloud before I reach the key points.. but still. How can you not know how you think or what you feel? I wanted to start a thread topic on this alone.. in hopes someone might articulate what is going on in the mind with this.

    Ofcourse, this is with what I perceive as simple communiation. I completely understand needing time to process on big decisions. Otherwise, I just don't get it...
    *coughs delicately* Hi, Enfp....

  7. #47
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    You piss off an idealist by killing cats, bunnies, and bears for fur.

  8. #48
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    You piss off an idealist by killing cats, bunnies, and bears for fur.
    Before you go on your killing spree, I could use some help with my bike. It's making this WEIRD noise... and the chain keeps catching... and I just don't understand these things.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Before you go on your killing spree, I could use some help with my bike. It's making this WEIRD noise... and the chain keeps catching... and I just don't understand these things.
    Yes yes, but before he helps you with that Saturned, I wanted to ask him what types of motorcycles are best for women (if any) and where I might purchase one of those long, metal-ish objects used to pound things... I think they call it a hamurd or something....

    =P

    lol
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  10. #50
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Yes yes, but before he helps you with that Saturned, I wanted to ask him what types of motorcycles are best for women (if any) and where I might purchase one of those long, metal-ish objects used to pound things... I think they call it a hamurd or something....

    =P

    lol
    shhhhhh, I haz plan lak an INTJ! I waits until he bend over... WAY OVER... then I bop him on the head... drag him to the corner and inject him with my special "INFP" gene splicer cocktail. He will wake up needing a hug and to be fed some cheesecake. Might have a headache but that too shall pass.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] How to spot an ENFP a mile off
    By LostInNerSpace in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 05:23 PM
  2. [ENFJ] How to spot an ENFJ a mile off
    By LostInNerSpace in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 08-10-2017, 12:26 AM
  3. [ISFP] How to make an ISFP fall in L-O-V-E
    By CzeCze in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 03:31 PM
  4. [INTP] How to Keep an INTP Man Happy
    By FFF in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 03:53 AM
  5. [MBTItm] How to spot an ESFJ? Or is it ESTJ? Or is it E___?
    By CzeCze in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO