User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Have I pissed any idealists off yet or do I need to start talking about how useless donating to charity is
    No. I know deep inside them lurks a heart yearning for love and hugs and perhaps a kitten or two.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    No. I know deep inside their lurks a heart yearning for love and hugs and perhaps a kitten or two.
    Caught out apparently, I should return to my pre-retirement level of rudeness then.

If you aren't providing satisfactory windup material for the NFs to indulge in then you are doing it wrong.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I only donate to charities after doing alot of research, so the charity kick wouldn't do it for this NF.

You've got to think large scale fi/fe violation. Like kicking a puppy, or calling a disabled person "cripply", or claiming that starving ethiopian children is all a hoax since they have swollen bellies.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

violaine

@ OP: Pick on someone vulnerable right in front of me or hurt someone I care about. It's a sure-fire way to make me really angry. I don't really like it about myself, it's almost like I can summon more care on behalf of others than for myself.

Several large steps down from that, people who talk about themselves almost exclusively in terms of how great they are really annoy me too. Caveat: There are some people who are genuinely amazing, and I'm all for them talking about themselves. It's the ones who have glaring flaws but boost themselves above others that make me *roll eyes hard*. I can't be around someone like that because I know I will end up being really snide and getting into it with them. ( Oh god, and add into the mix those people who seem to believe everything the "super-human" is saying and I'm just done for. )

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    ...or calling a disabled person "cripply"...
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Banned

I only donate to charities after doing alot of research, so the charity kick wouldn't do it for this NF.

You've got to think large scale fi/fe violation. Like kicking a puppy, or calling a disabled person "cripply", or claiming that starving ethiopian children is all a hoax since they have swollen bellies.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8535189.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Ethiopia famine aid 'spent on weapons'
    Millions of dollars in Western aid for victims of the Ethiopian famine of 1984-85 was siphoned off by rebels to buy weapons, a BBC investigation finds.

Former rebel leaders told the BBC that they posed as merchants in meetings with charity workers to get aid money.
    They used the cash to fund attempts to overthrow the government of the time.

One rebel leader estimated $95m (£63m) - from Western governments and charities - was channelled into the rebel fight.
    The fungibility of readies *gasp*

I've discovered in life that just as myself, being a chronic INTJ requires significant independence to destress and to keep myself centered, including whatever bizarre activities are indulged in at this time, NFPs seem to require a nice big space to get fired up and to let it out and if they can share it with you and realise that you don't hate them for it and it's okay (hell, making me the target is also fine, I'm not one to get offended) then they leave happier once you've popped that pressure relief valve of bottled up angry especially if no-one dies or falls out as a consequence.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Giving me no win-win options, or no room to create my own......the whole "either/or" scenario which has some major drawback to each option, or which requires screwing one party over. It's in my nature to want to find the win-win, and when denied, I can get frustrated & pissy.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Caught out apparently, I should return to my pre-retirement level of rudeness then.

If you aren't providing satisfactory windup material for the NFs to indulge in then you are doing it wrong.
    It's ok. I shall keep your secret safe inside my NF heart. *locks secret into vault*. Every time you make a sarcastic comment, I shall know that that is simply your way of saying "I am hugging you with words."

Ginkgo

The lesser evil.

MBTI
    INTP

"cripply" ? :yim_rolling_on_the_

Wait, that was a joke, right? I hope. Cuz it was funny.
    "It's never enough." The Cure