User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 55

  1. #41
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    ^ entps are good at reading the intentions behind actions. Yes entps are good at reading people but better at reading intentions. Which is the reason why entps are good at being 2 steps ahead of others. Not so good at reading how people feel though. But do have social etiquettes way better than other xxTP types.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Sizzling Berry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    ^ entps are good at reading the intentions behind actions. Yes entps are good at reading people but better at reading intentions. Which is the reason why entps are good at being 2 steps ahead of others. Not so good at reading how people feel though. But do have social etiquettes way better than other xxTP types.
    So here's a thought. Maybe there is no one type that can read people best. Maybe certain types can read certain aspects of people best. Hmmm...
    Hot-hearted head

  3. #43
    nevermore lane777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    635

    Default

    I imagine HSP's would excel at this. I read body language well, however it's effortless for me to determine the effect a cause has on people emotionally. Basically putting myself in anothers shoes and hypothesizing how some happening will make them feel, often times able to predict a reaction through this. The simulation I'm capable of projecting seems actualized ... so much that it nearly convinces me I'm empathizing when I'm only sympathizing. That's not to say that I always come up with an accurate estimation of anothers emotions, but the process does come naturally to me. I'm guessing INFJ's may be best at this because we frequently fit the profile of the HSP... although I think it's prevelant in any F type really.

    While any type can learn to put themselves in anothers shoes, if you're a robot, it won't do much good
    Last edited by lane777; 07-16-2011 at 11:42 PM.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

    INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

  4. #44
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    ENFJs tend to be pretty good at reading people. We can be pretty vocal about it too, even with complete strangers.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  5. #45
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    Alice Miller, in Drama of the Gifted Child states that people who become counselors often do so because they have developed exceptional skills at reading people from having to deny their own feeling as a child in deference to the emotional needs of a parent.
    Therefore, I don’t think reading people is type related. It's related to early life experience. Type is a secondary consideration at best. Type may be influenced by early life experience.

  6. #46
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Reading people is largely a natural human ability. I think a lot of the variation in skill at it comes from the fact that some people simply pay more attention than others. There was a 'Fives and Body Language' thread recently in the enneagram section, and a couple people mentioned that even though they were a naturally detached type, they were good at reading people when they paid attention. I relate to that as well. I'm often oblivious to people's moods just because I get lost in my head and don't pay attention to them, but when I do zero in it's not hard at all to pick up on their state of mind.

    It's got to be influenced by both type and individual life experiences, as well as who you're trying to read and how close you are to that person. I also agree with those who've said that different types might pick up on different information. Also, some types might feel them more strongly and/or be compelled to do something about them more than others.

  7. #47
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    ENFJs are good at reading most types, with the exception that they usually suck at reading TJs. I'd say overall they are the best though. ENFP would be a close second (I can't speak for all ENFPs, but I'm pretty good at reading most types except INFJs and TPs). ESPs are good at reading Ss, but they tend to suck at reading Ns. actually, I've only met one S in my life who was good at reading Ns, seems there are more Ns who can read Ss than vice versa, though I don't claim to be one of them.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #48
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    ENFJs tend to be pretty good at reading people. We can be pretty vocal about it too, even with complete strangers.
    is that an NF thing as a whole? I've freaked a lot of people out by getting deep into their psyche in a short amount of time and I've heard similar stories from many NFs
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #49
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    is that an NF thing as a whole? I've freaked a lot of people out by getting deep into their psyche in a short amount of time and I've heard similar stories from many NFs
    Maybe so, since we are all about Feelings Schmeelings LOL! I dunno though, I don't think I have any ENFP friends IRL, which is weird! You guys seem like fun peeps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    ^ entps are good at reading the intentions behind actions. Yes entps are good at reading people but better at reading intentions. Which is the reason why entps are good at being 2 steps ahead of others. Not so good at reading how people feel though. But do have social etiquettes way better than other xxTP types.
    I totally agree with what you say about ENTP's being good at reading the intentions behind peoples actions. This is true of the ENTP's I know anyway.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  10. #50
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    is that an NF thing as a whole? I've freaked a lot of people out by getting deep into their psyche in a short amount of time and I've heard similar stories from many NFs
    Maybe so, since we are all about Feelings Schmeelings LOL! I dunno though, I don't think I have any ENFP friends IRL, which is weird! You guys seem like fun peeps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    ^ entps are good at reading the intentions behind actions. Yes entps are good at reading people but better at reading intentions. Which is the reason why entps are good at being 2 steps ahead of others. Not so good at reading how people feel though. But do have social etiquettes way better than other xxTP types.
    I totally agree with what you say about ENTP's being good at reading the intentions behind peoples actions. This is true of the ENTP's I know anyway.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What type is the most judgmental of other people?
    By highlander in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 08:35 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Which type is the best at reading people?
    By finalcount in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 01:25 PM
  3. No more " What type is the..." threads
    By Thursday in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 03:37 PM
  4. What type flirts the best?
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 03:42 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO