User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenAutumn View Post
    I've learned over the years that men aren't as good at reading people as woman. I'm not saying all men can't read people, but it just seems to be a skill that's generally stronger in woman.

I've also learned that very, very few people are good at reading me. I'm scarily skilled at hiding my emotions.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I stepped into an elevator a few months ago and a man I had never seen before said to me (within seconds of seeing me): "You look nervous." I was nervous. "Do I?" I asked, not really wanting to confirm or deny at first. Then I said, "Well...I'm always nervous about something." And he said, "Don't be, you'll be fine." Then he got off the elevator and disappeared.

I just really wonder what type he is because he's got some mad skills to be able to read me (Miss heart under her sleeve) within a matter of seconds. The only other person who I've ever met that was that good at reading me was a previous boss I had. I didn't like her and I never confided in her and yet she would accuse me of thinking or feelings things as if I had openly expressed them, and she was usually right! uncanny. What type are these two random master readers? They are rare indeed.
    1. ENFJ.
    2. INTJ.

Ginkgo

How about we find someone good at reading people to determine who's good at reading people? Derp.

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

In terms of emotions, probably NFs. An INFP's Fi enables them to empathize with and understand what lies inside a person, identifying what lies beneath one's body language and actions and searching for authenticity, both in others and self, whilst an ENFJ tries to identify the mood of the group to then idenitfy what the whole truly needs need via their introverted intuition (this also could be true for ESFJs, but with auxilary usgae of Si).

INFJ and ENFP, although tend to focus more on disclosing patterns and underlying meanings to conventional perception, INFJ living primarily through creating their own sense of reality they constantly reconstruct and modify to then just "know" the answers to moral questions beneath all the mist, and ENFP focusing on external patterns and changes to they relate to others in theirselves.

However, I do think other types can be quite adept for this as well, as ISFP could identify people's hidden motives and relate to what they haven't expressed based on what they display externally, same being said for most Se users. NTs generally seem to focus more on logical truths and underlying symbols in rationality, nonetheless, while Si users focus on collecting concrete information from the past and present to then decide what course of action to think and extraverted thinkers organize reality for efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastarr View Post
    In terms of emotions, probably NFs. An INFP's Fi enables them to empathize with and understand what lies inside a person, identifying what lies beneath one's body language and actions and searching for authenticity, both in others and self, whilst an ENFJ tries to identify the mood of the group to then idenitfy what the whole truly needs need via their introverted intuition (this also could be true for ESFJs, but with auxilary usgae of Si).

INFJ and ENFP, although tend to focus more on disclosing patterns and underlying meanings to conventional perception, INFJ living primarily through creating their own sense of reality they constantly reconstruct and modify to then just "know" the answers to moral questions beneath all the mist, and ENFP focusing on external patterns and changes to they relate to others in theirselves.

However, I do think other types can be quite adept for this as well, as ISFP could identify people's hidden motives and relate to what they haven't expressed based on what they display externally, same being said for most Se users. NTs generally seem to focus more on logical truths and underlying symbols in rationality, nonetheless, while Si users focus on collecting concrete information from the past and present to then decide what course of action to think and extraverted thinkers organize reality for efficiency.
    INFP $0.02 ALERT

I don't believe it's not Fi exclusively. Fi makes it easier for me to sympathise with people but not necessarily easier for me to read them, primarily because it's so intensely inward-oriented. If anything, my Ne helps me do that better because it's actually interested in other people. By itself, does it furnish results consistently? Usually not, because using Ne alone is like wielding a paintball gun just for the sake of shooting indiscriminately and flailing with joy at the pretty colours. Sure, you might hit some stuff, but in the heat of the moment, you probably won't take care to notice it.

When tempered by Fi (because Fi is telling me that something is worth further investigation), Ne becomes a little more reliable because at that point, I'm more interested in separating the wheat from the chaff rather than just jumping into the heap of grain and going "WHEE!" So I'll sit down, suss out a few different possibilities, and then get down to sifting the good data from the bad data according to internal Fi monitor, think, process, think ... VOILA! I HAS READING. Took me long enough.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

I used to have this narrow minded notion that all S types sucked at listening but that isn't true. I love opening up to Istjs but it does really depend on the individual and not the type. There are some Istjs who are assholes and reject my feelings immediately.
    I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.-
    Albert Einstein

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I know an INFJ who can just see right through people. Also an ESFJ who could that too at times, but she notices different things than I would...
    I have developed an ability to see into people, but it wasn't something I was born with. It took soul-searching after a traumatic event that set me on a more intuitive course. I became more aware of patterns in myself, so it becamse easier to see them in others.

I believe that intuition is a skill and that anyone can develop it.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I have to say ENFJ

I consider it one of my greatest gifts in life....
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    I have to say ENFJ

I consider it one of my greatest gifts in life....
    I have an ENFJ friend. She's a natural at reading people's potential to collaborate and how to best approach them (the second one is super good) .

However, I think ENFJs see potential for contact even if chances are very small - and that's the limitation of their reading skills. Or maybe I'm wrong observing it from outside? Maybe you have a warning about danger of a person being a leech, but you still have an urge to get in contact? Sometimes, you seem to nourish a leech for a very long time.
    Hot-hearted head

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzling Berry View Post
    Sometimes, you seem to nourish a leech for a very long time.
    indeed. i've watched an ENFJ friend of mine decide to take someone under her wing and help them and help them, while they didn't change or improve. at least, they didn't improve without her. like, they were improving, but only because she was supporting them. but they'd revert as soon as she was away. i think she did it in part for those people because she found them interesting, but it often annoyed me when she'd cancel plans to run off and help her chosen ones because they'd made yet another bad decision.

i asked her one day why she prioritized them over her other friends, and she said, because they need someone's help. it's not that i like them more, it's that you can take care of yourself just fine, while they are struggling. that was very interesting to me... i don't think that way. i gained new respect for her from then on. still, she does have trouble letting go. she has lots of secret "pet" people, lol...

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ENTP. Clearly. The Ne-Ti-Fe process is particulary efficient as reading people and analyse them without value judgement. Next I'd say ESTP and ENFJ. Other NF read too muck what they hope to read in people.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan