5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Why?
    because i say so
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

ReflecTcelfeR

Hahaha. I think that's funny enough to accept as an answer. Well played.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I see that scenerio being real with both Ne and Se, actually. I just think a Ne user is likely to see greater possibilities from the situation.

Like take me. I'm at an airport, 7:50am flight pushed back to 12pm....Ne's telling me that I can use the time for soooo many other things. Se is more likely to use the time to pursue whatever pops in his head to keep him occupied.
    Is this really Ne vs. Se or just the kind of person you are? If you're a planner who is into time management, yeah you'd start thinking "I could use this time for so many other things." If you're very spontaneous you'd just take advantage of the free time to do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    yes it is
    "what will my friends think?"
    "oh no! was I too mean?"
    "does he hate me?"
    "he probably thinks I'm avoiding him?"
    "is she alright?"
    "what if something horrible happened to him!"
    "will it hurt him if I do this?"
    Fe users say stuff like this all the time. unbalanced FJs are extremely paranoid about people's feelings and well being
    Hmmm...I'm going to have to agree with Iz...Fi users can care about these things too, it's just that Fe users seem more broadly concerned about not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings ever. I can care what my friends think of me or if someone I care about is hurt, et al...the difference with Fe users is that they seem more concerned with overall social harmony, and yes, it can seem excessive to an Fi user I know what you mean, but I wouldn't call it paranoid.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Paranoia would have to be a judging function... Wouldn't it? I mean in order for you to be paranoid you have to believe that these perceptions are true and that means making a judgement. Perception just allows you to choose from a certain gambit of choices.
    The external judging function (Fe/Te) is Paranoia in action, so they work together. You really don't know somebody's crazy until they take some kind of action that solidifies it.

The internal judgement can also play a part as well.

We're talking a good example of why you can't discuss functions in Silos- they work together more often than not.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Is this really Ne vs. Se or just the kind of person you are? If you're a planner who is into time management, yeah you'd start thinking "I could use this time for so many other things." If you're very spontaneous you'd just take advantage of the free time to do something else.
    It's a Si dom's use of Ne....so yeah, the kind of person I am.

I have a loose definition of what I want to get done on any given day. I might even order and prioritize what has to get done, but I can't plan things in tight buckets like SJs are normally painted.

Ne's my second stop in perception. In any given situation my mind is quick to make associations with what I already know and understand (Si). When necessary, Ne comes into play to give me something more to work with when I'm not satisfied with what Si's telling me.

So when I heard that our flight was going to be delayed, My quick initial Si was how this would affect how my day would play out. Upon some reflection, Ne told me that it wasn't the end of the world, and chill, you can still get some stuff accomplished while I'm waiting, either shuffle around what I want to get done, or it introduces some new options.

Hmmm...I'm going to have to agree with Iz...Fi users can care about these things too, it's just that Fe users seem more broadly concerned about not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings ever. I can care what my friends think of me or if someone I care about is hurt, et al...the difference with Fe users is that they seem more concerned with overall social harmony, and yes, it can seem excessive to an Fi user I know what you mean, but I wouldn't call it paranoid.
    Ne's going to pick up the scent, Fi's going to conclude on it, while Fe/Ti will present the conclusion to the audience.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    So I am in a new relationship and everything freaks me out. I don't know how to decipher what's true and what's not, what's real and what's my paranoia. Ne isn't often a problem for me, but now it's generating all these alternative possibilities and scenarios. And I cannot tell if it's my gut instinct or just Ne over-drive trying madly to see ahead so I won't trip and mess myself up again. You know what I mean? I am trying so, so hard not to make the same mistakes and to see the future, but it's not like that's possible. No matter what, can I really be 100% accurate? I'm sure there have been posts about this in the past. I can't quite recall what the general consensus was. I believe Ni also is problematic with paranoia. How do you even begin to trust someone? Or trust what you are seeing and believing when there are many different interpretations, lies, facades...possibilities. I feel like I either can end it (easier) or let myself go and trust again (v. difficult), just let all my fears go but I am stuck in the middle in-between.
    What you are feeling is fear.

It's quite normal at the beginning of a relationship.

Instead of jumping around mentally or physically, calm down, take a breath, and accept it.

Accept it that you may not know everything, that at any second there may be a misunderstanding and a huge fight, that this may not be the one, that your partner may cheat on you, that you may fall madly in love with your SO's sibling or best friend, etc. etc. etc. accept it, deal with it, move on.

You will find you are A LOT calmer and not nearly as anxious once you take this step.

Accept the fear and then just roll with it, then it will no longer have such power over you that causes you to get paranoid.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari