MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

1. Fluffy bunnies
    2. Puppies
    3. Rainbows
    4. Substance abuse
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

When I'm in a funk, and doing some thing fairly constructive helps...it feels like I'm moving forward then, so maybe help him plan some thing, even if it's just talk and shooting the breeze. It might seem kinda lame, but it's like a little patch of blue sky in the horizon, when it's pouring with rain. A bit of hope. Also doing some of those lame ass household chores I always seem to put off for forever helps too, so maybe motivate him to do some thing he's putting off. I personally get so trapped in my head and thoughts, that routine mundane stuff kinda grounds me.
    Big kudos points, might be if you take him to some nature, preferably away from peeps...I like trips to mountains and lakes...some how that kinda fills me back up and balances me. Even the beach or botanic gardens help in a pinch. Having contact with green things is cheering.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anew Leaf

Here is what cheers me up the most: NFP antics with another NFP.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    When I'm in a funk, and doing some thing fairly constructive helps...it feels like I'm moving forward then, so maybe help him plan some thing, even if it's just talk and shooting the breeze. It might seem kinda lame, but it's like a little patch of blue sky in the horizon, when it's pouring with rain. A bit of hope. Also doing some of those lame ass household chores I always seem to put off for forever helps too, so maybe motivate him to do some thing he's putting off. I personally get so trapped in my head and thoughts, that routine mundane stuff kinda grounds me.
    Big kudos points, might be if you take him to some nature, preferably away from peeps...I like trips to mountains and lakes...some how that kinda fills me back up and balances me. Even the beach or botanic gardens help in a pinch. Having contact with green things is cheering.
    Yes, these are good things. It's weird that I always forget about them. Maybe it has something to do with us being so freaking abstract all the time that it is hard to remember that this kind of everyday stuff can help. I think I should really walk in the nature everyday, but I can't get the routine started. Whenever I walk and just watch the nature I don't have to think so much, and even the thoughts that have been running in circles will dissolve. I think the same goes for concrete chores. I don't have to think, I don't need a strategy to clean up the house, I just do it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

- Making it safe for me to talk about it (you're not going to be scared off, write me off as a downer, avoid me afterwards, etc).

- Listening to me vent & NOT offering advice (99% of the time I've thought of 99% of what people have to say myself, and there are good reasons I've ruled it out). Realize that I don't talk about this stuff easily & that what depresses me is not little stuff that is easily solved. I also dislike a bubbly, cheerleader approach as I find it patronizing, and I find a "suck it up" approach dismissive. I prefer when a person is calm & supportive, but not overtly trying to influence me.

- You can point out what is good in my life right now, but not in a way that trivializes my feelings, as if I have no right to be down. Instead, point out the good in a way that emphasizes you just see me as capable of overcoming the bad.

- In line with that last point, I respond better to encouragement than anything. Most of the time, I just need someone to believe in me when I don't. I need to hear that I am capable of getting out of a rut.

- Once I'm done talking, changing the topic/scenery/whatever, because I'm NOT looking to dwell on it. I DO want to move onto a better mood & more positive conversation.

- I agree with whoever said that accomplishing small things helps. If I can't make a major change in my life, then making little improvements where it's possible helps. It might be finally hanging a shelf I've meant to hang or whatever. Suggesting lending me a hand might motivate me and that can be a positive domino affect in other areas of my life.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Ginkgo