Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzling Berry View Post
    Can you imagine a person who functions well intelectually and doesn't handle their emotions well?
    Are you joking?

A lot of people are like that for various reasons. Grief, abuse, trauma, depression, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, asperger's syndrome...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzling Berry View Post
    Can you imagine a person who functions well intelectually and doesn't handle their emotions well?
    Yes, and perfect examples would be those NFs I mentioned. I know several emotionally dysfunctional NTs and SJs as well. An INTP I've known for years has a big issue with power play in relationships and has consequently killed... well, as of now, all of her friendships. She's hella smart and is one of the best conversationalists I've met, however. She's in an Ivy League college on top of that.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm not joking. I'm trying to make a point. This person is hypothetical.

To continue. Can you imagine that different people would interact differently with this person? Say those who talk to them about work projects and those who talk to them about personal issues. Some of them would perceive problems and some wouldn't.
    Hot-hearted head

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I never assumed you were joking.

I think I see what you're getting at (and if I'm not, tell me so). Well, I'm very good friends with about 3 people whom those NFs (they're each others' besties) dissed all the time. I wasn't friends with any of the three before I decided to check 'em out myself. I really didn't see much of the horrible, horrible person the NFs made the three out to be. With the specific claims the NFs made about them, I don't think it would be a matter of perspective.

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    I never assumed you were joking.

I think I see what you're getting at (and if I'm not, tell me so). Well, I'm very good friends with about 3 people whom those NFs (they're each others' besties) dissed all the time. I wasn't friends with any of the three before I decided to check 'em out myself. I really didn't see much of the horrible, horrible person the NFs made the three out to be. With the specific claims the NFs made about them, I don't think it would be a matter of perspective.
    Just don't make the mistake of thinking only NFs like to call people "broken." There's several NTs on this forum alone who seem to love running around calling people "unhealthy" or "psycho" with a really superior attitude.

I too get sick of having to make other people's feelings and human flaws out to be a big deal, I mean I get really sick of it. But maybe that's because I've known truly crazy people.

Sometimes I think when people have led very sheltered lives they're freaked out by much less than they should be.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Just don't make the mistake of thinking only NFs like to call people "broken." There's several NTs on this forum alone who seem to love running around calling people "unhealthy" or "psycho" with a really superior attitude.
    Yes, I understand that.

I too get sick of having to make other people's feelings and human flaws out to be a big deal, I mean I get really sick of it. But maybe that's because I've known truly crazy people.

Sometimes I think when people have led very sheltered lives they're freaked out by much less than they should be.
    "Sheltered" - exactly the word I would use to describe the NFs I've mentioned. I don't think I've met any truly crazy people yet, for the better or worse.

MBTI
    INFP

The answer about joking was to Marmie Dearest's question.

Can you imagine now that those people start to address different matters in different relations? So with some they would joke and laugh and with some they would share their problems? Remember how we talked about paying attention to mixed signals (that may be a small part of it).

Maybe that's part of the clinche here. We are talking about our lifes and we may have slightly different situations. At parties there were people who would come to me from a jolly conversation and start the one with me: "And I have an affair". Eeee...

Maybe the point is that we attract more like brokenness in people. And I would be glad to reduce it. It would be nice to go some to your side of the equation with people.
    Hot-hearted head

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've always kind of liked that people told me things. I think it's just being honest. I don't even think it's "broken" they probably just need someone to talk to, most people do at some point.

On the other hand someone who has constant bullshit directed at you is another matter entirely, and I avoid that entirely.

I used to intentionally seek out people to fix or take care of. Somehow I've reached a point where I know how to talk to people intimately sometimes, and assertively push people away if they're being extremely invasive.

I don't delight in living for other people. I'm nice, but I can't even remember where I got all of that energy to try to fix people before. My boundaries are a lot better now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    maybe those broken people are only intrested in seeing you falling from that high horse
    Hahahaha.

Sometimes I love you Entropie.

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, my post was an answer to you copperfish17.

About your situation - I have no idea. This is for you and people involved to decide. I haven't been there. I can have my hypothesis about it.

I was talking about my situation.

I cannot talk about NF's in general. I can talk about myself. I tend to attract emotional vulnerability in people. And it came to harm me, because there can be issues among vulnerability.
    Hot-hearted head