• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] When your intuition makes you insane

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
Over the years I started noticing behaviors of other people and what they mean.

Often times, people start considering me to be absolutely bat shit with my predictions of what a specific person means and why they act a certain way toward me. I'm excellent at decoding cryptic messages that are about me, made by people that I know in real life, mostly.

This is what happens after a few people consider me insane: They're proven wrong.

When I moved in with my boyfriend and his crazy mother, he never suspected that she was abusive or malicious. Until she attacked me. I first started telling him why some of his family gave me dirty looks at holidays or parties. I wondered why, these people who don't even know me were glaring at me as if I stole the last chicken wing from the table.

I shrugged it off and thought they were just being a crazy judgmental tight knit family. It is kind of hard to find a family who won't be jerks at first, they seem to be very protective often.

No, there was more to it than this. I knew something was going on. Later, I found out that his mother had been complaining about me. Weird, inaccuracy. It was pure utter bullshit. I had stepped into a land mine full of gossiping bored, bitter women. SHIT. My boyfriend found out later and now, he has disowned them all for treating me like horse shit.

It's happening again, only with his dad. For some reason, these people seem to think I'm godzilla, breathing fire and destroying the town. I don't see it. I don't buy it and I hope he is doing a lot of thinking about what I've said. I know when there are people who are close to me, preparing to betray me. This is where my intuition at first, makes me look like a person who needs to be on medication, who needs extensive therapy. Though, my therapist told me I have been victimized too much and that I should start standing up for myself.

The reason I ever get so angry is due to the fact that people assume I'm really stupid and insult my intelligence, to assume I don't even know they're being mean behind my back. I do, oh I do but I'm sneaky and I play dumb to get the truth out of them. Then I can wash my hands of them completely.

I know this should have been posted as a blog entry but I want to know how all of you deal with this, or if this has ever happened to you. Similar situations/stories etc. I would love to hear some of your stories. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The best news I have is that you aint alone. Tho it may feel different you aint alone.
I tend to get heavily drunk and try to forget reality, it's not possible cause you get sober again and then reality comes for you again.
I've found the love of my life who has exactly the same perceptions that I have and that was my savior. Without her I'd be prolly dead by now

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qmxcatpw-s&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This is what happens after a few people consider me insane: They're proven wrong.

HAHAHAHAHA so true.

For me it almost makes up for it sometimes, the satisfaction of knowing you were right even though something terrible's just happened to someone due to their dismissing you as some weirdo. When the truth comes out & people are lying half-dead in pools of their own blood, even if you're down there with them at least you can know that you saw it coming.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dont get used to it, it will take you away from the rest of the world.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Dont get used to it, it will take you away from the rest of the world.

you're right. I always have to check myself when I start to feel that way because I know I've been wrong & misguided about all kinds of stuff before too.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
you're right. I always have to check myself when I start to feel that way because I know I've been wrong & misguided about all kinds of stuff before too.

Yes.

Sometimes I think INFPs are more likely to maintain they're absolutely right because of the inferior Te or something.

You guys need to accept that:

1) Your intuition makes you notice patterns. In that sense, yes, you may see things other people don't. "I see a pattern, and I know what this means." That's probably the biggest way NFPs see things other people don't.

In this sense, in what Meek describes in the OP, she probably is right because she's noticing patterns of behavior. Trust yourself in this instance.

2) Your Ne also gives you a great imagination, meaning you have the ability to bullshit your way through things by filling in gaps and tying things together. This is great for writing fiction or doing literary analysis. It's great for creativity.

But you are not fucking psychic, and sometimes just because you imagine something doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Ne has a "jumping to conclusions" mat, and I just went off on an INFP on this board about that last night, about how the things he says sometimes are so ridiculous and paranoid that it just completely ignores all facts displayed, or worse, doesn't even wait for more information, just presumes the other person is "bad" or saying this or that. I got tired of being the object of his ridiculous assumptions.

I make ridiculous assumptions, too. Usually about boys. :sad:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have the advantage here that my intuition mostly is concentrated on things and not people. When I come to think about the people I have to deal with on a daily basis I become misanthropic and hostile because they hurt me so often and I actually didnt want anything bad nor did I want to hurt them. Its not easy when you are a sensitive nature, sensitive to things or people, to survive, its a struggle but it gets better when you get older, you'll build more confidence in your own judgement and now that you aint insane.

If it is of any help, since I am not the most fluffy guy and cant provide more help, this forum helped me; it gave me a place to rant and has weirdos like me understand me. A home away from home like the Duke would say

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My intuition is usually pretty good and I've learned to give it credibility (sometimes I've picked up on things that everyone else has been refusing to believe), but I've caught myself making mistakes sometimes too -- in situations where I was sure I knew what was going on. Especially if I'm stressed, my intuition can drift into a type of paranoia.

It just taught me that my pattern-sensing ability can be used to guide me through a situation, but I need to constantly be aware of the blind spots I'm leaping over and "testing" them as I go with data and my thinking skills. That way I still am using intuition to move into new seemingly worthwhile terrain, but I've got my guard up so I don't make any huge gaffs.

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
Yes.

Sometimes I think INFPs are more likely to maintain they're absolutely right because of the inferior Te or something.

You guys need to accept that:

1) Your intuition makes you notice patterns. In that sense, yes, you may see things other people don't. "I see a pattern, and I know what this means." That's probably the biggest way NFPs see things other people don't.

In this sense, in what Meek describes in the OP, she probably is right because she's noticing patterns of behavior. Trust yourself in this instance.

2) Your Ne also gives you a great imagination, meaning you have the ability to bullshit your way through things by filling in gaps and tying things together. This is great for writing fiction or doing literary analysis. It's great for creativity.

But you are not fucking psychic, and sometimes just because you imagine something doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Ne has a "jumping to conclusions" mat, and I just went off on an INFP on this board about that last night, about how the things he says sometimes are so ridiculous and paranoid that it just completely ignores all facts displayed, or worse, doesn't even wait for more information, just presumes the other person is "bad" or saying this or that. I got tired of being the object of his ridiculous assumptions.

I make ridiculous assumptions, too. Usually about boys. :sad:

I know I can't see into the future, although sometimes I wish I could.
Let me give you the story of why I think I'm being betrayed.

A person wrote something horrible around a few minutes after I texted their husband asking him for advice.
The thing she wrote mentioned that people need to stop asking for dear abby letters from others and to grow up and
deal with it themselves.

I got pissed because this is not the first time she's done this. Then, her sister wrote "Knock knock pudding head"
immediately after I made a comment on the status. Yes, family members call each other stupid but
how this is played out- I think the status was directed toward me. If not, then I am reeeally fucking paranoid right now.

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
Wait- Retarded and paranoid. Yes.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have the advantage here that my intuition mostly is concentrated on things and not people. When I come to think about the people I have to deal with on a daily basis I become misanthropic and hostile because they hurt me so often and I actually didnt want anything bad nor did I want to hurt them. Its not easy when you are a sensitive nature, sensitive to things or people, to survive, its a struggle but it gets better when you get older, you'll build more confidence in your own judgement and now that you aint insane.

If it is of any help, since I am not the most fluffy guy and cant provide more help, this forum helped me; it gave me a place to rant and has weirdos like me understand me. A home away from home like the Duke would say

I don't know how you think you have an advantage...I've seen NTs come up with ridiculous theories that have nothing to do with real life and insist it's true.

NFs have a gift with being able to notice patterns in human behavior, and it's important, you just need to learn to discern the difference between seeing patterns and being able to make intuitive leaps, and simply thinking you're "psychic" or something like that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have an advantage since I by design give a fuck about people

And advantage means here that I dont have to feel the pain they are causing, since I turned my back on them.

It's no real advantage in this sense, its more an escape

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wait- Retarded and paranoid. Yes.

No not all. I'm pretty sure you're noticing a valid pattern there. Just stay away from them if you don't want to confront them about it.

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
No not all. I'm pretty sure you're noticing a valid pattern there. Just stay away from them if you don't want to confront them about it.

I wish I could confront them. I really do want to but they'll accuse me of being insane. :(

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My intuition is usually pretty good and I've learned to give it credibility (sometimes I've picked up on things that everyone else has been refusing to believe), but I've caught myself making mistakes sometimes too -- in situations where I was sure I knew what was going on. Especially if I'm stressed, my intuition can drift into a type of paranoia.

It just taught me that my pattern-sensing ability can be used to guide me through a situation, but I need to constantly be aware of the blind spots I'm leaping over and "testing" them as I go with data and my thinking skills. That way I still am using intuition to move into new seemingly worthwhile terrain, but I've got my guard up so I don't make any huge gaffs.

Yeah that's why while I ran purely on Ne/Fi (with a little immature Te dictator behavior here and there) as a younger person, I think since I've developed my Te and Si a lot more consciously I'm a much bigger fan of a certain number of facts and data and of comparison to life experience, and even find myself getting annoyed with people who are doing exactly what I did when I was 19.

I used to believe in so much crazy stuff, I honestly though think Si has more to do with what snapped me out of it, rather than Te alone.

I still make those assumptions under stress, like I said, often with boys...like in that context I'm more likely to be stressed or upset about something sort of relationship-oriented, so my intuition isn't working as well.

It's like how they say psychics can see everyone's future except their own. It's because you have too much emotional investment in your own life and your own feelings sometimes to differentiate between a real pattern and simply what you're wanting or fearing the most.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wish I could confront them. I really do want to but they'll accuse me of being insane. :(

Sounds toxic. I just would keep my distance if you know they'll talk to you like that.

I'm aware that those sort of people exist, it's kind of like IRL "trolling." It's a form of social bullying where people are treating you badly but insist you're being silly or overreacting when you point it out.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
maybe if you have an idea how to deal with people as an insane-primary that doesnt involve a chainsaw massacre you can send me a note too.. as long as it isnt binge drinking I am hear to learn

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sounds toxic. I just would keep my distance if you know they'll talk to you like that.

I'm aware that those sort of people exist, it's kind of like IRL "trolling." It's a form of social bullying where people are treating you badly but insist you're being silly or overreacting when you point it out.

Yup. It's actually a form of emotional abuse. Seriously.

When people do really subtle or passive agressive things.. and you try to call them out on it, and it is then turned into a "your crazy" dig. I had never realized that it is emotional abuse until I was working in a womens center for awhile.

I worked with a woman that wanted to go back to work, and her control freak husband didn't want her to. But he also knew he was wrong and didn't want to be truthful about his insecurities, so he would do things like pick fights with her before interviews, hide her keys, all kinds of weird things to distract her or push her confidence down when she'd attempt to better herself. Whenever she would confront him on this hidden agenda he would completely manipulate it to her being crazy, which just added to her already low self-esteem.