• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] When your intuition makes you insane

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm being a little driven insane by it ATM. I'm fairly stressed though, and very paranoid at the moment, but it seems to me, every time I open my mouth every one thinks I'm speaking a different language. It's almost as if I'm being deliberately misunderstood. Sigh, it must be in the air or some thing. It's enough to take to drink, except I don't wanna go down that rabbit hole.
Don't mean to be depressing, but right now, I can really relate.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Caffeine, very little sleep, good mood, alcohol and other similar drugs can make you go insane, intuition can be very clever when used well (just as sensing), and can be insane when used for that purpose (just as sensing can). That's how I see it anyway.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not something you switch on and off. Wouldn't that be great though!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought some of the craziest and most insane people in the world are ISTPs and they are not intuitve.

unityemissions

MBTI Type
INFP
Alright, I'm going to make this simple...what's more likely...the whole family is bat shit...or it's just you?

Seriously, from the way you shaped the OP, it seems it's the family...but I get the impression there's more to the story than you're telling us.

You're hear to get support from the community, and simply want us to back up your notion that you're not to blame...and that you're somehow special...

You're not special, and I'm not buying it. I don't know what you did to freak all these people out, but it was something.

My guess? You're much more manipulative than you realize. You've been doing it for so long you simply aren't aware of it any more. The family noticed it, saw how their guy has been changing, and realizes you're the root of the problem.

G

Glycerine

Alright, I'm going to make this simple...what's more likely...the whole family is bat shit...or it's just you?

Seriously, from the way you shaped the OP, it seems it's the family...but I get the impression there's more to the story than you're telling us.

You're hear to get support from the community, and simply want us to back up your notion that you're not to blame...and that you're somehow special...

You're not special, and I'm not buying it. I don't know what you did to freak all these people out, but it was something.

My guess? You're much more manipulative than you realize. You've been doing it for so long you simply aren't aware of it any more. The family noticed it, saw how their guy has been changing, and realizes you're the root of the problem.
She got banned.... or else she would have chewed you out for saying that. :peepwall:

unityemissions

MBTI Type
INFP
Go figure!

no reason to hide

i don't bite . . . to the point that blood gushes out profusely!!

:hi:

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Or whatever she said could be true. For over 20 years, my mom has faced such treatment (and worse) at the hands of her in-laws. My brother, sister and I even witnessed this a few times, but could never say/do anything about it because we were kids - we were never allowed to interfere in adult conversations. Even now, after all these years, our paternal grandparents and aunts are still the same. They still spread all sorts of disgusting lies and rumors against our mom, along with directly abusing her emotionally, and we can never forgive them for it.

Another thing to note is, my mom is in no way manipulative - she's the kindest, most generous and most straightforward person I've ever known, and I love her very much. To me, she's the sun. She raised us triplets mostly on her own (Dad was mostly in the background, though he's now taking an active role in helping us with our college studies).

When I can understand this much (even despite my age and inexperience with relationships as a young adult), how can you not understand what that woman must have gone through with her bf's family?

unityemissions

MBTI Type
INFP
When I can understand this much (even despite my age and inexperience with relationships as a young adult), how can you not understand what that woman must have gone through with her bf's family?

Must have? Fail #1. I don't believe her.

So you have this experience and can relate, yet I don't..and you ask how I can't understand...Fail #2.

I'm sorry you got wicked family relationships. We're all good on my end.

foreveryoung

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I find that my intuition does its best work when I am more connected to the world. I need to fill my mind first with concrete objects, facts, data, ideas, and the intuition works to fill in the gaps and show me the right direction to go in. If I leave my intuition to run wild, which seems to happen when I am stressed and withdrawn from the world, it starts to take on a life of its own, and the images and ideas it throws at me tend to be tragically blown out of proportion and somewhat morbid, albeit very real. Fortunately I am learning more and more to catch myself and keep myself out of this trap, but it's not always easy and feels unnatural most of the time.

I have an unhealthy INFP friend who is extremely paranoid. She recently failed to graduate from a Masters program because according to her all the faculty at the university were in this huge conspiracy to fail her. She was reading all kinds of stuff between the lines and it didn't help that English was her second language. I went through her e-mail exchanges with her professors and counsellors which were all very normal, and asked a relative who is also a professor for a second opinion on her paper. The answer I got was that her paper wasn't sufficient to pass, and she needed a lot of help from her professors if she was going to graduate.

I don't know many INFPs but the ones I do know seem to have a harder time then the rest in taking a step back and looking at themselves critically. In extreme cases like that of my friend, intuition is really causing them to sabotage their career..

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sorry you got wicked family relationships. We're all good on my end.

That's all right - I'm happy for you. :hug:

As for those family members who have hurt our mom over many years... well, while I can never forgive them, somehow I feel a little sorry for them as well. Maybe they just don't have enough love in their hearts to realize what they've been doing for so long.

But anyway, I respect your opinions despite not agreeing with them.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get called insane when it's 'right too fast' lol, by non Ne-ers normally. Those who have some intuition but mostly sensing are the ones most of the time (e.g, Si aux with child Ne going woahhhhh)