Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I have the advantage here that my intuition mostly is concentrated on things and not people. When I come to think about the people I have to deal with on a daily basis I become misanthropic and hostile because they hurt me so often and I actually didnt want anything bad nor did I want to hurt them. Its not easy when you are a sensitive nature, sensitive to things or people, to survive, its a struggle but it gets better when you get older, you'll build more confidence in your own judgement and now that you aint insane.

If it is of any help, since I am not the most fluffy guy and cant provide more help, this forum helped me; it gave me a place to rant and has weirdos like me understand me. A home away from home like the Duke would say
    I don't know how you think you have an advantage...I've seen NTs come up with ridiculous theories that have nothing to do with real life and insist it's true.

NFs have a gift with being able to notice patterns in human behavior, and it's important, you just need to learn to discern the difference between seeing patterns and being able to make intuitive leaps, and simply thinking you're "psychic" or something like that.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have an advantage since I by design give a fuck about people

And advantage means here that I dont have to feel the pain they are causing, since I turned my back on them.

It's no real advantage in this sense, its more an escape
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Meek View Post
    Wait- Retarded and paranoid. Yes.
    No not all. I'm pretty sure you're noticing a valid pattern there. Just stay away from them if you don't want to confront them about it.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No not all. I'm pretty sure you're noticing a valid pattern there. Just stay away from them if you don't want to confront them about it.
    I wish I could confront them. I really do want to but they'll accuse me of being insane.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    My intuition is usually pretty good and I've learned to give it credibility (sometimes I've picked up on things that everyone else has been refusing to believe), but I've caught myself making mistakes sometimes too -- in situations where I was sure I knew what was going on. Especially if I'm stressed, my intuition can drift into a type of paranoia.

It just taught me that my pattern-sensing ability can be used to guide me through a situation, but I need to constantly be aware of the blind spots I'm leaping over and "testing" them as I go with data and my thinking skills. That way I still am using intuition to move into new seemingly worthwhile terrain, but I've got my guard up so I don't make any huge gaffs.
    Yeah that's why while I ran purely on Ne/Fi (with a little immature Te dictator behavior here and there) as a younger person, I think since I've developed my Te and Si a lot more consciously I'm a much bigger fan of a certain number of facts and data and of comparison to life experience, and even find myself getting annoyed with people who are doing exactly what I did when I was 19.

I used to believe in so much crazy stuff, I honestly though think Si has more to do with what snapped me out of it, rather than Te alone.

I still make those assumptions under stress, like I said, often with boys...like in that context I'm more likely to be stressed or upset about something sort of relationship-oriented, so my intuition isn't working as well.

It's like how they say psychics can see everyone's future except their own. It's because you have too much emotional investment in your own life and your own feelings sometimes to differentiate between a real pattern and simply what you're wanting or fearing the most.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Meek View Post
    I wish I could confront them. I really do want to but they'll accuse me of being insane.
    Sounds toxic. I just would keep my distance if you know they'll talk to you like that.

I'm aware that those sort of people exist, it's kind of like IRL "trolling." It's a form of social bullying where people are treating you badly but insist you're being silly or overreacting when you point it out.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

maybe if you have an idea how to deal with people as an insane-primary that doesnt involve a chainsaw massacre you can send me a note too.. as long as it isnt binge drinking I am hear to learn
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Sounds toxic. I just would keep my distance if you know they'll talk to you like that.

I'm aware that those sort of people exist, it's kind of like IRL "trolling." It's a form of social bullying where people are treating you badly but insist you're being silly or overreacting when you point it out.
    Yup. It's actually a form of emotional abuse. Seriously.

When people do really subtle or passive agressive things.. and you try to call them out on it, and it is then turned into a "your crazy" dig. I had never realized that it is emotional abuse until I was working in a womens center for awhile.

I worked with a woman that wanted to go back to work, and her control freak husband didn't want her to. But he also knew he was wrong and didn't want to be truthful about his insecurities, so he would do things like pick fights with her before interviews, hide her keys, all kinds of weird things to distract her or push her confidence down when she'd attempt to better herself. Whenever she would confront him on this hidden agenda he would completely manipulate it to her being crazy, which just added to her already low self-esteem.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

O_O