• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Hey NFs give me your opinion on ENTPs?

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well NFs are sorta whiny and over emtional most of the time. With INFs being sorta clingy too. ENFJs are sorta cool through :3

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Sounds all a bit like issues for a 16 year old. I am having troubles accepting that I could be emotionally totally insensitive. I admit I hate sunflowers and I think people who are too fluffy are stupid and I am german, but being emotionally blind to the feelings of my beloved one would hurt me.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I can't believe I missed this thread when it was climaxing.

Tell us MOAR!!

:D

G

Glycerine

One more thing, I tend to love the Ne+Ti combo sense of humor.

Me: Thanks for the help. I will see you tomorrow.
ENTP prof: Maybe. If the computer doesn't work tomorrow, I might have to jump out the window.

Me: I heard that the math department is pretty bad and one of the profs smells bad.
Him: No.... there's two.

Only a ENTP...........

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I honestly felt there's lack of love for ENTPs.

Though I don't know much about them yet.

ENTPs, if you're reading this, would you mind telling me one of the biggest misconception about your type to NFs?

A

Anew Leaf

I honestly felt there's lack of love for ENTPs.

Though I don't know much about them yet.

ENTPs, if you're reading this, would you mind telling me one of the biggest misconception about your type to NFs?

Really? That is sad! ENTPs along with INTPs are my two most favorite types. They always encourage me to do dumb/fun things. :) Long live ze Ne!

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
They always encourage me to do dumb/fun things. :) Long live ze Ne!

You're INFP right?

But I share similar experience with ENFPs as well. That's why I find it difficult to tell these two types apart.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a entp and I was wondering what you guys think about ENTPs....

The great ones are GREAT, the bad ones are bad... not unlike everyone else. I confess that my interactions with them are more electric than most; natural symbiosis. I experience something similar with INTPs, but it's more subdued.

Unfortunately, I don't encounter many.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a entp and I was wondering what you guys think about ENTPs....

thinking on ENTPs in my life:
I follow your meaning, its a terrific journey to take with you. We share a lot of laughs, and its really unique from anything I share with others. Together we have the aptitude to be an ace adventuring team. Something about the dynamic lends itself well to travel, odyssey, discovery.

More negatively, you can be flighty and I can be a drag and those tendencies may lead us to grate on each other in a cyclical and/or habitual way. Conflict-resolution cycles may follow. Resentment remains a poison, always. Always.​

Sunshiney

MBTI Type
INFP
I only know one ENTP and I haven't even met her in real life, but we get along great. They seem to be especially good at making you laugh until you fall out of your chair and hit your head on the counter on the way down... :doh: Also, I find myself attracted to the NTPs and NTJs (given they have a well developed F). Something about them makes me smile. Or maybe it's that they sometimes fit the typical "nerd" stereotype. And I like nerds. They can invent things I'm too lazy to invent myself.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTPs can make poor teachers. Since they find it so easy to absorb technical ideas, they can become frustrated with others that can't do the same. I think the immediate response is "Why can't you understand this!" rather than "What part don't you understand?"

this is most NTs, which to me is the most frustrating thing about them. teaching is a cooperative activity, not a debate. the point is to make the information as easy to understand, not to use it to test the subject's intelligence. I think a lot of NTs are extremely intelligent too and lack empathy for anyone who isn't as smart as they are

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao

Why don't you try to get to know us and find it out for yourself? :D (ie. I don't think I can tell you others' misconceptions of me without being others...it'd be like asking "how does the outside of this plane differ from the inside of the plane?" while you're sitting inside the plane).

this is most NTs, which to me is the most frustrating thing about them. teaching is a cooperative activity, not a debate. the point is to make the information as easy to understand, not to use it to test the subject's intelligence. I think a lot of NTs are extremely intelligent too and lack empathy for anyone who isn't as smart as they are

For some it may be a cooperative activity and for others it's a fun chance for debate. Yeah, it may make for a bad teacher for some, but and equally good teacher for others. You can't please all of the people all of the time, unfortunately.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why don't you try to get to know us and find it out for yourself? :D (ie. I don't think I can tell you others' misconceptions of me without being others...it'd be like asking "how does the outside of this plane differ from the inside of the plane?" while you're sitting inside the plane).

For some it may be a cooperative activity and for others it's a fun chance for debate. Yeah, it may make for a bad teacher for some, but and equally good teacher for others. You can't please all of the people all of the time, unfortunately.

it is true that debate can teach you things here and there, but your overall statement is just not true. teaching requires cooperation, empathy and knowledge of the student's background knowledge as well as being able to understand at least a little bit about how they think. frankly, these are skills that most NTs are absolutely terrible at.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
it is true that debate can teach you things here and there, but your overall statement is just not true. teaching requires cooperation, empathy and knowledge of the student's background knowledge as well as being able to understand at least a little bit about how they think. frankly, these are skills that most NTs are absolutely terrible at.

For you it does. I'm not saying you don't have a valid point, I'm just saying that for some people they may get more out of a teacher that is more antagonistic than cooperative. Besides, there are no "set rules" out there for how a teacher should teach.

And it differs greatly depending on the institution, too. A professor is going to have much less of the time and resources to be like the teacher you described than a high school teacher. If you think you can get a teacher to cater to your individual learning needs all the time, you're never going to be satisfied. But that's just my opinion and how I approach the subject of learning and teaching. It's no better or worse than yours.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For you it does. I'm not saying you don't have a valid point, I'm just saying that for some people they may get more out of a teacher that is more antagonistic than cooperative. Besides, there are no "set rules" out there for how a teacher should teach.

And it differs greatly depending on the institution, too. A professor is going to have much less of the time and resources to be like the teacher you described than a high school teacher. If you think you can get a teacher to cater to your individual learning needs all the time, you're never going to be satisfied. But that's just my opinion and how I approach the subject of learning and teaching. It's no better or worse than yours.

it appears our miscommunication is a matter of definition. I am aware that some people learn better from competition, antagonism, debate etc, but this is not the same thing as a teacher. people with this learning style don't learn best from a teacher and are often ill equiped to help someone who does learn best from a teacher
PS: in perfect honesty, I don't consider most professors to be teachers. they are informers, but they don't do a lot of actual teaching most of the time

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I love 'em for a while, they're so sharp, so funny. But some of them can say/do these things that makes you see them in a much darker light. I can't speak for them all, since I've only met two that I know of. But the two I know seem very warm until you get in the way of their fun, or expect them to take responsibility for something they did wrong. The smile is gone, and they go ice cold with contempt.