User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 110

  1. #81
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    For you it does. I'm not saying you don't have a valid point, I'm just saying that for some people they may get more out of a teacher that is more antagonistic than cooperative. Besides, there are no "set rules" out there for how a teacher should teach.

    And it differs greatly depending on the institution, too. A professor is going to have much less of the time and resources to be like the teacher you described than a high school teacher. If you think you can get a teacher to cater to your individual learning needs all the time, you're never going to be satisfied. But that's just my opinion and how I approach the subject of learning and teaching. It's no better or worse than yours.
    Actually, this seems like something which would be ridiculously easy to solve with SCIENCE! Undergrads are by orders of magnitude the most-studied demographic, and it's crazy cheap for universities to do their own research internally like that. I'm sure there are some studies which can tell us if some students learn better from ornery professors or if agreeableness is unilaterally superior. I don't like trawling google scholar on my phone, but perhaps one of you guys could do it for me?
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it appears our miscommunication is a matter of definition.
    Yes. I will agree that we are discussing two different points of a very subjective topic.

  3. #83
    nevermore lane777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I love 'em for a while, they're so sharp, so funny. But some of them can say/do these things that makes you see them in a much darker light. I can't speak for them all, since I've only met two that I know of. But the two I know seem very warm until you get in the way of their fun, or expect them to take responsibility for something they did wrong. The smile is gone, and they go ice cold with contempt.
    !

    I experienced exactly that just yesterday. Unreal the lengths she went to avoid having to admit she was wrong. Repeatedly through out the conversation, when I would make a valid point which she was unable to counter, she would change the subject or bring up something that was completely besides the point. Finally I told her we were only arguing in circles and that we should just agree to disagree... for some reason that prompted her to manipulate and guilt me. That's when I hung up...

    /vent

    I probably shouldn't be posting about it right now. Still fuming.

    @ ENTP's
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

    INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I experienced exactly that just yesterday. Unreal the lengths she went to avoid having to admit she was wrong. Repeatedly through out the conversation, when I would make a valid point which she was unable to counter, she would change the subject or bring up something that was completely besides the point. Finally I told her we were only arguing in circles and that we should just agree to disagree... for some reason that prompted her to manipulate and guilt me. That's when I hung up...
    Ouch...back argument form. You should direct toward this. It's a link to the Great Courses course on Argumentation and Effective Reasoning. Really good course. It teaches you all about argument as a cooperative, learning art that has taken on negative connotation in recent times to suggest disharmony and ornery people, when it's classically been used for growth and exploration of ideas.

    Although I guess she might take offense to you telling her she should improve her argumentation skills.

  5. #85
    nevermore lane777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Ouch...back argument form. You should direct toward this. It's a link to the Great Courses course on Argumentation and Effective Reasoning. Really good course. It teaches you all about argument as a cooperative, learning art that has taken on negative connotation in recent times to suggest disharmony and ornery people, when it's classically been used for growth and exploration of ideas.

    Although I guess she might take offense to you telling her she should improve her argumentation skills.
    Anything for listening skills? Also wouldn't hurt...
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

    INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

  6. #86
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    ENTPs are a relief for me. We tend to have instant rapport. For me, they're sweet and self-effacing while being cocky and able, nimble-minded, funny. I really appreciate their need for evolution and for mastery. I have a horror of stagnation and ambitionless wandering.

    I'm a weird hybrid of sorts - either the most introverted ENFJ alive, or the most extroverted INFJ. I frequently feel ripped in half between the two - exhibiting both, sometimes at the same time. My twin just shakes her head and lovingly calls me her "challenged" sister.

    Sexual napalm, even the girls (and I'm straight). If I meet one, and we hit on all cylinders, it's like someone broke the thermostat and sucked all the air out of the room. The atmosphere takes on an electric hot feel. One in particular, after just a few violently (and mutually) hot moments of knowing him, I wanted to hand him the keys to my body and brain. My ENTP ex - when I met him, we exchanged words, and from there on out, it was "on".

    I am strongly drawn to Ne. I think being raised with an ENFP for a sister has acclimated me to that. I can be quiet if I want to with ENTPs, or wild. They seem to appreciate my feral nature, the fact that I bite, and the need to protect me sometimes.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  7. #87
    nevermore lane777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Sexual napalm, even the girls (and I'm straight). If I meet one, and we hit on all cylinders, it's like someone broke the thermostat and sucked all the air out of the room. The atmosphere takes on an electric hot feel. One in particular, after just a few violently (and mutually) hot moments of knowing him, I wanted to hand him the keys to my body and brain. My ENTP ex - when I met him, we exchanged words, and from there on out, it was "on".
    I picture all ENTP's here as male unless stated otherwise Like a smack in the face, followed by icky feelings, I can't tell you how many times I've found out "he's" a her, after the fact. Kind of looks like this...

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmNObROcBOo"]Sideshow Bob And Rakes[/YOUTUBE]
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

    INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

  8. #88
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I picture all ENTP's here as male unless stated otherwise Like a smack in the face, followed by icky feelings, I can't tell you how many times I've found out "he's" a her, after the fact. Kind of looks like this...

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmNObROcBOo"]Sideshow Bob And Rakes[/YOUTUBE]
    hahahahah!!! That's so cute! And true!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I picture all ENTP's here as male unless stated otherwise Like a smack in the face, followed by icky feelings, I can't tell you how many times I've found out "he's" a her, after the fact.
    Awww *sulks*

  10. #90
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    I tend to picture all ENTPs as delicious vats of grape jelly until they prove that they can persevere as strawberry preserves.

    My best friend in highschool was an ENTP... I miss her a lot. We got into a lot of trouble together.

    Actually now that I think about it, most all of the ENTPs in my life have gotten me into trouble at some point or another.

    I guess I could be mad about that but then I look into their crazy Ne eyes and I think better of it.

    Hmm, where was i?

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] I need your opinion on an experiment
    By Blackup in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 11:34 AM
  2. Your opinion on the various typology systems
    By garbage in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 08:33 AM
  3. Your opinion please: ENTP, ENFP, or ESTP?
    By Synarch in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 12:38 PM
  4. [NF] NFs: What Is Your Opinion of "What Not to Wear"?
    By kiddykat in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 06:42 PM
  5. Give me your music!
    By Metamorphosis in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO