• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Hey NFs give me your opinion on ENTPs?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's more of the case that I feel that I have to make the ENTP respect me in an argument. This isn't too difficult because INFPs are quite cantankerous, but I see other NFs simply withdraw in arguments/discussions with ENTPs because they feel they are being bossed around. Perhaps this is because, in an odd way, although Fi & Ti might clash, it's also possible for Fi to appeal to Ti. Moreover, INFPs have Ne as an Aux, so we can sort of speak the same language as long as I ensure I'm not too flowery in my expression and we talk about the joy of discovering that je ne sais quoi.

However, the ENTP's lack of Fi and, at times, poorly developed Fe, means s/he can be all at sea when speaking to NFs. ENTPs can seem bullish and argumentative and their inability to appeal to the F element means that the ENTP's playfulness ("I'm just talking about possibilities and ideas!") is sometimes lost; people think the ENTP is just...being a bit of an arsehole, really. This is a bit heartbreaking to watch because, when you know an ENTP, you know that their intention is not to manipulate or harm people because they are, in fact, quite honourable. It's just that their inquisitiveness has no bounds and they are so focused and excited by it that they can "intellectually squash" things or people that are "in the way". ENTP vs. NF discussion can turn into "Why don't you want to resolve this issue?" vs. "Why don't you want to resolve this conflict?"

So ridiculously spot on.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
If I know them well, I'll tease them and say something smartass like "Yes you're Mommy's little Einstein, aren't you?" Sometimes they get somewhat butthurt there, but it's all in good humor - just giving them a hard time. :p

I would be offended by this statement. Einstein just isn't a smart enough comparison. ;)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had no idea it gave people icky feelings though.

I'm a girl, and I'm always delighted to discover the xNTP I'm talking to is a girl. It's like finding a magic caterpillar in your sock drawer that's made an impossible nest in your fancy panties. Figure that one out!

Speaking of panties, icky can be both good and bad. Wait... speaking of caterpillars... no... wait, speaking of Entropie...

clairebear8

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
One of my best friends is an ENTP, and we get along incredibly well. They do get a bit competitive sometimes, but that's my only complaint. I've only met one other that I know of, and we had a bit more difficulty seeing eye to eye. We met when I was having an off day, and he blurted out some rude things. I don't have anything against him, but I feel like I might get annoyed easily if I had to spend a lot of time around him

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Still you can see that from two different perspectives: it's either him that can annoy you easily or its you that gets annoyed easily

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Still you can see that from two different perspectives: it's either him that can annoy you easily or its you that gets annoyed easily

don't be a yoda

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's not hard to be a yoda these days

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram