User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    :pout:

Thhhhank you.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP

Hmm my father is an ENTP... Being an ENFP raised by an ENTP gives me some unique advantages I think.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    ENFPs? My take on the ENTPs I know irl are I can see a kindred spirit in them and can go on adventures with, there's a shared rapport and zest for life. I'm like, "Ooh, play with me! "

OR I think they are the biggest asshole and wish someone would slap that smug undeserved grin off your face. I mean...his or her face. True story. It also depends on if I have to work with you or if it's just socially. Cause if I have to work with you conflict is more unavoidable and an ENTP who thinks they are god's gift to X and are right about something (when they are clearly not) are some of the most condescending and frustrating people to work with.
    This.

I'm 24. My boss at work is an ENTP who is 34. He's fantastic, though if I met a ten years more junior version of him I would deck him, guaranteed. He's at least learned to tone down his personality enough to where it's bearable, probably due to the fact that he married a very strong woman. I think I tolerate him better than some (female INTJ at work still seems to hate him). The great thing about him is that he very evidently cares for people and is genuinely a good guy. However, I see the obnoxious from time to time. He loves to debate and argue to push people's thinking as well as his own, which I think is great.

Basically, you can yell and scream and beat on ENTPs as much as you want and they won't mind

INTPs, like my roommate, are a completely different breed...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I know one well. I get on with him better after understanding MBTI a bit better.

I appreciate the ENTP's ability to grasp ideas, notions, and projects on the grander scale. They can see deep into the core of something. However, they work out the problem from the outside in, rather than ENTJs, who do it from the inside out. ENTPs are bothered by small details; they want to see things happen and move their (usually technical) dream into the physical sphere. They have a tremendous energy for mobilisation and I have a lot of respect for that. However, ENTPs can be one-track minded. If you don't agree with them, that's it. When an ENTP gets started, it's "all your base are belong to us": there are no prisoners. ENTPs can also be horrendously disconnected from people. They view them as a curious and sometimes poorly-functioning components of their master plan. While they can be quite affable, they seem prone to social gaffes and are not always terribly good at dealing with wit or linguistic sleight of hand. Anecdotes are the name of the game.

As an INFP, I can identify with ENTPs. They like people who do not bullshit them. They also dare to dream a dream. The problem is that sometimes it seems like they simply can't relate to anyone. An emotional response in someone else can make their eyes glaze over; someone who dissents and says their plan may genuinely upset people will be met with cold eyes. The thinking seems to be "Why would anyone be upset with this logical plan?" If it makes sense, in the grander scheme of things, to close one area of a business because it's performing poorly, the ENTP is the one to make that decision. The 500 people who lose their jobs are merely a consequence; it's tough, but they have to deal with it: it's for the best. INFPs will also respond with emotions; ENTPs, with logic. "Why don't you understand me!" seems to be the chorus of both.

There is an element which suggests the ENTP carries a lot on his shoulders. I understand that, too. They are deep thinkers and they explore ideas from lots of angles. They become irritated when people question their ideas: "Why are you complaining about that? I already thought about it and decided it wasn't important!" This thinking on behalf of others is very similar to the INFP, who does a lot of feeling on behalf of others. Continuing the business analogy, the INFPs would be the ones to say "But what about the families of those people you've just made redundant? How will they feed their families? How must they all be feeling?" Here is where the ENTP/INFP relationship can turn sour.

If I were the CEO of a business, I would explain my vision to an ENTP, and ask her to implement. If she believed in what she was building, she would not spare herself in realising that goal. Woe betide he who is in her way.

That is how I see the ENTP.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Except for the disturbingly shallow brand of emotion sported by most ENTPs i've known...
    I know several quite well. None seem to have much Fi at all. That usually results in a sense of humor that offends people.
    If they try to be in tune with stuff, they can be really fun. Especially fun if times are good, and you're just having fun.
    I'd perhaps not be all that inclined to trust one with anything more important than dinner, though.
    They are good entertainers and quite logical... That's both the blessing and the curse of their kind.
    I'm sort of semi-fond of ENTPs. Usually. Some more or less than others, obviously.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    I know one well.[...]

What are the quotes in your signature from?

Seems like a really interesting book / work.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post

Seems like a really interesting work / book (not workbook).
    Who? Me? You didn't put a quote in your post.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Who? Me? You didn't put a quote in your post.
    Sorry, I meant Adasta... I tried to do empty quotes but it didn't show up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post

Seems like a really interesting book / work.
    The first is from James Boswell's account of Samuel Johnson.

The second is from Sentimental Education by Gustav Flaubert. The original French is much better, but I didn't want to risk scorn born of my prententiousness by posting the a quote from the original.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's an overall pretty sad picture you have of ENTPs, I'd never put more value into an imaterial thing over people or for my own benefit. Quite on the contrary I tend to be always the idiot who stands up against injustice and thats a thing that makes you very alone. I cant change the fact that I dont react so easily with emotions to things, the emotions are a of a very phlegmatic, sedate nature and take time to come to fruitition. I do respect every one for his opinion, even religious opinions but I dont need to share them, since I am a free man. I cant stand people tho who have to overwhelmingly carry to the outside their deep rooted connections to feelings and morality. I have seen enough people posing as the benevolent pedagogues of humanity and then when things got hot they acted purely egoistical.

Furthermore I think especially you as NFs should know the best that you cant lump together the whole entp type just like that, after all there is still some thing like individuality. I have recognized that I did myself sometimes associate bad things with one type thru one person and suddenly after that everybody who did a bad thing similiar to what I experienced was that type for me. This a pretty narrow-minded way to view the world, imo.

The last thing that bugged me is that you thought entps leave you no choice but to agree with them in a discussion. Thats completly wrong, its quite the contrary, entps love exactly the versatility in a discussion and would always try to encourage that. Just because we may talk very harshly sometimes its no attempt to cow someone, it is because we have deep emotions ourself and tho these most often mainifest themselves in passion or anger only and may not be tho nuanced, we develop them and try to get them to know over the course of all our lifes. The only thing that is important to us in a discussion is that the other one understood us correctly. Since Ti and Fi are very opposite often, I experience often with my gf that we just not speak the same language. But it doesnt bother me, I know that she loves me and then she doesnt have to understand everything like I do. I am rather inclined to learn her way and since Fi is a very subjective personal function, it tends to be different in everyone I meet. It's like a roadmap to the past that can tell you what this person may have experienced and how she became what she is nowadays. Its more difficult to see that with entps, what was a problem for my gf; being a walking mystery is no intention of me, it's just because I try to have an impersonal opinion, so I can stay fair in a juridical way.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]