User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I picture all ENTP's here as male unless stated otherwise Like a smack in the face, followed by icky feelings, I can't tell you how many times I've found out "he's" a her, after the fact. Kind of looks like this...
    I think that happens a lot with all T types, unless we choose an obviously feminine name and avatar. I had no idea it gave people icky feelings though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I picture all ENTP's here as male unless stated otherwise Like a smack in the face, followed by icky feelings, I can't tell you how many times I've found out "he's" a her, after the fact.

OK, well I'd better tell you right now that I'm female!! And I'm planning to change my avatar soon so that it won't be so misleading, I just picked it cuz it cracks me up....

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

oooo umm, biggest male influence throughout most of my life = ENTP
    a whole shitload of potential balancing on spikes flattering his ego laughing all the while....
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    I think that happens a lot with all T types, unless we choose an obviously feminine name and avatar. I had no idea it gave people icky feelings though.
    ENTP's more so than other T types, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post

OK, well I'd better tell you right now that I'm female!! And I'm planning to change my avatar soon so that it won't be so misleading, I just picked it cuz it cracks me up....
    It's not the avatar. ENTP's just come off masculine to me. Sorry
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Be glad you cant smell a forum >D

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The last thing that bugged me is that you thought entps leave you no choice but to agree with them in a discussion. Thats completly wrong, its quite the contrary, entps love exactly the versatility in a discussion and would always try to encourage that. Just because we may talk very harshly sometimes its no attempt to cow someone, it is because we have deep emotions ourself and tho these most often mainifest themselves in passion or anger only and may not be tho nuanced, we develop them and try to get them to know over the course of all our lifes. The only thing that is important to us in a discussion is that the other one understood us correctly. Since Ti and Fi are very opposite often, I experience often with my gf that we just not speak the same language. But it doesnt bother me, I know that she loves me and then she doesnt have to understand everything like I do. I am rather inclined to learn her way and since Fi is a very subjective personal function, it tends to be different in everyone I meet. It's like a roadmap to the past that can tell you what this person may have experienced and how she became what she is nowadays. Its more difficult to see that with entps, what was a problem for my gf; being a walking mystery is no intention of me, it's just because I try to have an impersonal opinion, so I can stay fair in a juridical way.
    It's more of the case that I feel that I have to make the ENTP respect me in an argument. This isn't too difficult because INFPs are quite cantankerous, but I see other NFs simply withdraw in arguments/discussions with ENTPs because they feel they are being bossed around. Perhaps this is because, in an odd way, although Fi & Ti might clash, it's also possible for Fi to appeal to Ti. Moreover, INFPs have Ne as an Aux, so we can sort of speak the same language as long as I ensure I'm not too flowery in my expression and we talk about the joy of discovering that je ne sais quoi.

However, the ENTP's lack of Fi and, at times, poorly developed Fe, means s/he can be all at sea when speaking to NFs. ENTPs can seem bullish and argumentative and their inability to appeal to the F element means that the ENTP's playfulness ("I'm just talking about possibilities and ideas!") is sometimes lost; people think the ENTP is just...being a bit of an arsehole, really. This is a bit heartbreaking to watch because, when you know an ENTP, you know that their intention is not to manipulate or harm people because they are, in fact, quite honourable. It's just that their inquisitiveness has no bounds and they are so focused and excited by it that they can "intellectually squash" things or people that are "in the way". ENTP vs. NF discussion can turn into "Why don't you want to resolve this issue?" vs. "Why don't you want to resolve this conflict?"
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Thanks, finally someone who takes the time and look a bit deeper into entps and not label them as bullish clowns from the start.

I can flawlessy sign everything you said from firsthand experience with my infp. And yes, I still have a lot to learn, especially in communication.. it drives me crazy when I explain an idea to her for about 30 minutes, she then answers with a completly unrelated sentence and I get angry and ask her why she didnt listened and she plays the innocent victim that is hurt because I expressed my anger a little "louder". And I really dont yell or so, its just if my intonation becomes more intense she already feels pissed and she just has to be a little pissed but will react as if all hell was set free just right now, its really a miracle to me how much you can influence the discussion by just finding the right intonation.

but hey that way I managed to get a stationary steel mill into our living room
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I love their Ne when it makes sense, but the (usually unwarranted) cockiness turns me off. I usually just nod, turn my head and roll my eyes, suppressing a snicker or two, but I let them wallow in it. If I know them well, I'll tease them and say something smartass like "Yes you're Mommy's little Einstein, aren't you?" Sometimes they get somewhat butthurt there, but it's all in good humor - just giving them a hard time. :P
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

We get along great. I enjoy their company more when they have a developed F side though. I can deal with crudeness, but I like the soft side to people too.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it appears our miscommunication is a matter of definition. I am aware that some people learn better from competition, antagonism, debate etc, but this is not the same thing as a teacher. people with this learning style don't learn best from a teacher and are often ill equiped to help someone who does learn best from a teacher
    PS: in perfect honesty, I don't consider most professors to be teachers. they are informers, but they don't do a lot of actual teaching most of the time
    It depends on how into teaching the professors are. Education professors are much better in this regard. Especially education teachers that understand the meaning of constructivism, and use it well.