First 234

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

But you realize that, say, an INTJ could potentially come across as "masked" as whatever Fe type you're stereotyping, especially if they're sp dom in their enneagram, and could easily view very open people as "weak."

I'm telling you people this isn't Fi vs. Fe. Or even necessarily type-related, though there are certainly trends of how certain functions manifest combined, I'll at least agree with that.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

After reading the thread, I'd like to put emphasis on the word "Dishonest", because I see social conformity being something totally different from actually being dishonestly fake. Someone who conforms is not necessarily "using" anyone or trying to do anything, they might be naturally doing their thing. This reads very differently on my radar than someone who is actually analysing the way people behave and using this analysis to adjust their behavior. It can be a subtle thing, but there really is a difference there.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I really should have nipped this in the butt right off... but I just want to emphasize.. this thread was not intended to turn into an Fe/Fi authenticity match. Or any typing match for that matter. I really believe authenticity is sooo fucking perception oriented, that there is no right or wrong answer on this. The question is * since authenticity is often used in NFP descriptions - what does authenticity mean to YOU.. as an NFP * Qlippoth offered up his perception.. and mentioned an Fi/Fe comparison. How can he be wrong? It's his perception. I could say that I think everyone with an Iphone, a fohawk, or a buttery tramp-stamp on their upper ass is inauthentic (do i really believe this.. mostly no) but it wouldn't be wrong.. because who else can say what is authentic in my opinion?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm glad the subject came up at least, the subject is deep. I'm questioning if there even is a such thing as authenticity, at least any worth talking about.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

He isn't wrong in his perception of what qualifies as authentic. That's a matter of perception and opinion, yes.

He's just incorrect about Fi and Fe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    He isn't wrong in his perception of what qualifies as authentic. That's a matter of perception and opinion, yes.

He's just incorrect about Fi and Fe.
    Matter of point, when I said Fi and Fe, I was asking a question. I'm terrible with MBTI stuff and wouldn't risk to actually state it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't see inauthentic and dishonest people like you people are saying... I don't really see them. So I wonder if it's me who don't see their inauthencity, or they just aren't inauthentic by my own definitions, or the people around me are all authentic, or what? .-.
    I knew only a few people who I could call inauthentic... one of them planned bad things for me behind my back, the other one was annoyingly cynical, and some others I would call confused rather than dishonest...
    Some people are shy, others like to please, others are overly nice, others seem to have some internal conflicts, others are explosive and say what comes to their minds, but most seem authentic.

Fi or Fe can be authentic and honest...

I think I'm authentic... I never say i like someone when I don't. When I don't like someone at first sight, I try to know that someone better and I end up finding something good about this one and liking him or her. So I truly end up liking the person, and not being fake. xP

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I once had a friend that said: the amount of authenticity your personality has, depends on how many movies you have not seen.

I miss that friend, I think he went to the army :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Anew Leaf

Does anyone else see threads like this one and then smile to oneself that this forum is called an "idyllic?"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ya haha. Some time ago I made some infjs threads which heavily polarized. basically everyone in that thread was against me in the end and I invested every strength I had left to keep up the fight. They never noticed that I only tried to ruin the forum title . Of course that was my sole plan from the start !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]