User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Is it more or less difficult to be a feeler

Who is extroverted or introverted and why?

Anew Leaf

Than what?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

They're both difficult in their own special way.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I always thought maybe being T it would be easier to "maintain" like not be as upset by certain things, and like be able to function better alone and not be as dependent upon relationship harmony. etc.

On the other hand, sometimes I feel like I'm more alive as a feeler, like I feel everything so deeply, so I wouldn't trade it.

I have no desire to be a Thinker, although I realize it could make it easier to act independently and calmly.

Then again, some people say emotional intensity isn't a feeler thing but just a characteristic that some people have. I've sure as hell seen some "emotionally intense" behavior in IxTJs quite opposing their usually stereotyped robotic, detached manner.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

depends on your context and your goals.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

These questions are so strange to me. I mentioned it before... how could a "feeler" have any point of reference to compare and contrast with "non-feelers"? Its just silly to me. As a feeler, I might be more sensitive to things.. but I'd never give up being a feeler because well, I love myself, I naturally have a preference for it, and I sincerely believe that emotions ARE intelligence. Infact, the idea of being emotionally unaffected and flat in life is fucking horrifying! Beign a feeler is only difficult when other people do rude, thoughtless shit, and care more about the bottom line than people. (And ya, feelers can do this too when unhealthy or sucked too far into an ideal.) Aside from that.. I love that I can read peoples moods, know exactly what to say or do to heal another, can look at a piece of art and connect, can feel music resonate within me. I love being enthusiastic, and seeing my enthusiasm affect those around me. I'd rather FEEL alive than think alive, anyday. I mean, if your wondering if the world is harder on feelers than thinkers.. I don't think you could compare it this way.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think the OP is actually asking whether extroverted feelers have it harder than introverted feelers, although I may be wrong.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I think the OP is actually asking whether extroverted feelers have it harder than introverted feelers, although I may be wrong.
    OH!

Ya, still don't know who has it harder.... =D
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm an extrovert, for the record.

If you mean if I think it's more difficult to be an ExF or an IxF, I think IxF's have a harder time of it..
    If you're asking if us feelers have it more difficult than thinkers, I think we have it easy when it comes to sorting ourselves out and expressing it to others.. but what I struggle with most of the time is validity and the general apathetic nature of others.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think ExFx might have a harder time in a way sometimes, though, because we can be more expressive and can embarrass ourselves with our feeler-ish ways more easily...IxFx can hide it better.

I don't think it's just me, either, though it may not apply to every single ExFx.