User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think ExFx might have a harder time in a way sometimes, though, because we can be more expressive and can embarrass ourselves with our feeler-ish ways more easily...IxFx can hide it better.

I don't think it's just me, either, though it may not apply to every single ExFx.

Though we can hide it better, I think it's more difficult for IxFx to go through the solitude alone. The inner-struggle often takes so much time to heal as well. IxFx (especially with J function) often have a great tendency to explode in public and letting all of our Fe running everywhere. So I honestly would rather trade the "T" with "F" as it's difficult for me to be expected from others that we're independent but really, deep inside of us we're just the exact opposite.

So yeah, it's tough.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't know, both bring their challenges. ExFx types are more likely to wear their hearts on their sleeve and their emotional expressiveness can sometimes get them into trouble or scare people away. IxFx types feel things just as strongly but are more likely to hold it in. Holding things in for too long isn't always healthy. They may hold things in for a long time and then "explode" out of the blue.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    IsFJ

Does the OP mean IxFx vs. ExFx or Fi user vs. Fe user?

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think in terms of getting over things and moving on, I'd definitely rather be ENFP or INFP than ENFJ or INFJ. That's probably the angle I'd approach it from.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

being I?F? sounds like it friggin sucks (on offense intended, most I?F?s I know just seem like life is very hard for them and they're hypersensitive to conflict).
    being E?F? doesn't seem so bad. being an ENFP just sucks if you're a guy because the vast majority of men are STs and don't understand you at all
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

A little bit of context, I see the I and E functions as about experiencing others as energising or draining, given that would finding others energising or draining make it easier or more difficult if you were using the feeling cognitive trait more than the alternatives? Would you need more or less co-regulation of emotional states or support in a crisis or be more emotionally crisis prone if you are an I or E Feeler?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    A little bit of context, I see the I and E functions as about experiencing others as energising or draining, given that would finding others energising or draining make it easier or more difficult if you were using the feeling cognitive trait more than the alternatives? Would you need more or less co-regulation of emotional states or support in a crisis or be more emotionally crisis prone if you are an I or E Feeler?
    Maybe I am having a hard time understanding what you are saying but I think the differences aren't necessarily if you are an I or an E, but if you process emotions as an I or an E. Using Fi (as an external process) is fairly draining for me after awhile... Fe even more so. Yet, I know my XNFJ friends could go hours on emotional things with others. I am more of an emotional sprinter .

I can handle the emotions of one person in a "one-on-one" kind of setting for a decent amount of time. The larger the group the more difficult. Which is a main reason why I loathed pep rallies so much as a kid.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Maybe I am having a hard time understanding what you are saying but I think the differences aren't necessarily if you are an I or an E, but if you process emotions as an I or an E. Using Fi (as an external process) is fairly draining for me after awhile... Fe even more so. Yet, I know my XNFJ friends could go hours on emotional things with others. I am more of an emotional sprinter .

I can handle the emotions of one person in a "one-on-one" kind of setting for a decent amount of time. The larger the group the more difficult. Which is a main reason why I loathed pep rallies so much as a kid.
    I always thought pep rallies were weird as hell. I would sit in the back and be like "why is everyone being so emotional? yuck"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I think in terms of getting over things and moving on, I'd definitely rather be ENFP or INFP than ENFJ or INFJ. That's probably the angle I'd approach it from.
    Ahhhh, moving on is a hard thing to do, even for the FPs, especially when some of us are/were unwilling to ask for help. But I think it has more to do with being introverted than it does being FP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i'm not much good at moving on, either.
    but i did love pep rallies!

anyway.

ExFx good things in my experience:
    cheering people up, inspiring, motivating, being emotional support, encouraging unity (sometimes enforcing unity), being a trailblazing/troubleshooting leader, very calm when others are having emotional crises, reading "atmosphere" of a group, skilled at cross-communication / translation / mediation, very often externally feeling-engaged, ease of reading individuals and quickly adapting to their emotional states.

ExFx bad things in my experience:
    getting lonely easily, needing external engagement to get out of an emotional funk, getting really wound up after more than a day or so without human interaction, being overly demonstrative when i get really angry (the fabled ENFP "Te attack"), that awful empty feeling after the party's over and you're driving home alone (probably ExFP-specific).