• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTPs

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's called being passive-aggressive and it is by no means exclusive to INTPs. The boring preoccupations of INTPs on the other hand, tend to be INTP specific.

Such as typology..?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's called being passive-aggressive and it is by no means exclusive to INTPs. The boring preoccupations of INTPs on the other hand, tend to be INTP specific.

I'm not sure where you're going with this. Maybe you could be more.....direct?

An INTP's biting remarks (Ti) are usually not passive. They are very direct, blunt, and to the point - as much to the point as one could possibly be (e.g. That's a stupid idea and there's no way I'm getting involved in it; Why would you have done that, didn't you think about the consequences before you acted impulsively; I think you're a hypocrite; You need to go back and learn about topic X before you mouth off about it and pretend to be an expert; You have no clue what you're talking about, please save your breath) - that's not being passive. It's being active.

INTP's don't really want to bring out Ti. It's an introverted function and that's where its at its best. So, I know for me, I'm reluctant to "extrovert" with Ti. So, yes, one could certainly make the case that INTP's are "passive" in every day life in their interactions with others. But, when we reach the point where Ti becomes a necessity and we make statements like the above, it's no longer passive. It's as direct as you could get.

And, yeah, I don't get your 2nd sentence either. If there's some specific examples of our boring preoccupations, go ahead and put them out there.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
specific to INTPs? as in, typical of the type?

I've certainly been chatting along and then out of the blue, I'll let something cold and logical that I believe slip through that I have felt was a completely normal thought only to have people gasp and go 'omg! how could you think that? That's so harsh dude'. I can't remember anything precise, but I bet it would have been something similar to letting people die/killing them off for the sake of the country.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like them. They are very clever and funny. At certain points on my life, I feel like I go to the edge of being an intp :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
specific to INTPs? as in, typical of the type?

I've certainly been chatting along and then out of the blue, I'll let something cold and logical that I believe slip through that I have felt was a completely normal thought only to have people gasp and go 'omg! how could you think that? That's so harsh dude'. I can't remember anything precise, but I bet it would have been something similar to letting people die/killing them off for the sake of the country.

:laugh: INTP brother of mine did that today.

him: "blah blah blah icy logic blah"
me: "wait... what?!"
him: "icy logic"
me: "seriously?"
him: "um... yeah."
me: "er. okay."

it used to stop there, but i've learned that it's more interesting when you ask the INTP why they think that. the logic, being logic, usually ends up being pretty sensical, even to a Feeler.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My boyfriend is INTP and I love him. :]

I would like to write more about INTPs, but I really gotta go now. Maybe I'll come back later...

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I think with an ENTJ, for example, they exude Te - so you know what you're getting with them. With INTP's, we act like big softies and pushovers - we just go with the flow and don't make a fuss and so everyone thinks we're sweet and nice and fluffy (Ne/Fe). But, then if you tick us off, that's when you see Ti and it surprises people. Like you said, people are always like "WTF!!??? Where did that come from?" The intention definitely isn't to hurt. It's simply to call a spade a spade. To call things as they are or as we see them. I'd even compare it to being an umpire or a referee. We just want to call things fairly from all angles, as much as that is possible. A good example is my own mother who totally favors her kids in many situations where it's not called for. I sometimes have to say, "You're biased in my favor. Try to look at the situation as if I weren't your son. Detach yourself from being my mom for a minute, and you'll actually see that I wasn't actually very qualified for that job that I didn't get." So, if something is inaccurate or wrong, we feel the need to correct it or point it out.

But, I do apologize for the "biting remarks" on behalf of INTP's everywhere. :cheese: Let me know when you find a function or a personality without flaws.

I loved this post!! I used to tell my poor mom, "Your praise is not based on reason and so it does not count." My poor, poor mom to have such a daughter. But yes, relate to this big time!

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP

I believe INTPs are less passive-agressive than most. No sugar coat = the real story. We tend to stab you in the front not the back.

A

Anew Leaf

I loved this post!! I used to tell my poor mom, "Your praise is not based on reason and so it does not count." My poor, poor mom to have such a daughter. But yes, relate to this big time!

haha, that's so sad! hilarious, and understandable... but so sad!

I believe INTPs are less passive-agressive than most. No sugar coat = the real story. We tend to stab you in the front not the back.
Well, as Oscar Wilde said... True friends stab you in the front. :D

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

I agree with the bolded part. But, it does take a while before we will even get to this point. I am willing to flex A LOT before I get to this point. But, if I flex and flex and flex and you keep taking advantage, pushing, being ridiculous (or whatever), that's when you get the pie in the face. 90-95% of the time, I'm the nice, quiet, polite guy. The other 5-10% of the time, people don't know what hit them. I prefer not to do that, but as a last resort, I will if I need to.

Example: I had a co-worker competing for a pool of funding recently. Someone she was competing against for that same money, called another very high-up colleague and told that person to convince my co-worker not to compete for it. To convince her to just "let it go" so that the other person would have a better chance. So, my co-worker pulled out out of intimidation.

Next time I spoke with the person who made the phone call to the higher-up, he said to me, "So, is your co-worker still going to compete for that funding or what ever happened with that?"

Me (knowing it was him that made the phone call that caused the intimidation): That funding is fair game for everyone. I've talked to various people and they all agree with me. So, I'm not really sure who convinced my co-worker that she shouldn't compete, and I'm really not sure who would do such a ridiculous thing but, yeah, competition is part of what we do here, so we're definitely competing for the funding and we're going after it full force. Best of luck to whoever competes against us, but I really believe we have a great shot at it and I've convinced my co-worker that there's absolutely no reason to be intimidated.

Him: Oh yeah, I totally agree. Competition is definitely a part of what we do and if I were you I'd encourage your co-worker to go for it also. Definitely! Who do you think tried to intimidate her?

Me: I dunno, but it wasn't a smart move and we aren't going to buy into that sort of thing. Not at all.

With INTP's it's like: Set your silly games aside and just deal direct with people. You're not going to intimidate anyone and you're not going to pull the wool over our eyes. Just lay everything out on the table and deal fairly. If you do, we are about the nicest people you'll meet. If you don't, we're kind of like.....not so nice. :cheese:

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
I get along better with Intp females all around. Most intp males tend to piss me off. I've only met shallow Intp males who usually have huge beer bellies and beards who have attacked how I look since I was 17 years old. I'm unpredictable and unstable and irrational to them so they end up hating me. I remember seeing one guy in town who always seemed to hate white women.

He always walked past me like he wanted to gut me, later finding out from my boyfriend that he's an Intp. That's it! No wonder he hates me. I think Intp males and I are like oil and water, but I get along just fine with Intp women. In fact, my best friend is an Intp woman.

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
:rofl1: Maybe they're just waiting for you to rub/pet their beer bellies.

BLUH. OH GOD.

jay,%20no%20shirt%20in%20portland%20hotel%20with%20beard.jpg