User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default So how does it feel

To be an idealist? do you dream about jumping through heaps of fluffy clouds and stuff?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    To be an idealist? do you dream about jumping through heaps of fluffy clouds and stuff?
    Who is to say we do not all truly dream?
    "Others should not judge what you truly are, instead you should find yourself. You may find yourself in a bowl of cereal or dreaming of the unknown, but make sure it is you who finds you." - Myself

ENTP
    Extroverted (E) 56.76% Introverted (I) 43.24%
    Intuitive (N) 64.29% Sensing (S) 35.71%
    Thinking (T) 62.5% Feeling (F) 37.5%
    Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    Who is to say we do not all truly dream?
    me

My idealism doesn't really have anything to do with a fantasy world exactly. Fluffy in a humane way though, I guess. And I might get a little fantasy-based in that I kind of look up to archetypes, and not always real things.. I'm attracted to fictional heroism, for example.. sometimes stuff that we rarely see expressed in real life. Secondly, these fantasies about what is "good" probably clash with Te, most of all. In it's purest form, Te doesn't exactly concern itself with what is ideal in a humane way, but in terms of objectives and utility. I'm more sensitive to process (especially concerning people), while they may end up adapting a sort of ends-justifies-the-means worldview. That said, I've grown to understand some of it too (as TJs aren't bereft of Fi, and understand some of it in themselves).

Anyways, that's the moral angle. There's other day-to-day things that I wish didn't exist or weren't around. Maybe I DO want to jump around in clouds, actually. I mean, I'm tired of what passes for life sometimes. Work, eat, sleep. Bleh. I want to run away from all of it sometimes. I might also be on the ideal side with my expectations on how we all judge each other in social situations, day to day. I hate how materialism is so valued, for example. I'm not unique in thinking this, but either way, it brings me down.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Idealism is not all about fantasy, it's about hope and the rejection of settling for less (for me at least).

When I look at society and see some things I think should be changed, i KNOW they are not going to be changed anytime soon because of how concrete the system in place is, but I do not just give up and deal with it. I preach my ideas and opinions in hopes that my message will be taken up by someone else.

That is how my idealism functions. It manifests itself in everyday things as well. We all have mental images of what the "perfect girl/guy" for us would be. Some if not most of us strive to find that person, that is idealism.

It is acting regardless of the low likelihood of a desired outcome. Straight up fantasizing deals more in the realm of things that actually cannot and will not ever exist. World peace is a highly irrational ideal but there is a legitimate way for their to be world peace so it's still an ideal and not a fantasy. The chances of achieving that ideal is what makes it seem so impossible or fantasy-like.
    I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY

Anew Leaf

To be honest... I daily expect that when I wake up, I will be floating on a cloud somewhere... there will be sparkling stars all over a pink sky.... and my pillow will be my new best friend: a pegacorn.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    To be honest... I daily expect that when I wake up, I will be floating on a cloud somewhere... there will be sparkling stars all over a pink sky.... and my pillow will be my new best friend: a pegacorn.
    I want what you are smoking...please..

Anew Leaf

I want what you are smoking...please..
    Haha, I have never done drugs. Just my Ne and Fi thinking aloud pretty happy thoughts.

Also, I know that this is what the masses think of when they think idealist INFP wandering aimlessly through life.

I have done drugs.. and oddly, having been sober for the last 15 years, I wander even more aimlessly now than I ever did. :\

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Haha, I have never done drugs. Just my Ne and Fi thinking aloud pretty happy thoughts.

Also, I know that this is what the masses think of when they think idealist INFP wandering aimlessly through life.
    You should bottle and market that. call it NeFi.