User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Here's a link with a good description of the INFP

INFP
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post
    I imagine it must feel very frustrating for the INFP to have their thought process judged and limited by other's limitations.
    :steam:

My sense is that many (maybe even most) people rely on norms and the expected to keep a sense of psychological balance. If they personally experience a disruption to this sense of security with discomfort or even fear, then maybe that's why they'd project that experience out on to others and label anyone else's engagement in those thought processes as psychologically unstable--because it would feel so to them. It seems to me that INFPs are much less likely than many to rely on norms and the expected for a sense of psychological balance. They seem to have a fluidity of thought that reaches beyond artificial limitations, and desires to push others out beyond the pretense of those boundaries as well. Being challenged to venture beyond thought processes that feel safe could certainly be quite scary for many people.
    I think that may be very true... it definitely relates to how INFP's often seem to want to inspire others to become their best and do the best they can

Toonia, that description was good for me, I especially liked how open ended, questioning, and searching the ending was.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post
    I guess overall I experience someone as a possible INFP who generally keeps their own company, expresses desire for deep emotional connection, is intellectually playful and creative, takes strong (sometimes surprisingly strong) stands to defend their values, and acts on a deep sensitivity to both other's emotional experience and their own.
    Wow that was amazingly accurate. Especially the observations of our seeming contradictions - soft and fuzzy but clawed and stubborn when we draw that line in the sand on our values. Independent and solitary yet yearning for deep connections, playful yet sensitive.

I don't know what to say except, you are the bee's knees.

And I can't help but say this because I'm so giddy for you and your own personal INFP so if it's inappropriate then somebody spank me:

May you have as long as you want - a lifetime even - to continue observing and enjoying the idiosyncrasies and delights of the very special INFP in your life.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INFP

Hmm... INFPs.
    well, the one who is usually quiet and when you suddenly talk to them they go "huh?" because they're too immersed in their own thoughts that they didn't really notice whats going on around them.
    INFPs are also usually shy and awkward in situations when they meet new people and tend to take some time to open up to the person.
    When around people that they're close to, or who 'click' with them, they tend to talk more and are generally more open, usually engaging in deep discussions and not really gossiping.
    They probably also have a different perspective of things and issues compared to others that people may not even have thought of.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

My INFP brother is a tall guy who looks like he'd be as fantastic a hockey player as he actually is. He can never find shirts with wide enough shoulders.

He's loud, a clear Ne user, and superpwns at math.

He has zero perception of the passage of time.

He sometimes chooses to spend hours at a time reading or writing.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP

"INFPs have no time for chitchat." - That was a line from the INFP description that was linked. Really? I love chitchat and gossip. I can small-talk for hours.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by milti girl View Post
    "INFPs have no time for chitchat." - That was a line from the INFP description that was linked. Really? I love chitchat and gossip. I can small-talk for hours.
    Maybe it means chit chatting to strangers? I hate chit chatting to the mums outside the school. The only chit chat I enjoy is with my friends and that can go on for hours and hours.

I wouldn't know how to spot another INFP just by looking at them, for me spotting them usually comes from interacting for a little while, and there is just that connection that makes me aware that this is a soul mate I am speaking to.

Although people tell me that large eyes is one of the traits, go go googly eyes.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ

Define chit chat?

MBTI
    INFP

Well, I took it to mean small talk and good old gossip that doesn't really go anywhere. You know, definitelty not an exchanging of ideas. I do that a lot. And I love listening to a discussion where people are exchanging ideas, though I rarely contribute to such a discussion myself.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...

MBTI
    ESTJ

Oh, I don't particularly feel right about gossip. So I try to avoid it. Still, I like to talk about silly stuff that everyone experiences like forgetting what you are watching on tv when the commercials come on.. I consider that chit chat.