User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    What do you think it might me when an infp says, "I really like you a lot" after he turns his head to the side. Could it more... or should I just take the statement literally?
    Depends on if it's followed by a pregnant pause and the word "BUT"

:P
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

When I was at college, my crush said, "I love you" to me face-to-face at a bar. And I walked away (I really hate surprises, especially unexpected one because I don't know how to handle it).

Now I really regret of not initiated back.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

What keeps you from taking what the INFP said literally? Just the head-turning thing?

I would assume he meant it. Could be my preconceived notions kicking in, but I can't really see an INFP saying such things without meaning them.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

My feeling is that he's testing where you are at about your relationship and the smiles are more directed at how much more nervous about it he is than what you look like - less sadistic and more self depreciating.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If you sometimes catch him staring at you adoringly when you talk then he likes you

I can imagine INFP guys getting very nervous around people they like. You are probably also guarded about showing emotions, so he can't tell if you're just being nice or if you like him. Before I got together with my INFP I thought my signals were that obvious, but he told me later that he had no clue.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFP

As an INFP, I've done what your guy has done (though I'm a girl). I didn't realize statements like that could be seen as ambiguous. It means he likes you a lot. The head turning thing is probably because he's feeling vulnerable.

As for whether or not it's a romantic liking, you have to look at the context of your relationship. If you're dating, then he means it in a romantic way. If you're just friends, he could mean it in a friendship sense OR a romantic way.

I recently stated to a friend "I care about you a lot" because I was about to bring up a sensitive topic with him and I didn't want him to feel attacked, and I was bringing it up out of caring. It doesn't sound like that sort of conversation is what you're talking about, though. It sounds like he was responding to your statement of caring for him.

MBTI
    INFP

When he says I really like you allot, he really means he really likes you allot.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Lololol, that sounds like cute typical infp behavior for someone who likes you.
    The turning of the head to me, sounds like they're very shy and embarrassed after saying it to you.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    What do you think it might me when an infp says, "I really like you a lot" after he turns his head to the side. Could it more... or should I just take the statement literally?

What does "I really like you a lot" mean to you?" infps or any other nf. Thanks for your thoughts.
    it means he or they are certain to the depth and intensity that they like you

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know. I doubt I can answer this without projecting my own feelings in the body of your dude, and that would not be valid or sane. In my case, I'm probably pretty sheepish about saying things to someone. I like you, but I want to run away. I like you, but I fear you can't go there...so I risk destroying what is already there. Etc. I probably could write a book about what I feel...but I'm not him.

In my case, I'd write you about it, probably. In fact if you are not my "journal person" to whom I write, you are probably not the one.

Also, can the INFJ - INFP relationship thing work? I mean I imagine it can, but I just don't have any experience myself, so I'm curious.