User Tag List

First 123 Last

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I feel the 2 ESFJs at work will say something to you just for the sake of saying something to you...like ask pointless questions that they know the answer to.

I posted in another thread behaviors of the SFJs I work with- and wanted to see if it's something that is an ExFJ thing more so than SFJ. I know how much that connection is to them. Maybe it's the same with you. Let me know.
    I know exactly what you mean by this, my mom's ENFJ and she does this ALL the time, it's actually one of the reasons I have a hard time communicating with her. Because a lot of times it comes across as fake. I never do this because I know how annoying it can be.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Could you elaborate on what kinds of questions they ask, IZ? That could help...

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

guilty. means I like you sometimes

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've noticed this most with extreme Es, mainly ESxx types, but sometimes ENxx types. I think it's because they are uncomfortable with silence & need interaction.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

This is not me AT ALL. I do not talk just for the sake of talking or to hear my own voice. I like to think before I speak. I like the idea of being thoughtful- although I'm not always successful in doing so. Those who say something to just say something, I find, are often uncomfortable in their own skin and uncomfortable with silence.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I know exactly what you mean by this, my mom's ENFJ and she does this ALL the time, it's actually one of the reasons I have a hard time communicating with her. Because a lot of times it comes across as fake. I never do this because I know how annoying it can be.
    Actually, learning type differences has helped me to not see sincere Fe attempts as fake. So that's not the problem, at least for me. It's definitely annoying, though, And sometimes I'm visibly annoyed by their sincere attempts. One time we were at a restaurant, and it was a down day for me, so I wasn't my usual joking self. the 27 y/o kept asking me 'Are you okay', how's your sandwich? So in comes 2 black chicks. (I had made a joke coming in to the restaurant that I didn't feel comfortable- because I was the only one with a tie. I was the only black person in there as well, but I played it off the tie/digress) So the 27 y/o says, in an attempt to make me laugh "Man it just got dark in here". It was bad. I don't usually get offended, but I got offended. He was trying to get a laugh outta me the same way ENFJ and I joke (ENFJ's from India), but it was just WRONG. I actually had to pull him to the side to let him know he has to stop trying so hard with me. No need to be my cheerleader.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    guilty. means I like you sometimes
    Yeah he definitely likes me.I like him too. He just tries to hard to be what he thinks I respond best to, based of his perception.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I've noticed this most with extreme Es, mainly ESxx types, but sometimes ENxx types. I think it's because they are uncomfortable with silence & need interaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    This is not me AT ALL. I do not talk just for the sake of talking or to hear my own voice. I like to think before I speak. I like the idea of being thoughtful- although I'm not always successful in doing so. Those who say something to just say something, I find, are often uncomfortable in their own skin and uncomfortable with silence.
    Yes. That's definitely part of it as well. I know ESFJs who don't feel the need to be this way.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Could you elaborate on what kinds of questions they ask, IZ? That could help...
    It's hard to put specifics on it. They're everyday, obvious questions that if I, as a see first, speak later type, notice it as obvious and say nothing about it. In fact, sometimes I don't even answer the question he asks, instead just switching the subject, or asking him a question, and he doesn't even come back to the original question.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    It's hard to put specifics on it. They're everyday, obvious questions that if I, as a see first, speak later type, notice it as obvious and say nothing about it. In fact, sometimes I don't even answer the question he asks, instead just switching the subject, or asking him a question, and he doesn't even come back to the original question.
    Being someone who lives with an ESFJ, I kind of get what you're getting at... Stuff like, "Jim's a nice guy, huh?", "The weather's been sunny, hasn't it?", "I think we're the most important people in her life, don't you?". Mind you, these are the coherent ones - tertiary Ne has a way of making you go O_o...