User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My friend (an INFJ) sent me the link of this topic. And I found it's helpful for me to analyze and understand my own internal world. Thanks, OmarFW! ^^

I also read another topic of yours about some advices for INFP males. I notice that you emphasize on developing the 'T', and I agree with you about this point too. However, I also want to develop Se. Do you have any advice about this, especially for INFPs?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    My friend (an INFJ) sent me the link of this topic. And I found it's helpful for me to analyze and understand my own internal world. Thanks, OmarFW! ^^

I also read another topic of yours about some advices for INFP males. I notice that you emphasize on developing the 'T', and I agree with you about this point too. However, I also want to develop Se. Do you have any advice about this, especially for INFPs?
    Since Se is a shadow function of yours you will only use it with your alternate personality. This kind of thing doesn't come out in everybody (and only does in times of great anxiety) and some people never use their shadow functions at all. You generally don't ever want to utilize this alter-ego composed of shadow functions. Aside from that, Se does not mix with the primary cognitive function ordering of an INFP.

It is however possible to learn about Se and learn how to communicate and interact with it more efficiently. I have a close ESFP friend who helped me to understand Se and appreciate it.

For what reason do you want to develop your Se?
    I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I read everything. I guess I'm 40, and read way too much mysticism.

I'm well aware of my loops and problems.

I think I'm unhealthy in some ways, and that I use forms of mysticism as sort of narcissistic fixes. I have "severe" problems in certain areas, but my depth of understanding about what is happening is somewhat deep. The character in the OP lacks insight. It's as if they have problems, but they are not aware of why or the way out.

Obviously we've had different education and read different things. I'm not questioning your theory, but the person in your OP appears not to have read anything spiritual in their whole life, and they have failed to learn certain principles. They probably need some kind of awakening.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    I'm not questioning your theory, but the person in your OP appears not to have read anything spiritual in their whole life, and they have failed to learn certain principles. They probably need some kind of awakening.
    I like this analysis and I agree. I did want to keep it generic for the sake of relativity though. It's sort of a barebones INFP analysis without all the extra stuff piled on top that could create confusion about the source of ones cognitive unbalancement.
    I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY