• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Bebe Le Strange : How to Spot an INFJ

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Comments that i have received from others, possibly germane to spotting us

" you just seem to be in your own world "

" you seem like such a cool person, but no one knows you "

" you have a powerful presence, even when you're not talking "

" its as if you can look right through me, and that scares me "

" why am I telling you this, I don't even know you "

" you're so funny/that was harsh/thats too much truth "

" you woo with words/you just listed exactly what i like about myself " (Ni+Fe) ?

" why are you the only one that gets me ? "

" you don't have a soul, do you even have emotions ? "
LOL (Ti)?

Any contributions would be appreciated

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ

" why am I telling you this, I don't even know you "

I remember the first time I heard a variation of this. After a lab my biology professor sat down and talked me about a million random things like education in public schools, and I smiled and nodded. The above quote is what happened when he caught himself talking after fifteen minutes straight.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remember the first time I heard a variation of this. After a lab my biology professor sat down and talked me about a million random things like education in public schools, and I smiled and nodded. The above quote is what happened when he caught himself talking after fifteen minutes straight.

LMAO
*High Five*

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
And a couple of my favorites...

"You are so wise beyond your years."
"You have an old soul."

I like it when people point out the "mystical" part of being an INFJ, because I never notice that about myself.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And a couple of my favorites...

"You are so wise beyond your years."
"You have an old soul."

I like it when people point out the "mystical" part of being an INFJ, because I never notice that about myself.

How could i forget those ?
probably because its a belabored motif

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I have actually heard this before: " I don't know why I am telling you this but I just feel like I can trust you" from a guy that used to work with me for about 2 weeks.

JuilinThiefTaker

MBTI Type
INFJ
Not that I have anything to really contribute right now, but maybe some more negative quotes'd be interesting?

The topic seems more like "Let's all give each other high-fives" than anything else. :)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Not that I have anything to really contribute right now, but maybe some more negative quotes'd be interesting?

The topic seems more like "Let's all give each other high-fives" than anything else. :)

Ask and you shall receive...

"You need to lighten up."
"You live in your own little world, don't you?"
"You expect too much from yourself."
"Why are you arguing about something so pointless?"
"You are so wishy-washy."

I have no idea why people think I am both uptight and wishy washy at the same time, but I get that a lot. It's weird because people also say I'm laid back but I don't have a sense of humor, or I'm high strung, but I'm an easy going guy. I wish people would make up their minds! Or maybe INFJs are easy going in some ways but are uptight in others. Am I the only one alone in this or are there other INFJs who get this too?

Of course on the forums I hear some common prejudice towards Fs in general.

"You have weak logic, so you wouldn't understand."
"Only an INFJ would say irrational crap like that."

That kind of stuff.

amandalch

MBTI Type
INFJ
How about:

"You're not as stuck up as I thought you were."

I'm still not sure why people get the impression that I'm stuck up. Maybe it's because I'm quiet and don't initiate a lot of conversations.

"You're smarter than you look."

Do I really look that dumb? :huh:

I think this happens because I listen to a conversation but won't comment if someone else's opinion is similar to mine. Why should I bother if it's not something I care about? But when I feel that I have something to add, people are often surprised at the depth of my knowledge and feelings.

"Why are you staring at me?"

I'm actually staring through them. I get lost in my thoughts and don't see anything except the connections in my own mind.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
My cousin, who is also one of my best friends, is an INFJ, and he said the description was "pretty accurate".

He says people sometimes think he is stuck up, but he isn't. I'm not exactly sure how to describe his thought processes, and I don't know any other INFJ's (to my knowledge). He is super intelligent and super hilarious... I think he does this with Ni. He makes the connections, and then shyly (sometimes no so shyly) spits out the more amusing ideas he gets. When he was younger he called himself the "abstract wordsmith" for his famous bizarre one-liners like "what if a man had an afro so large it turned the world to chocolate?", or "Can you imagine if Chewbacca got a perm!". He is also sensitive but logical, as well.

But I'm not sure exactly how to spot an INFJ...

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
"Whoa! That was really off the wall."

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
" Weirdo"
"Snob"
" You think you're so perfect, don't you ? "

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Hmm ...

Pull your head out your rear and place it on your shoulders were it belongs???

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
"You have some strange delusions."

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
What the hell is your MBTI type? I can't figure it out.

...at least...that's how I normally know I've found an INFJ

alternatively..."This person is definitely a T. But what's with all this moral/principle stuff?"