User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I think a comfortable INF can extrovert pretty well without being an extrovert. If I'm comfortable, I'm fairly outgoing and chatty. I don't have the charisma of an extrovert, but the fact that I'm for real, I don't take life too seriously, and I treat everyone like my equal does shine through sometimes. Charisma is, in part, making people feel better when you are around than when you are not, so it's not a stretch for a caring person to have a kind of charisma of their own, even if they are introverted.

Edit: But you know, after I'm done chatting up the teachers and the cashiers, etc, I'm hiding in my room with a book.
    Good point, Cafe.

I think people rely on comfortableness/abilities to extravert too much when deciding their I vs E type.

I'm at the point in my life now, after having spent a year traveling to a new place every single week, including in Africa, living in very unfamiliar homes (both culture-wise and literally not knowing the people) and all my life experience through joining new sports teams/clubs at school that I can extravert more naturally/comfortably than a lot of extraverts. I enjoy it. It does give me energy when I choose to do so.

Yet, my natural inclination is to stay at home and go on the internet/read/do my own thing for a week without even thinking to go out an socialize sometimes. I'm just most attracted to being alone (assuming I socialize enough to keep me mentally healthy). I resent people who try to make me socialize more than I feel like doing; I find my alone-time to be very valuable and am aware that at 21 years old, I won't always have this luxury to be so independent with my time, so I take it now (before I have a career/family, etc.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Until I finish reading the rest of this thread:

"You sound so innocent and sweet, but then sometimes you say things and it's like 'whoa, did she just say that?'" --after....well after every single time I've said something really disturbing and/or dirty without showing it phasing me in the slightest.

"That was random."

"Where do you think of that stuff?"

"You're crazy." / "You're so weird." At which point I grin because I agree. I am probably crazy and definitely weird.

"Stop complaining over things you cannot change." or "Just leave it. You can't change it." <--my hardest problem...I worry about things that already happened until I feel sick because I wish I could change them.

I've been told I'm laid back and I've been told I need to relax. I think I'm both at the exact same time at the exact same moment usually (I can't explain how that is, but it's true).

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    "That was random."
    That is a really good one. I've heard that one probably more than all the others. Sharing your immediate thoughts with the world without prior introduction can lead to some awkward moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

One that I heard yesterday: "I love hearing you talk... you're so quiet most of the time, but when you have something to say, wow!"
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I've been told I'm laid back and I've been told I need to relax. I think I'm both at the exact same time at the exact same moment usually (I can't explain how that is, but it's true).
    Yeah - I agree with this. There's almost always a duality like this for me. I can be very laid back and agreeable, but sometimes I feel a little tense about my agreeableness.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    F00D

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Also, is hiding your true self a trait of INFJs? I didn't think it was. I thought we usually confide in everyone as well. I was reading Alcea Rosea's experience with meeting an INFJ, and felt that in that respect that I was different from her friend. Her friend didn't want people to know her true self. Not me at all. Rather, I want everyone to know the real me, even though sometimes I can confide too much.
    This is me online, where I'm comfortable to self-disclose much more. This one guy even told me once "I don't mind that you're self-absorbed" but all I wanted was to let him know clearly who he was dealing with. There's no point in hooking 'em in, even if that is more tactful, when they may end up not liking who I really am later on down the track (waste of time). But I see that as different to confiding in people.

So atypical profiency with another function determines how left of centre associated traits with that function are?

I do plan to pursue counselling because I don't want to extend myself into areas I won't do well/ be effective in. Then whenever someone asks my type I will be able to cheesy grin at them.

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    It's stressful to me to have people place all their negativity on your shoulders and expect good advice. I can't deal with that kind of stuff on a regular basis, but I do take concern with my closer friends when they are having problems.
    If I were bombarded with too many people needing me then I suppose I would be sick of it too. But I've always had to be around too many overtly happy people, so THAT has become my source of irritable stress and depression. Because the person I've become has grown to embrace and sympathise with negative emotions, sad people inspire me.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Charisma and "outgoing" are not necessarily synonymous, though.
    Yeah I agree with this.
    One INFJ profile says we have a "personal charisma." Maybe not so much in the shadow of extroverts in real life, but y'all really come alive on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    I guess it's both in varying proportions depending on the person/circumstances. But the thing is: while *we* may know that we don't truly care about someone, *they* don't. On the outside, it can basically look like we care about everyone.
    ...and I recall another one:
    "You always look like you don't care about anything that's going on." --this is highly deceptive.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    That is a really good one. I've heard that one probably more than all the others. Sharing your immediate thoughts with the world without prior introduction can lead to some awkward moments.
    Yeah, same here. I'll just spout off something that was in my head as if everyone around me can hear my thoughts, so I assume that they know automatically what I'm talking about.

"What are you talking about? You're crazy." The crazy accusation only coming from people who know me well. lol

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Yeah - I agree with this. There's almost always a duality like this for me. I can be very laid back and agreeable, but sometimes I feel a little tense about my agreeableness.
    Wow, totally me. The duality in myself can get very stressing. Its like I'm two different people battling over control of myself. And it really depends on mood, too.

I wonder if I'm bipolar?

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

I know of one person in real life who was tested as an INFJ, and I suspect I may know another.

They are both -very- weird, let me tell ya.

Both have the quasi-mystic voodoo witchcraft "spirit healer" aura about them, although they apply it in different ways: one is sort of a wannabe psychologist/mythologist, the other fancies himself as a political/human-rights revolutionary, not unlike that kid from The Boondocks. Both are men.

... That's about the only contribution I can make, haha. Just my perceptions of them.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cheap View Post
    If I were bombarded with too many people needing me then I suppose I would be sick of it too. But I've always had to be around too many overtly happy people, so THAT has become my source of irritable stress and depression. Because the person I've become has grown to embrace and sympathise with negative emotions, sad people inspire me.
    Actually, I also find inspiration in the negative emotions and experiences of others. I don't feel happy when someone is going through something negative, but I do feel a surge of happiness when I see someone persevere through negative situations with grace. I prefer sad movies over comedies. Having sad moments in life is simply just a part of life (an equally important as happy moments in my opinion), and I find beauty in the way people can live through those moments and still manage to smile.

All of this is probably why The Hours is my favorite movie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social