• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Bebe Le Strange : How to Spot an INFJ

exhaust_it

Agreed.

These comments mostly hit the nail on the head, but I don't think anyone has EVER asked me whether I "even have emotions/a soul!"

They usually say "You are so perceptive/insightful/kind/intelligent," and those I am emotionally intimate with comment that I should share more of myself. In classes, I will speak up when I am passionate or informed about a point of discussion, and yet, when I do, I am always surprised to see that people's heads raise and turn as they are actually listening and surprised by what I contribute.

I get praised for my good listening skills more than anything, and it's natural for me to learn someone's intimate "life story"-type experiences during a first meeting. I could also write a book about them later.

I have an excellent memory about people's "life stories" and personalities and constantly discover people's secrets without trying. They flat out tell them to me.

I am considering becoming a spy--on the good side ;)

& I keep all these secrets--my own, my friend's, perfect strangers'--bottled up inside me... do other INFJs feel drained by carrying so much of someone else around inside of them all the time?

OH, and EVERY guy I've ever been interested in or involved with has asked me, "What are you thinking??" Hahaha.

Furthermore, I don't know if it's an INFJ thing, but I have a very hard time accepting compliments. I just want to be better; I don't think I will ever be enough.

Hotherym

MBTI Type
INFU
I can't handle compliments, no. I can eat up criticism, though.

Every INFJ I've known bottles up their own and other people's problems. I can't speak for everyone here, obviously. It gets even more complex for me.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't handle compliments, no. I can eat up criticism, though.

Every INFJ I've known bottles up their own and other people's problems. I can't speak for everyone here, obviously. It gets even more complex for me.

Ditto

Seether

MBTI Type
INFJ
I haven't finished reading this great thread yet, but I've loved it since the first page. My contribute, for now, is not really something I've been told, but what I feel others think about me sometimes. Just a sentence that suddenly came to my mind (a well known experience ^^).

About you, my guess is I can hardly make guesses.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are 3 phrases I'm used to hearing: you're weird/you're too sensitive/you think too much. I take each one as a compliment no matter the intent.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are 3 phrases I'm used to hearing: you're weird/you're too sensitive/you think too much. I take each one as a compliment no matter the intent.

because they are in their own way
you hear " sensitive "
I tend to hear " mean "

anyone else concur ?

Clentizene

MBTI Type
enfp
If infjs are the doormat in the house of personality, they occasionally trip you on the way in and have a secret little laugh.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I heard that "you think too much", I'd like to know what you're thinking when you stare at people/things/ in the distance like that".
:wub: clentizene's post.

sade

For the thousanth time: "You are too sensitive."
"I never know if you're around or what you are doing, you're so quiet."
"Don't sneak up on me!"
"You are so calm."
"You are too complex. I can't keep up with you."
I've never had anyone stop their live story, but sometimes I've had other people asking how I got those people to talk. I didn't, I just listened since they wanted to talk.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
"You have an old soul"

"Absent-minded professor"

"You play your roles really well" (this is what a friend of mine said as she got to know me better and we got closer; she admitted you would never guess the kind of person I am by just seeing me somewhere around people. I dislike roles and any sorts of unauthencity, but I do choose those I "share myself" with with a lot of care. I set aside my inner reserveness as I'm interested in people; I may not be the loudest person, unless around very shy people, but I'm not passive either. in an any given group; I do state my opinions, even engage a lot to the conversation, but am very observing. The more people, the quieter I get, cause there's just so many people's "essence", presence and personalities and group dynamic's many dimensions to be observed.)

"Ever since you were a baby you just seemed to see through people's emotional states". I don't know what my mum meant by this, she said it was very hard to fool me (when I asked what kind of a child I was).

I find the trust thing funny here - I've heard that "I just trust you" so many times. I don't feel like I'm "doing" anything - I always feel that I'm not doing enough, helping out or giving them what they need. But for some reason people just tend to open up to me, which is great, cause I like listening to people and guard their well-being (I usually don't show the depth of my concern), but the truth is I "feel" their pain and it causes me a lot of discomfort and I'd probably be ready to do just about anything for them. The idea of "protecting" my close ones seems about right. So even I don't feel like I'm giving them any specific "reason" to trust me to open up, I do feel good about knowing I know they've come to the "right" person, as I know my morals, values and ethics make me a trusted confidant for them.

I also can't accept compliments. Not that I dislike it; I appreciate it a lot in the quietness of my soul, but I know deep down I can do better. Nothing's never good enough; there's ALWAYS something you can improve and develop at.

I also get my "weird" moments, when I just completely let loose and spontaneously have fun in what ever way seems most intriguing. I might get extremely wild, laughing uncontrollably to something completely random, so if you caught me up from those situations, you could think of me as a nutcase :D . (Which also, seems about right ;) )