User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Cool

These are the ones I get most often:

" you just seem to be in your own world " - All the time! Then again,
    most people relate that to my geekiness

" you seem like such a cool person, but no one knows you " - Happens occasionally, usually at parties. Because I'm the big "I" at parties, very quiet.

" you woo with words/you just listed exactly what i like about myself " (Ni+Fe) ? - People comment on my usage of "not so common" grammar. I.e words that I use instead of what a normal person would say. I get that A LOT!

" why are you the only one that gets me ? " - This happens just as frequently as the fore-mentioned. Possibly because we pay more attention to people(?), I honestly don't know :P

" you don't have a soul, do you even have emotions ? "[/I] LOL (Ti)? -
    probably because we shield emotions moreso than other people(Although some INTP's can really give us a run for our money!)
    Introverted (I) 53.57% Extroverted (E) 46.43%
    Intuitive (N) 54.55% Sensing (S) 45.45%
    Feeling (F) 65.63% Thinking (T) 34.38%
    Judging (J) 63.64% Perceiving (P) 36.36%

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein

MBTI
    infj

"HOW did you know that about me???"

MBTI
    infj

"You care too much about the world"

"You are so easy to talk to/be with."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

" Why are you so quiet all of a sudden ? "
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

"you take everything personally" (as if there actually exists something impersonal about 2 bodies talking to one another in a space.)

All the other comments ring true for me too. I've had people tell me how, when & why they were raped in the first 30 minutes of meeting me.

Anyway, I'm happy being an INFJ.

Sniffles

ROTFL! I love this thread. Almost all the statements made would apply to me.

Has anybody been told(most likely by NTs) that while you're rhetorical skills are impressive, your thinking-logic is rather medicore?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by blargsauce View Post
    "I don't know why I just told you all of my insecurities" - I had a guitar teacher just unload all of his concerns on me about teaching kids how to play, trying to make it in the music industry, and just playing guitar in general (he mentioned pretty much every technical deficiency he had - it was interesting). I feel INFP's probably experience this a lot too - is this correct?
    Very correct.

I've got most of the comments from the first post, even though I'm an INFP.
    This is another one that I like:
    I'm in a group of 3-4 people talking about someone, for example the new, mystical guy that just started in our class. I listen to what the others say for a while. Then I start talking and they all listen until I'm done. Then someone says:
    "Do you know him?"

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Flush View Post
    Very correct.

I've got most of the comments from the first post, even though I'm an INFP.
    This is another one that I like:
    I'm in a group of 3-4 people talking about someone, for example the new, mystical guy that just started in our class. I listen to what the others say for a while. Then I start talking and they all listen until I'm done. Then someone says:
    "Do you know him?"
    Hahaha, yeah. I've had many similar experiences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I have amusing (although somewhat intimidating) like experiences; part of walking the line between E/I is that others' impressions of me are determined in a highly situation way. For example: everyone is sitting there talking, while I listen - but then I see an opportunity for involvement and BAM!, this dynamic personality hits them like a ton of bricks . Everyone is amazed that I just pulled that off, it's like it completely changes my role within the group :p

Default Agreed.

These comments mostly hit the nail on the head, but I don't think anyone has EVER asked me whether I "even have emotions/a soul!"

They usually say "You are so perceptive/insightful," and those I am emotionally intimate with comment that I should share more of myself more frequently. In classes, I will speak up when I am passionate or informed about a point of discussion, and yet, when I do, I am always surprised to see that people's heads raise and turn as they are actually listening and surprised by what I contribute.

I get praised for my good listening skills more than anything, and it's natural for me to learn someone's intimate "life story"-type experiences during a first meeting. I could also write a book about them later...

I have an excellent memory about people's "life stories" and personalities and constantly discover people's secrets without trying.

I am considering becoming a spy--on the good side

& I keep all these secrets--my own, my friend's, perfect strangers'--bottled up inside me... do other INFJs feel drained by carrying so much of someone else around inside of them all the time?

OH, and EVERY guy I've ever been interested in or involved with has asked, "What are you thinking??" Hahaha.