• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Describe the effects of Fi on your personality

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been noticing more and more that Fi can take on a vastly different character depending on the person using it. for instance, most of the INFPs on this forum seem to be extremely peaceful and low key. my Fi on the other hand is often much more fiery and passionate, while at the same time both fairly masculine and feminine

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you are a thread startin fool!

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really? I found my Fi to be kind of... leveled? (that is saying if my Fi is really on my top 4 functions.)

Not really peaceful, not exactly low key (when it doesn't want to)

Passion and fervor comes and goes.

It's sort of like people taking anti-depressants to level their emotions. Except, I don't take any medication.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An INFP's Fi is a lot more hidden. Fi, for an EFP, is in support of Pe, so it can take on extroverted qualities at times, being more visible, more focused on other people. INFPs tend to be focused on people in a more conceptual way - as in "humanity" more than actual people. INFP Fi is really intense....I creep people out when I'm in full Fi mode. It's like they just saw an alien pop out of my midsection; their eyes get wide & they lean back instinctively.

I think the affects on my personality are typical otherwise - I'm idealistic, reserved, independent (neither desiring to lead nor follow), daydreamy, moody, introspective, creative, etc. I'm peaceful because I usually don't care. I've been called hostile, aggressive, & intense by people who've seen the caring side though.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Fi usually makes me want to suck on stale turd.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi usually makes me want to suck on stale turd.

RiverTroll1.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah ENFPs can come across as more fiery and passionate with the Fi, because I tend to do the stereotypical championing causes ENFP thing time (I was also described a few days ago IRL as "that sweet shy girl with a surprisingly strong backbone who doesn't break under pressure") but then again, if you really cross an INFP on a crucial issue, you might wish you hadn't.

Also, my Fi makes me irrationally love Jared Leto. 4EVA.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find it a hard question to answer. My Fi can be incredibly passionate and fierce if I don't put a leash on it. Yet I very much yearn to bathe in Fi-harmony and closeness at any given time, in an attempt to avoid conflict. So..I guess I come off as ambivalent. I can get really intense really quickly, especially if you hit the right/very wrong nerve, yet most of the time I try to stay at that zen-like place as it gives me far less head aches and allows me to stay way more in tune with people. When I go all intense and fierce, I feel immensily guilty afterwards for hurting people in the process and drag around this giganticly annoying Te-armor which keeps me from tuning in with people properly.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm generally very laid back. i can be with and accept people who are very different from me, and still manage to relate to them in some way or find common ground. i have very strong opinions about a lot of things, but i don't usually feel the need to share them, because they're personal to me, i don't usually think people care that much, and i don't want to start conflict with people who disagree. there is a certain point where i feel the need to defend myself/my views though and i can (for lack of a better word) be a huge bitch about it. i don't come across as very intense or serious generally, but i can switch on people really fast if i think they're being unfair or an asshole about something.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It turns me into a selfish whiny brooding existential bitchface and I hate it. It needs to stay in check.

Fi is the middle child of my otherwise happy and well adjusted cognitive function family.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It turns me into a selfish whiny brooding existential bitchface and I hate it. It needs to stay in check.

Fi is the middle child of my otherwise happy and well adjusted cognitive function family.

perhaps it's also there in other positive ways that you don't realize.
PS: that's quite different from me. my Fi is extremely stable and brings a psychological balancing/congruency affect to my bouncy Ne and choleric Te.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
perhaps it's also there in other positive ways that you don't realize.
PS: that's quite different from me. my Fi is extremely stable and brings a psychological balancing/congruency affect to my bouncy Ne and choleric Te.

The Fi probably contains some of the best parts of me, but certainly most of the worst as well. It's like this big diva queen that needs all this attention and a giant castle with a moat and guards and servants. Unlike yours, it's pretty unstable.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yeah mine is a little temperamental fireball princess

Yeah, it looks easy to love her but believe me, brother
It's harder than it looks

[...]
Got a smile that'll hold you together
And a touch that'll tear you apart

When she's yours she brings the sunshine
When she's gone the world goes dark
[...]
But [...] hell on the heart

T

ThatGirl

Fi tends to act as a tie breaker for me. Once information gets sorted through passed down from function to function, when it hits fi, a decision is clearly made. In this things become very clear as to what the right or best thing to do is, and I feel confident about the decisions I have made. Other than that it also acts as a subtle conscience nagging at me to maintain integrity and some level of respect, not just for myself but others as well. I think it also helps me define the boundaries. Things like how it is okay to make fun of someone for something they are willingly participating in, but not okay to make fun of someone for say being born disfigured. Its weird how I tend to have a clear set of boundaries other people tend to not be aware of. Sometimes it causes me to speak out against someone or something on a fairness issue but only when it is clear the person is completely wrong and someone is going to suffer because of it.

Idk, its just a personal standard I hold myself accountable for, and wish others would take an interest in.