User Tag List

First 123

Glycerine

This has been a very humbling experience. People have had to change your diaper at the age of 21. Luckily the pain and recovery wil be over pretty soon!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

You've had more than one surgery like this? What's the deal with your leg bones? Is it the result of a previous injury or some pre-existing condition? Either way, I'm so sorry! Do you have any good books to read or stuff to do? How long do you have to be in the hospital for?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

This is my favorite age of kids. They're so innocent and cute!

I hope you feel better soon, Glycerine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8apr...1&feature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shf8Z5P04kg

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    You've had more than one surgery like this? What's the deal with your leg bones? Is it the result of a previous injury or some pre-existing condition? Either way, I'm so sorry! Do you have any good books to read or stuff to do? How long do you have to be in the hospital for?
    I have had misaligned leg bones due to cerebral palsy since birth and the doctors correctected when I was 4-5 but if you have surgery before the age of 7, there is an 85% recurrence into adulthood. My cognitive functioning is normal. I have A's and one A- in three years of undergrad and have a decent social life. Just saying that as not to give a weird first impression of what I am like.

I am going to try to read up on human evolution and sexual selection.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Here's to your swift and painless recovery.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I have had misaligned leg bones due to cerebral palsy since birth and the doctors correctected when I was 4-5 but if you have surgery before the age of 7, there is an 85% recurrence into adulthood. My cognitive functioning is normal. I have A's and one A- in three years of undergrad and have a decent social life. Just saying that as not to give a weird first impression of what I am like.

I am going to try to read up on human evolution and sexual selection.
    I didn't realize that there was any kind of surgery that could be done. Was it the kind of thing where you wanted to do the surgery for practical reasons, or was it a medical necessity where you didn't have any choice? Do you remember the surgery when you were a kid?

I realize that CP has a wide variety of ways it can affect people. One of my good friends from university walks with a limp and has one hand that is bent, but is an incredible teacher and percussionist.

Thanks for telling us what's going on...My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there!

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I didn't realize that there was any kind of surgery that could be done. Was it the kind of thing where you wanted to do the surgery for practical reasons, or was it a medical necessity where you didn't have any choice? Do you remember the surgery when you were a kid?

I realize that CP has a wide variety of ways it can affect people. One of my good friends from university walks with a limp and has one hand that is bent, but is an incredible teacher and percussionist.

Thanks for telling us what's going on...My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there!
    It was both necessary and for practical reasons. If I did do it right now, my father's military insurance would not have covered it unless I enrolled in grad school. I am planning to go to grad school but I did not think it was wise to juggle both grad school and major surgery at the same time. All these surgeries are incredibly painful even with narcotic because the doctors have to cut bones and turn them. Everyone thought it was best for me to do this surgery because I was having bursitis in my left hip and it was very probable that I was going to have future pain problems. Otherwise, I am a very healthy individual.

I apologise if I was acting really b***** over the last few months. I was stressed about this among several other things. I am now my more relaxed, happy, and easy-going self. Oh please no one blame this on me being a Fe-dom (that crap gets old. The psychology professors I have talked to tend to consider MBTI a big joke but I still consider it to be fun and entertaining).

Glycerine

I feel a lot better! Thank you everyone. It was for the best. Now my leg is almost perfectly straight!

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

awesome! glad it was worth it.
    -end of thread-