User Tag List

First 12

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i make fun of an ENFJ friend allll the time for his "always rightness".

two thoughts:
    1. NJs are careful foreplanners. you guys look down the line at probabilities more than at possibilities.
    2. NJs tend not to speak about things they are unsure of
    =
    usually "right"
    Maybe we are right a lot. But no one is right always.

Maybe it's more about the attitude than anything else. It puts my back up when anyone says they're right about something/someone all the time. If you say "I'm always right about people", I will pretty much automatically assume that you tend to be wrong about people, and you're kind of annoying to boot.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    When you say you have "issues" with "magical powers thinking", do you mean that you do tend to find yourself thinking that you are always right about people and their motivations?
    Yes, yes, yes. Sorry I didn’t make that clear in my post. Yes, it is embarrassing to admit as I have grown to really dislike this about myself…but I would/will get a strong sense (magical powers thinking) that I completely understand another person (or interpersonal situation or theory or what have you)…along with their intentions and motivations. And yes, I would/will believe I am 100% right.

But the fact is...whenever I have met someone in person who says "I'm always right about people", they're seriously lacking in self-awareness, they seem insecure, and their comments about others makes me think they're more often than not way off the mark!
    You are so right here. Well, I mean, I never said out-loud ‘I’m always right about people’…but that is basically what I have felt internally. Still do sometimes but I am trying very hard to see things in a new way. And yes, I do think it has stemmed from my own lack of self-awareness and insecurity.

It is a difficult thing for me to put into words…and I know I won’t be able to phrase this properly…but I think Ni is often ‘right’ (very insightful)…or ‘right’ often enough so that the risk is great - an individual can, perhaps unknowingly, become a little too confident in their own ‘system’. The problem is…is like you said ‘no one is always right’.

One difference I noticed with regards to myself and xNxJ friends & colleagues…is that I was never (or at least as) attached to trying to convince others of my ‘rightness’ (is that a J thing?)…but like I said above…internally I believed I was ‘right’…and I feel like it has been very isolating and limiting in my life. Again, I am working very hard to change this in me. I am trying to see things as…yes…I am insightful…but I am open. What is that quote? True wisdom comes from knowing you know nothing?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I love INFJs so if INFJs want to be right, then so shall they be right. (yes i'm being irrational and biased)

INTJs....meh, they have some work to do.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I love INFJs so if INFJs want to be right, then so shall they be right.
    This is why we love you.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think it's an FJ thing to assert their rightness about people. I know both NFJs and SFJs who say they 'knew' xyz about someone. Not that they made any kind of explicit prediction. Somewhere in their mind the XYZ outcome was a possibility, so when it happens they blurt out 'I knew it!".

You don't see that much in TJs. Maybe in non-people related stuff, but most could care less about the people aspect of things.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Maybe we are right a lot. But no one is right always.

Maybe it's more about the attitude than anything else. It puts my back up when anyone says they're right about something/someone all the time. If you say "I'm always right about people", I will pretty much automatically assume that you tend to be wrong about people, and you're kind of annoying to boot.
    hahahaha good point.

he is e3 though and a self-diagnosed show off and he likes it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Anyone of any type who claims to be right all the time is deluding themselves. As you point out, it is often more about attitude. It is said that INTJs know what we know, and know what we don't know. If I realize I am ignorant about something, or can't support my conclusions yet, I will not speak up. When I do speak up, then, it is usually means I do know what I am talking about and have a good chance of being right. I won't state this explicitly, but I'm sure it comes across in my attitude. Even then, I know there is a chance I may be wrong. In fact, I associate almost a confidence level to my conclusions, and if it is too low, I will either say nothing, or qualify my statement accordingly.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFJ

but I am always right.

Those who claim to always be right about anything, make me very wary. When you've mastered something, you've gone through the hardships and mistakes that it took for you to understand situations and extrapolate on new ones. Logically and realistically, being always right is very implausible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah, I've noticed that many Js always think they are right, focusing on their impressions of what is most probable. To them, it's silly to consider the seemingly far-fetched possibilities that Ps will entertain (and yes, I include SPs, who simply do this experimenting with possibilities in the concrete realm, which can seem less far-fetched than NPs, but nevertheless....).

But Ps are know-it-alls, because we've sought out so much info, considered all of its implications, and then concluded that there is no one right conclusion. Instead of claiming rightness we simply claim a more thorough understanding, which also means we may think it's silly to claim you're right, at least with what appears to be limited information.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Right and wrong are subjective so as far as my perception goes, I'm "right". This doesn't mean that other people can't be "right" according to their perception. That's why it's cool to agree to disagree since there aren't very many, if any universal truths.

E - As a way to visualise the above concept, imagine a bank of clouds. One person sees clouds, another perceives dragons and another, the mechanism for rain. None are wrong and all are right, according to their perception.