• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NJ and NP navigations and facial features.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What are they?

I've noticed patterns of behaviour that register upon facial expressions experiences of living the artifacts of life we do the more we experience the more our facial expressions become ingrained, etched into who we are, do they/don't they?

My questions are directional towards feeling and thinking intonations of tone between the inner navigation of intuition and the outward expression of experiences.

Do the experiences that you have shape the way your facial features express your personality outwardly?

Which facial expression resembles which personality most? here are a few fun expressions.

expressions_bored.jpg

INFJ bored

expressions_goofy.jpg

INFP goofy

expressions_thinking.jpg

INTP thinking

expressions_serious.jpg

INTJ serious

expressions_smile.jpg

ENFP smile

expressions_content.jpg

ENFJ content

expressions_fakesmile.jpg

ENTP fake smile

expressions_annoyed.jpg

ENTJ annoyed

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Whats in a face, first impressions are formed when people observe others for the first time and then ascribe personality traits based on those observations. First impressions play an important role in human interaction because they affect the ways in which people anticipate reactions from others. It is important to try to increase our understanding of how first impressions are formed so that we may be aware of the possible inaccuracy of our judgments of others.

An accurate judgment is defined as one which is agreed upon by others and corresponds to a criterion however, there is no purely objective measure of personality, and any model of personality is often disputed.

Discuss.

KDude

Where do these pics come from? I'm the INFJ -_-

I guess I'm INFP goofy sometimes, but I'm not so explicit like that.. I'm one of those people who laughs intensely, but almost silently, burying my head in a pillow.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This was an idea I was curious about exploring and the expressions are found in the link.

I've noticed J has a more downcast judgy appearance while P has a more neutral upbeat appearance to their faces. I suppose depends upon experience and which facial expression starts to become a habit most. When laughter, fun, love and joy is in a persons life more often then laughter, fun, love and joy is expressed more often in the facial expressions probably, it shows in their actions and behaviours too. I'm wondering how much of it is a learned response and how much of it is personality.

I would say that yeah the board look is INFP much more.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
LOL. i'm totally the ENFP smile. guilty as charged. :D

i am very facially expressive, i know. so much so that when i am thinking about a certain situation i will unconsciously change my expression to match what i am thinking, and not the actual situation that i am in. so i could be all grumpy-face frustrated during a pleasant work day or gleefully giggling during an exam because i have had a certain thought!

my NJ friends tend to be more reserved. though. once i know them well, it's easy to know what they're thinking based on their subtle expression changes and mannerisms. Js are consistent, which is useful.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i'm smiley all the time.
when i'm mad, i'll somehow
crack a smile. even if i
don't want to. especially
when i'm yelling. i'll be so
furious and my voice get so
so high i start laughing.

and i'll get frustrated, and
even get tears in my eyes
but i'm laughing or the corners
of my mouth still go up.
it's terrible.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think they're great. I just don't know why the INFP is cross-eyed.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This was an idea I was curious about exploring and the expressions are found in the link.

I've noticed J has a more downcast judgy appearance while P has a more neutral upbeat appearance to their faces. I suppose depends upon experience and which facial expression starts to become a habit most. When laughter, fun, love and joy is in a persons life more often then laughter, fun, love and joy is expressed more often in the facial expressions probably, it shows in their actions and behaviours too. I'm wondering how much of it is a learned response and how much of it is personality.

I would say that yeah the board look is INFP much more.

FWIW I think I look more P than the J .

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My face is apparently insanely expressive. My boyfriend can read me like a book, even down to the tiny, very subtle millimeter-sized movements of my mouth or eyes. It's kind of alarming. ;) :smile:

My default expression is probably similar to the infj bored one, though - just very spacey but also tired-looking, bordering on sad-looking even if I'm not feeling sad. hmfp.

But when I'm happy or feeling silly/playful, my face becomes totally animated. I have a pretty big grin, and also love to laugh. :smile: