User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: ENFPs pwn INTPs

heart on fire

Default ENFPs pwn INTPs

I deleted this post yesturday about five min after I made it and moved it to my blog....WHY was it undeleted!

I have no wish to pwn anyone and that was not anywhere in the premise of my post.
    Last edited by heart; 03-27-2008 at 03:30 PM.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sorry heart, I am responsible for the title of this thread. (Oh, and it's a joke btw)

heart, excellent (deleted) post!

See, I too agree that I am a feeler primarily, but things that feel right to me, are rational, and end up being logical as well.

Things inherently make sense to me, and sometimes, depending on my mood, I'll choose to logically explain my self, and sometimes I can't be bothered to take the time to linearly explain myself.

Whereas logicians will suffer through each and every step, I am comfortable at, and with, skipping a few.

My math teachers/profs *hated* the way I solved many of my math problems, skipping steps, yet still managing to arrive at the correct answer.
    Last edited by SillySapienne; 03-29-2008 at 11:46 PM.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    heart, excellent post!

See, I too, agree that I am a feeler primarily, but things that feel right to me, are rational, and end up being logical as well.

Things inherently make sense to me, and sometimes, depending on my mood, I'll choose to logically explain my self, and sometimes I can't be bothered to take the time to linearly explain myself.

Whereas logicians will suffer through each and every step, I am comfortable at, and with, skipping a few.

My math teachers/profs *hated* the way I solved many of my math problems, skipping steps, yet still managing to arrive at the correct answer.

I moved the post to my blog.

I don't often explain myself because things "feel" logical but I have a hard time explaining why, precisely because I am not a logical thinker, I am a feeler. It doesn't mean that my views are always wrong. I am not going to make excuses for being what I am by trying to say that I am logical when am so obviously not.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    heart, excellent post!

See, I too, agree that I am a feeler primarily, but things that feel right to me, are rational, and end up being logical as well.
    K.

But you can't always count on that.

That's intuition, not feeling.

My math teachers *hated* the way I solved my many of my problems, skipping steps, yet still managing to arrive at the correct answer.[/QUOTE]
    Well... that too is because of intuition -- not feeling.

I skip plenty, and I'm about as F as an uncomfortable monitor lizard.

Mostly thinking for me is for identifying the problem. Coming up with the solution is 100% on intuition. Sometimes I flesh it out logically, sometimes I don't. Here on MBTI is where I do a lot of that logicking.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yes, the MBTI is not supposed to say something about ability, but simply about preference. The two are linked of course, because chances are that you will develop some expertise in the things that you like doing often. However, it is not necessarily the case. Some people may well be good at doing things they don't prefer or bad at doing things that they prefer. This is the reason why even CPP state that the MBTI should not be used for hiring or promotion purposes in the workplace.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Why do you never provide any sort of logical argument to anything you say? You state an opinion like it's some sort of fact, post a smiley, and provide no evidence to back anything up.
    That is not how to argue rationally.

Suppose that CaptainChick argues P, and you ask captain chick to back up P. There are two ways which CaptainChick might try and back up P. First, she might try and derive some consequence from P, let us say Q, "if P then Q". However, in what sense does Q back up P, if Q follows from P? Take the following argument:

(If P then Q) If all cats are black then Shade is black.
    (Q) Shade is black
    Therefore,
    (P) All cats are black

This is invalid i.e. the truth of the conclusion does not follow from the premises. Q does not "back up" P if Q is a consequence of P. The only way which this argument can be valid is if P is equal to Q i.e. if P then P. But who considers P a good reason for P? It is impossible for CaptainChick to avoid your charge like this, so what is the alternative?

Perhaps CaptainChick could propose R, from which P is derived i.e. CaptainChick could "back up" or justify P, using R. This is logically valid, as demonstrated by the following argument:

(If R then P) If all cats are black then Shade is black.
    (R) all cats are black
    Therefore,
    (P) Shade is black

However, since P is the proposition which is being argued, and ~P (not-P) implies ~R (not-R) via modus tollens, then nobody who does not already agree with R is going to see this argument as "backing up" P. If the logical content i.e. set of logical consequences of P is just a subset of the logical content of R, then this argument is shamelessly circular, and equivalent to "R & P, therefore P".

There is no logical method of "backing up" arguments. (This doesn't mean that argument cannot be valid and true, only that they cannot be "backed up", justified, or whatever).
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Nocap,

Intuition is an aspect to, and product of, my "Feeling" sensibilities.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Yes, the MBTI is not supposed to say something about ability, but simply about preference. The two are linked of course, because chances are that you will develop some expertise in the things that you like doing often. However, it is not necessarily the case. Some people may well be good at doing things they don't prefer or bad at doing things that they prefer.
    True.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I'm just as much of a realist as any ESTP.

Attending the strings between concrete data doesn't make the data I observe any less worldly.

Realism and rationalism are not synonymous.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Honestly, all this stuff about type theory I'm not too interested in, at least in regards to the "theory" itself.

What draws me to this site, is the fact that, for some reason, at least in regards to ENFPs, the theory/assessment is shockingly spot on, but that very well may not be the case regarding the other 15 types, I'm not them, so how should I know.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles