• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFPs pwn INTPs

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's interesting that you bring this up. I've seen many INTPs do this when debating issues like health care.

Interesting. At some point, unless you're just playing skeptic and smashing arguments, you have to rely on some subjective moral to advocate a position affirmatively. It'd probably help to set out those assumptions off the bat.

heart

heart on fire
I think the defensive nature of this thread undermines its own purpose by insinuating that emotion is worse than logic. At least that's what I took from it.

:yes: I don't think it is in a Feeler's best interest to try and agrue that they are worthy based on their logic ability.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
It is only as absolute as the person using it. :tongue10:

If the person isn't using it properly, then whatever they're doing isn't logical.

Logic isn't affected by people's abuse of it.

It's not something.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ADMIN HAT

Some borderline insulting posts. Let's dial down the rhetoric a tad. Thanks!

/ADMIN HAT

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Very insightful!!!

But secure idiots, so too, can be irrational.

And someone who is temporarily flooded with emotions may also temporarily act/be irrational.

Nobody is completely secure. If someone is ever able to push another person's button to make them angry, they are pushing a self-esteem button. The resulting hostile response is from their ego. You can think of ego as an emotional firewall with offensive capabilities.

Self-esteem is about how we value ourselves. So if I were to say god damn the usKK of A, your ego might just launch cruise missiles at me if america happens to be a part of your identity, and you value yourself as an american.

Not that I would actually say that. It was just for illustrative purposes. Yes, I'm speaking to all you crazy irrational people out there who might be reading this.:vader1:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes'm.

I know. I was me.

You forgot the brackets though.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Wutevz. And I didn't single anyone out. And you know I don't shy away from singling out.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wutevz. And I didn't single anyone out. And you know I don't shy away from singling out.

Wutevz also, but I know I was guilty.

Also, I think I did a pretty good job of defending myself.

How come no one else uses my tactic? It ends useless fights real easy.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Wutevz also, but I know I was guilty.

Yes but not only you or I would have addressed you directly. Instead it was more of a general STFU.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
If the person isn't using it properly, then whatever they're doing isn't logical.

Logic isn't affected by people's abuse of it.

It's not something.

I find it funny that people define logic as "anything but that which is not logical." Which in and of itself is a logical fallacy. Watch I can do it too!

God is anything but that which is not God. Therefore anything people ever discover that argues God doesn't exist is really proof of his existence.

Yay for logical fallacies!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I find it funny that people define logic as "anything but that which is not logical." Which in and of itself is a logical fallacy. Watch I can do it too!
That's not the definition of logic. And it's not really a fallacy either.
God is anything but that which is not God. Therefore anything people ever discover that argues God doesn't exist is really proof of his existence.
He exists in imagination, ergo, he exists. Yes. How is that not true?

You simply misunderstand. Those two things only go to prove what isn't logical, or what isn't god. They don't by any means prove that logic or god does exist. At all.

And let's not forget, logic is an abstract process. God is supposed to be concrete, on another plane. There's a difference.

Yay for logical fallacies!
Yeah. Except... oh wait, I already covered it.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
That's not the definition of logic. And it's not really a fallacy either.

A: That was how you were defining it.
B: It is a fallacy.

What is the definition of logic?

Logic: a system of reasoning.

Therefore, I make the argument that a system is only as good as the person who is using it.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
A: That was how you were defining it.
B: It is a fallacy.
No it isn't. I didn't define logic. I said that there are plenty of things that aren't logical.

And even if it was, the same sentence can't use God, because any kind of proof that god doesn't exist, only means that he can't be searched for there. It does not mean that he exists. It just means he doesn't exist there.

What is the definition of logic?

Logic: a system of reasoning.

Therefore, I make the argument that a system is only as good as the person who is using it.
But it doesn't make sense. The system isn't affected by someone elses abuse. It's not like a gear tract. It's abstract. It can't be damaged.

You're wrong.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't think logica/rationality/emotion have to be separate from one another. Like it's a give and take that the more 'rational' you are the less emotional you have to be. It's such a reductive take on things and sets up an adversarial stance when it comes to your own personal resources -- like there's not enough to go around and something has to give.

I think I'm pretty rational and logical or whatever the adjectives are that describe being able to see things accurately and for what they are and what would naturally follow from Step A to Step B. But regardless of my perception of things, I prefer to live based on my feelings, my intuition, my gut.

I make lots of decisions that one could argue "don't make logical sense" -- but even the most logical and rational person can have their decisions dissected and argued every which way for 'not making sense'. I know that and I don't care. I do what makes me happy. I think everyone wants to be happy in their life, regardless of type.

For some people being the most "logical" or the most "rational" gets them the biggest slice of cake in their eyes and personal satisfaction. For some people, letting their emotions flow freely and even engulf them makes them feel alive and personal satisfaction. Whatever floats your boat.

I think perhaps one reason, as others have already alluded, that ENFP gets a rep for not being as logical or rational (at least on this forum) is simply that most of the ENFP members here don't really care to win any logic contests or need validation from an NT (especially the obnoxious ones) in a 'debate'. At least I don't. In this case I think it's more a matter of not being interested in playing the game rather than being definitively logical or rational.