User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 160

Thread: ENFPs pwn INTPs

  1. #61
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    But it doesn't make sense. The system isn't affected by someone elses abuse. It's not like a gear tract. It's abstract. It can't be damaged.

    You're wrong.
    Consider the outcomes. If somebody who hasn't had the experience to reason correctly uses the system, then the outcome will be incorrect. Whereas, if somebody who has had the experience to reason correctly uses the system, then the outcome will be correct. Therefore the system only works if the person who has had the experience necessary to reason correctly uses it. It is therefore only as good as the person using it.

    Does that make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  2. #62
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    JHC, hasn't the T vs. F subject been beat into the carpet like old gum?

    Just to recap:

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-thinking.html

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...s-cold-fs.html

    This thread is perilously close to getting thrown in graveyard.

  3. #63
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    If God is concrete, then how come haven't I ever seen or heard from him?
    Have you ever seen the inside of the earth?

    Logic is neither concrete nor abstract by itself.
    Maybe that one you invented is neither, but concrete vs. abstract is a boolean measure.

    On or off, yes or no, concrete or abstract.

    It's one or the other. You'd know that if you knew the definitions of the words.
    we fukin won boys

  4. #64
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    JHC, hasn't the T vs. F subject been beat into the carpet like old gum?
    When did that ever affect a message board discussion?

  5. #65
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Have you ever seen the inside of the earth?
    No, so cognitively, it is abstract. No one knows for sure what's down there. So it's speculative.

  6. #66
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    When did that ever affect a message board discussion?
    I'd think that having the same discussion every other week with a different thread title would get boring. Evidently not.

  7. #67
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'd think that having the same discussion every other week with a different thread title would get boring. Evidently not.
    People love formula in literature and movies, why would message boards be different?

  8. #68
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Consider the outcomes. If somebody who hasn't had the experience to reason correctly uses the system, then the outcome will be incorrect. Whereas, if somebody who has had the experience to reason correctly uses the system, then the outcome will be correct. Therefore the system only works if the person who has had the experience necessary to reason correctly uses it. It is therefore only as good as the person using it.

    Does that make sense?
    No. It doesn't.

    If they're using logic wrong, then they're not using logic. They're using something else. I don't know what it is, but it's not logic.

    It's simple and incontrovertible. If they're wrong, it's not logical. Not that they were using logic wrong.

    There's no argument here. You're just objectifying logic which is wrong. It's not physically present. Stop trying to make it so.
    we fukin won boys

  9. #69
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    No, so cognitively, it is abstract.

    No one knows for sure what's down there.
    Not knowing what it is doesn't make it abstract. Abstract means not physically present.

    You could say that abstractions don't exist.
    we fukin won boys

  10. #70
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Not knowing what it is, doesn't make it abstract. Abstract means not physically present.

    You could say that abstractions don't exist.
    As as far as I know, cognitively, the center of the earth is not physically present. It's a suggestion, but it's not absolute.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP and INTP Magnetic Pull?
    By seeker22 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 03:58 AM
  2. [MBTItm] former ENFP becoming INTP? maturing?
    By hermeticdancer in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:43 PM
  3. [MBTItm] ENFPs and INTPs
    By deepthought in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM
  4. Who am I?? INFP, ENFP or INTP??? Please help.
    By Ernesto in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO