User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 160

Thread: ENFPs pwn INTPs

  1. #51
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Wutevz. And I didn't single anyone out. And you know I don't shy away from singling out.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  2. #52
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Wutevz. And I didn't single anyone out. And you know I don't shy away from singling out.
    Wutevz also, but I know I was guilty.

    Also, I think I did a pretty good job of defending myself.

    How come no one else uses my tactic? It ends useless fights real easy.
    we fukin won boys

  3. #53
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Wutevz also, but I know I was guilty.
    Yes but not only you or I would have addressed you directly. Instead it was more of a general STFU.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  4. #54
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yes but not only you or I would have addressed you directly. Instead it was more of a general STFU.
    Bully!

  5. #55
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    If the person isn't using it properly, then whatever they're doing isn't logical.

    Logic isn't affected by people's abuse of it.

    It's not something.
    I find it funny that people define logic as "anything but that which is not logical." Which in and of itself is a logical fallacy. Watch I can do it too!

    God is anything but that which is not God. Therefore anything people ever discover that argues God doesn't exist is really proof of his existence.

    Yay for logical fallacies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  6. #56
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I find it funny that people define logic as "anything but that which is not logical." Which in and of itself is a logical fallacy. Watch I can do it too!
    That's not the definition of logic. And it's not really a fallacy either.
    God is anything but that which is not God. Therefore anything people ever discover that argues God doesn't exist is really proof of his existence.
    He exists in imagination, ergo, he exists. Yes. How is that not true?

    You simply misunderstand. Those two things only go to prove what isn't logical, or what isn't god. They don't by any means prove that logic or god does exist. At all.

    And let's not forget, logic is an abstract process. God is supposed to be concrete, on another plane. There's a difference.


    Yay for logical fallacies!
    Yeah. Except... oh wait, I already covered it.
    we fukin won boys

  7. #57
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post


    Favorite post of today, thanks.
    And I think I will be able to change your views on capital punishment after you read this and this! Think of it as cool and unusual punishment!

  8. #58
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    That's not the definition of logic. And it's not really a fallacy either.
    A: That was how you were defining it.
    B: It is a fallacy.

    What is the definition of logic?

    Logic: a system of reasoning.

    Therefore, I make the argument that a system is only as good as the person who is using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  9. #59
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    A: That was how you were defining it.
    B: It is a fallacy.
    No it isn't. I didn't define logic. I said that there are plenty of things that aren't logical.

    And even if it was, the same sentence can't use God, because any kind of proof that god doesn't exist, only means that he can't be searched for there. It does not mean that he exists. It just means he doesn't exist there.

    What is the definition of logic?

    Logic: a system of reasoning.

    Therefore, I make the argument that a system is only as good as the person who is using it.
    But it doesn't make sense. The system isn't affected by someone elses abuse. It's not like a gear tract. It's abstract. It can't be damaged.

    You're wrong.
    we fukin won boys

  10. #60
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    I don't think logica/rationality/emotion have to be separate from one another. Like it's a give and take that the more 'rational' you are the less emotional you have to be. It's such a reductive take on things and sets up an adversarial stance when it comes to your own personal resources -- like there's not enough to go around and something has to give.

    I think I'm pretty rational and logical or whatever the adjectives are that describe being able to see things accurately and for what they are and what would naturally follow from Step A to Step B. But regardless of my perception of things, I prefer to live based on my feelings, my intuition, my gut.

    I make lots of decisions that one could argue "don't make logical sense" -- but even the most logical and rational person can have their decisions dissected and argued every which way for 'not making sense'. I know that and I don't care. I do what makes me happy. I think everyone wants to be happy in their life, regardless of type.

    For some people being the most "logical" or the most "rational" gets them the biggest slice of cake in their eyes and personal satisfaction. For some people, letting their emotions flow freely and even engulf them makes them feel alive and personal satisfaction. Whatever floats your boat.

    I think perhaps one reason, as others have already alluded, that ENFP gets a rep for not being as logical or rational (at least on this forum) is simply that most of the ENFP members here don't really care to win any logic contests or need validation from an NT (especially the obnoxious ones) in a 'debate'. At least I don't. In this case I think it's more a matter of not being interested in playing the game rather than being definitively logical or rational.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP and INTP Magnetic Pull?
    By seeker22 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 03:58 AM
  2. [MBTItm] former ENFP becoming INTP? maturing?
    By hermeticdancer in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:43 PM
  3. [MBTItm] ENFPs and INTPs
    By deepthought in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM
  4. Who am I?? INFP, ENFP or INTP??? Please help.
    By Ernesto in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO