User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 160

Thread: ENFPs pwn INTPs

  1. #21
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    It does imply it. It just doesn't guarantee it.
    Good point.

  2. #22
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Well CC, I have believed in your rationality so far, no problem about it - but it doesn't show up awfully lot in your daily writing. I always look at your posts as they're coming from someone who is well capable of being rational, but rarely bothers to exert her capabilities to half the extent. I've no problem describing you as a capable logician, if just a bit colored with personal agenda. Yet you display outstanding impartiality and logical skills at times.

    But, most of what you do doesn't invite assessment of you as a rational person. It doesn't mean you would seem irrational. You like to juggle with thoughts for personal effect, for the kicks. It does diminish your rationality a bit. Can't help it - how could someone be irrational at will and rational at will, and get everthing from both worlds? For traits to be most useful, they have to be put into use consistently, not just for showing off now and then and forgotten for the most part. But, there's only so much anyone can do with the time they have

    Edit: This is representative of my view of ENFPs in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #23
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    *sigh*

    I have not even made it through the first page and I have to disagree

    Over all and generally speaking ENFP's lack the ability to be rational and logical. Instinctively we are not. That however is not saying that we cannot be. As long as we are able to with hold our emotions OR we are NOT emotionally attached to a situation (which is rare at best but can happen) then and only then are we able to grasp for the rational and logical response.
    WOW, I disagree wholeheartedly, how are we both ENFPs?

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #24
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    *sigh*

    I have not even made it through the first page and I have to disagree

    Over all and generally speaking ENFP's lack the ability to be rational and logical. Instinctively we are not. That however is not saying that we cannot be. As long as we are able to with hold our emotions OR we are NOT emotionally attached to a situation (which is rare at best but can happen) then and only then are we able to grasp for the rational and logical response.
    I agree with Targo. For the NF, one needs to know themselves and the tendancy to be emotional more than being rational, only then can rationality be sought. We have to first be honest about our nature before we can do this.

  5. #25
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    I know as an NF that I am fully capable of using reason, but hard logic is distasteful to me in comparison to intuition and feelings. To a degree I might be capable of it, but I certainly don't like it. It's all really just preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  6. #26
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    "Rational" is a system of value used to described an assemblage of principles that actively seek to conform to the mechanical structure of a "parent" system.

    "Rational" behavior is an extreme improbability given the singularity of our perceptual acuities; people can rarely see more than one perspective at a time. This inevitability degrades our ability to "rationally" respond to any situation.


    NT's aren't necessarily any more rational than NF's; SP's; SJ's...whichever.

    Emphasis on a system of intellectual belief does not necessarily make one an expert in it. NT's are no different.

  7. #27
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    "Rational" is a system of value used to described an assemblage of principles that actively seek to conform to the mechanical structure of a "parent" system.

    "Rational" behavior is an extreme improbability given the singularity of our perceptual acuities; people can rarely see more than one perspective at a time. This inevitability degrades our ability to "rationally" respond to any situation.


    NT's aren't necessarily any more rational than NF's; SP's; SJ's...whichever.

    Emphasis on a system of intellectual belief does not necessarily make one an expert in it. NT's are no different.
    However because they're more emphatic on those, they're the ones more likely to come out with that impressive rationality, which is what CC's talking about.
    we fukin won boys

  8. #28
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Well CC, I have believed in your rationality so far, no problem about it - but it doesn't show up awfully lot in your daily writing. I always look at your posts as they're coming from someone who is well capable of being rational, but rarely bothers to exert her capabilities to half the extent. I've no problem describing you as a capable logician, if just a bit colored with personal agenda. Yet you display outstanding impartiality and logical skills at times.
    This is a logistical problem more than anything else. ENFPs tend to be emotive in person and it's very difficult to be emotive when you're typing. I know I'm not very good at it. I tend to go a bit over the top at times (or I deliberately hold myself back, becoming very, very dry).

    As for the premise of this thread, I think it varies between ENFPs. I tend to think of myself as pretty rational, most of the time, but I know some ENFPs have more difficulty than me. And so do some INTPs.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  9. #29
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    The word emotional does imply excess, according to the dictionary, and to my past experience with the word. I however, do not think that it should carry the negative connotation, as it should only pertain the experience of emotion.. but everyone experiences emotion (save for the few nuts), so when the word it used, it is often expressed in regard to someone that has trouble controlling his or her emotions.
    Not to the dictionary at least, check out the first definitions cited from several dictionary sources.

    emotional - Definitions from Dictionary.com
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  10. #30
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    The word emotional does imply excess, according to the dictionary, and to my past experience with the word. I however, do not think that it should carry the negative connotation, as it should only pertain the experience of emotion.. but everyone experiences emotion (save for the few nuts), so when the word it used, it is often expressed in regard to someone that has trouble controlling his or her emotions.
    I think it is more that our XSTJ culture here in the USA (probably UK too) wants to give emotion a negative connotation. The word itself doesn't imply excess, it is just that people view it negatively, so that any emotion is seen as too much.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP and INTP Magnetic Pull?
    By seeker22 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 03:58 AM
  2. [MBTItm] former ENFP becoming INTP? maturing?
    By hermeticdancer in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:43 PM
  3. [MBTItm] ENFPs and INTPs
    By deepthought in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM
  4. Who am I?? INFP, ENFP or INTP??? Please help.
    By Ernesto in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO