User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 160

Thread: ENFPs pwn INTPs

  1. #11
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    I believe that ENFPs believe they are rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  2. #12
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Perhaps what I *am* getting at is, that in my own personal experience, and by observing some fellow ENFPs on this site, I find that we happen to be incredibly rational.

    Being *emotional* and being *irrational* are *not* the same thing!!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #13
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    if only someone could be good at everything...

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    who says being irrational is a bad thing?
    *waves hand erratically*

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Attending the strings between concrete data doesn't make the data I observe any less worldly.

    Realism and rationalism are not synonymous.
    unchecked mechanical ignorance and accuracy are not synonymous

  4. #14
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Well... being ENFP does not imply being emotional (which implies excess).

  5. #15
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Well... being ENFP does not imply being emotional (which implies excess).
    Does being emotional really imply excess?

    Or is this a view held by those who are thinkers and may feel uncomfortable with emotion?

    Why do we often use the word "over-emotional" to express excess?

  6. #16
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Well... being ENFP does not imply being emotional (which implies excess).
    No, it means of or relating to emotions, though for many, esp. for Ts, it does *imply* excess.

    But I meant it in the literal sense.

    I am both a highly emotional and rational being.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  7. #17
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    The word emotional does imply excess, according to the dictionary, and to my past experience with the word. I however, do not think that it should carry the negative connotation, as it should only pertain the experience of emotion.. but everyone experiences emotion (save for the few nuts), so when the word it used, it is often expressed in regard to someone that has trouble controlling his or her emotions.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Does being emotional really imply excess?

    Or is this a view held by those who are thinkers and may feel uncomfortable with emotion?

    Why do we often use the word "over-emotional" to express excess?
    emotions are a sect of logic, as is everything. however, in human choice, where the use of logic is ultimately driven by emotion, a certain illogic is introduced with this order.

    does it really make sense to do what "makes sense" even if it makes you feel terrible?

    perhaps it's a common opinion of "thinkers" that "emotionals" inflict greater emotional harm than good in the long run?

  9. #19
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    emotions are a sect of logic, as is anything. however, in human choice, where the use of logic is ultimately driven by emotion, a certain illogic is introduced with this order.

    does it really make sense to do what "makes sense" even if it makes you feel terrible?
    It depends on what sort of "feeling" you are meaning when you say "feel terrible."

    Someone might feel incredible grief making a personal sacrifice for something they know is the right moral thing to do, but they would feel worse with shame and disgust in themselves if they did not do it. There might be no escape of bad feelings in a given situation. Being driven by feelings does not necessarily equate to hedonism.

  10. #20
    ~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    *sigh*

    I have not even made it through the first page and I have to disagree

    Over all and generally speaking ENFP's lack the ability to be rational and logical. Instinctively we are not. That however is not saying that we cannot be. As long as we are able to with hold our emotions OR we are NOT emotionally attached to a situation (which is rare at best but can happen) then and only then are we able to grasp for the rational and logical response.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP and INTP Magnetic Pull?
    By seeker22 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 03:58 AM
  2. [MBTItm] former ENFP becoming INTP? maturing?
    By hermeticdancer in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:43 PM
  3. [MBTItm] ENFPs and INTPs
    By deepthought in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM
  4. Who am I?? INFP, ENFP or INTP??? Please help.
    By Ernesto in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO